tradeable Bills

Justice

I think the hamster inside your head stopped spinning his wheel. Please don't apply for the GM job when it comes open.

But since we are talking trades, would anyone give up something to Tampa for Keenan McCardell (who is still holding out)? I think most of us agree that Josh is better in the slot, and that Lee is a year away from helping us.

Just thought I'd throw that out there to start a debate about our receiving corps, which quite honestly I'm worried about (other than Moulds).

31118[/snapback]

i'll throw it right back at you. "most of us agree???" it has been ONE FREAKING GAME. we have no idea whether or not evans can help the bills this year. the gameplan obviously did not involve deep throws to him, since bledsoe didn't take sacks and he got rid of the ball quickly all game. give it some time, man...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll throw it right back at you.  "most of us agree???"  it has been ONE FREAKING GAME.  we have no idea whether or not evans can help the bills this year.  the gameplan obviously did not involve deep throws to him, since bledsoe didn't take sacks and he got rid of the ball quickly all game.  give it some time, man...

31130[/snapback]

How do you suggest this happens then? Lee Evans has great speed, but it takes time to get downfield and get open. But we don't have that time because our line isn't great at pass-protecting, and our quarterback sure as hell can't buy any time with his legs. So I ask you, what good does it do to have a speedy receiver? For now, we are better off with veteran receivers who can get open on short routes and catch the ball. That is a much more difficult thing to do then just streak down the field, and that's why I think it's going to take time for Evans to learn the skill of just getting open.

:D:P

He's not worth the loot. I'd rather trade the guy for a 1st round pick or two. Use that money on a dominant center or tackle, like Orlando Pace. There are a couple of FA lineman available next year and I believe they will fill more of a need than TKO.

31037[/snapback]

Orlando Pace = dominant????

More like past his time.

If you were talking Johnathan Odgen I might consider it. But not for TKO. For London???? OK.

31196[/snapback]

IF you could throw out the salary cap,

I'd trade TKO for Ogden in a heartbeat.

Pace is the one I'd have to think about (attitude ???'s),

but I'd probably trade TKO for him too.

Nothing against TKO,

but OLT is much more important of a position than ROLB,

+ Ogden & maybe Pace are potential HOF-ers.

He's not worth the loot. I'd rather trade the guy for a 1st round pick or two. Use that money on a dominant center or tackle, like Orlando Pace. There are a couple of FA lineman available next year and I believe they will fill more of a need than TKO.

31037[/snapback]

Right.... :D

How do you suggest this happens then? Lee Evans has great speed, but it takes time to get downfield and get open. But we don't have that time because our line isn't great at pass-protecting, and our quarterback sure as hell can't buy any time with his legs. So I ask you, what good does it do to have a speedy receiver? For now, we are better off with veteran receivers who can get open on short routes and catch the ball. That is a much more difficult thing to do then just streak down the field, and that's why I think it's going to take time for Evans to learn the skill of just getting open.

31161[/snapback]

it all has to do with gameplanning. the more the bills establish themselves as a running team, the more opposing defenses have to commit to stopping the run. this, in turn, leads to play-action and more a more "explosive" down-the-field attack. jacksonville was just a poor matchup for the bills in week one because their interior line is so good at run-stopping.

i really believe that while this is a work in progress, we'll start to see the offense open up in the coming weeks and evans will be a big part of that.

i think a first-time-starting-together OL getting close to 100 yards rushing against the jacksonville defense is a sign of good things to come.

it all has to do with gameplanning.  the more the bills establish themselves as a running team, the more opposing defenses have to commit to stopping the run.  this, in turn, leads to play-action and more a more "explosive" down-the-field attack.  jacksonville was just a poor matchup for the bills in week one because their interior line is so good at run-stopping.

i really believe that while this is a work in progress, we'll start to see the offense open up in the coming weeks and evans will be a big part of that.

i think a first-time-starting-together OL getting close to 100 yards rushing against the jacksonville defense is a sign of good things to come.

31349[/snapback]

Three points-

1) You want to trade Spikes- Even if salary cap concerns were not an issue. This team has very few top rated players- Spikes is the very best. Trade him and you water down the talent even more.

2) The thought of trading him for Baltimore- After Ozzie Newsome stops laughing it will never happen. A)Ogden is a top 15 player in the league, Spikes is around 50 at best. B) Ravens have Suggs and Lewis. They do not need another linebacker.

3) You rarely trade an established player for a draft pick. How have the Bills 1st round picks since 1997 faired? Lets review. A. Smith, pick traded for R. Johnson, A Winfield, E. Flowers, Clements, Williams, trade for Bledsoe and McGahee, Lee Evans and JP Losman. Are any of those guys better than Takeo?

Dogpile on the Rabbit!!!! Dogpile on the Rabbit!!!!!

Dumbest thing I have ever heard. May as well trade Moulds, McGahee, Losman, Schoebel and Clements while we are at it. One game, one loss and you'd think the Hindenburg slammed into the Titanic and sunk everything. Jesus H. Christ on the proverbial popsicile stick. Enough already.

Three points-

1) You want to trade Spikes- Even if salary cap concerns were not an issue.  This team has very few top rated players- Spikes is the very best. Trade him and you water down the talent even more.

2) The thought of trading him for Baltimore- After Ozzie Newsome stops laughing it will never happen.  A)Ogden is a top 15 player in the league, Spikes is around 50 at best. B) Ravens have Suggs and Lewis. They do not need another linebacker.

3) You rarely trade an established player for a draft pick.  How have the Bills 1st round picks since 1997 faired?  Lets review.  A. Smith, pick traded for R. Johnson, A Winfield, E. Flowers, Clements, Williams, trade for Bledsoe and McGahee, Lee Evans and JP Losman. Are any of those guys better than Takeo?

31358[/snapback]

were you responding to me? my post has nothing to do w/ trading spikes. i don't want to trade spikes. i was debating indydave's point that evans won't contribute this year.

What would could you get for Spikes? Maybe a 3rd if the other team is desperate for a LB....no way. Plus the hit on the cap would be staggering I bet.

We need a Kicker....trade Bledsoe for any Kicker that can get it through the damn uprights... :P

This year is lost anyways, we already lost one game. :D

were you responding to me?  my post has nothing to do w/ trading spikes.  i don't want to trade spikes.  i was debating indydave's point that evans won't contribute this year.

31385[/snapback]

No, I actually screw up and reply sometimes to a random email. Seriously. I am not goofing on this. I was replying the the original thread. My bad! Seriously not sarcastic on this one.

it all has to do with gameplanning.  the more the bills establish themselves as a running team, the more opposing defenses have to commit to stopping the run.  this, in turn, leads to play-action and more a more "explosive" down-the-field attack.  jacksonville was just a poor matchup for the bills in week one because their interior line is so good at run-stopping.

31349[/snapback]

Fair enough. Let's hope you're right.