best pizza in WNY?

grammer_police

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's gone downhill.  10 years ago, when I lived there it was very good.  Haven't had it from there in a long time.

Over in Rochester, J&J's in Perinton is very good.

None of them compare w/ LaPaloma's though.

Dave.

442067[/snapback]

The last time I was there the sausage tasted like weak ground beef and the dough wasn't fully cooked. I agree it used to be good!

I used to really like the Salfranco's pizza before it went Danny's. I used to get pizza from there every Friday. We ought to keep a running list of "good pizza and wings outside of WNY."

OK, I'll bite... I live 5 minutes from there.  You're saying the pizza they serve and the pizza they send out are 2 different pizzas?

442001[/snapback]

the take out pizza is good. it's just that when you eat at the place and it comes out of the oven....my god man....it is so freakin' good.

i guess i should add that it is thin crust. if you like the deep dish thick crust stuff....it won't be your favorite.

they have this deal....called "The Collossal Challenge". I don't know all the facts but if you an one other person can eat one of their Colossal pizza's within something like 20 minutes you both get a free t-shirt and a coupon for a free large pie. I have never tried it. i am told they make this pizza a little thicker and a lot heavier on the toppings to try and slow you down.

if you want to try it just for a good deal....they sell a nice sized pepperoni slice for just .99

I believe Mom's was on 56th.  It was great cold and was sold in many of the little delis in town.

As for your question "what bldg they are in"...I assume you are talking about Pizza Oven.  Dunno about the bldg they are in...but, they are on Niagara St on the other side of 19th st. (but on the same side of Niagara St) as Bozak's (now out of business).

I just read that sentence and it's so confusing now I'm not even sure where they are. :blush:

442051[/snapback]

Wow, I am surprized you knew Mom's. Your right about it being cold, well room temp, and still tasting great. And I believe you are right about 56th street. If you went out to what I think was Pine Ave, you could check out the Bug of the Month :)

Is the Niagara st area the part of town you were from?

Wow, I am surprized you knew Mom's.  Your right about it being cold, well room temp, and still tasting great.  And I believe you are right about 56th street.  If you went out to what I think was Pine Ave, you could check out the Bug of the Month :blush:

Is the Niagara st area the part of town you were from?

442115[/snapback]

No, I grew up in Devaux (sp?).

I knew Moms because we sold it at my grandfather's store (Parnella's Delicatessin on Buffalo Ave in LaSalle). I worked there when I was a kid. As I got older I often bought slices a various little stores. Occasionally, I'd hit the pizzeria on 56th.

As for Buzzy's, it really isn't what it used to be, I ate there a couple of times last year and it was just OK. Too bad.

Grew up in NF. LaHacienda was, and still is the best. Sammy's, Buzzy's etc are very good, but not all the time. Pizza Oven is good, but wouldn't put it on the top of the list.

Have yet to find anything in Rochester that comes close to NF pizza places. We have our favorites here, but whenever I'm back in NF I am reminded what real Pizza is.

Been a while since I've been up that way, but Pizza Villa in Henrietta has some killer gourmet stuff, lots of nice alkeehol, and KILLER homemade desserts.

Anyone know if it's still around?

Most of the suggestions, outside mine and a few others, are not from Buffalo. They are from WNY, but not the city.

In the city I am convinced that Casa di Pizza on Elmwood is the best. The different flavored crusts such as Garlic is the best!!!

442193[/snapback]

Thats because the title was "Best Pizza in WNY?" :blush:

Thats because the title was "Best Pizza in WNY?"  :blush:

442205[/snapback]

I was only raising the point because it seems Buffalo has a pizza shop on almost every block.

Another place is the small pizza shop on Allen St. called New York Pizza. Great NY style pizza with great service!

I used to live on Elmwood between virginia and allen while I was in law school. One day on the week before finals during my first year of law school I got the most intense stomach flu! I was on my couch and could not get up. I picked up my phone, called New York Pizza, and asked if they would deliver bottled water. Not only did they do so, they delivered a case of it and did not charge me!

Nothing, I mean NOTHING, compares to Bocce on Bailey. The place hasn't changed since I was about 4 (over 30 years ago) and the pizza is one of the best damn things about WNY.

Every year when I make the Hajj to Buffalo for the first home game I make sure to go to Bocce's and get pizza plus at least 1 famous half-baked pies to freeze and cook later. That usually lasts me until spring, when I start jonesing so bad I break down and order a half-baked to be shipped to me via FedEx. I can proudly say that I've had Bocce pizza in 4 states - it's that good.

Damn the sausage is kickass!

If you didn't vote Bocce you've never had it....

Been a while since I've been up that way, but Pizza Villa in Henrietta has some killer gourmet stuff, lots of nice alkeehol, and KILLER homemade desserts.

Anyone know if it's still around?

442189[/snapback]

are you thinking of the Pizza Cafe?

if so...this is a thread about the best pizza...not the worst pizza.

i left the pizza cafe one night...and the guy at the door (turned out to be the owner or the son of the owner) asked me how i liked the place. i told him...to be perfectly honest i think it was the worst pizza i have ever had.

he got hostile to me.....i thought he was going to spit on me or throw a punch at me. :blush:

seriously...the Pizza Cafe really really really is the suckiest pizza ever.