TSW Apology Board

Fake-Fat Sunny

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely did not think that Preston was ready to play based on the preseason games. I'm thrilled he did well, and did not stand out as a weak link at all.

Also, I thought the release of Dorenbos was BS (unless they knew something I didn't -- drug use, other issues). But, the snaps from Shrek looked great, not as fast as Dorenbos, but really smooth. After watching the game, I found it very plausable that Lindell can be more consistent because of the better snaps.

Also, Bennie Anderson performed better than his recent press here (and Gandy too). I also agree w Denney, Posey, McGee at CB, Vincent, and JP.

I'm not apologizing for not saying anything good about DB's play yesterday. I don't like Jones, I don't like the Tuna and I don't like anyone who plays for the Cowboys including DB!

Therefore, when DB s-h-i-t-s the bed(and you know he will), I will come out guns a blazin' and when he plays well, I'll just store up the venom for the next week! :doh:

What about Josh Reed? I didn't see the game, and I didn't hear that he did anything spectacular ... but it sounds like at least he didn't drop any passes yesterday ... caught JP's 1st NFL regular season pass.

Anyone who saw the game care to comment on his play?

What about Josh Reed?  I didn't see the game, and I didn't hear that he did anything spectacular ... but it sounds like at least he didn't drop any passes yesterday ... caught JP's 1st NFL regular season pass.

Anyone who saw the game care to comment on his play?

437983[/snapback]

One reception for 6 yards. Looked good on one Kickoff that i saw. Missed two others that were not thrown to where he was that I remember, one I would guess was just lead too far by JP, the other was behind him a couple feet, and he and JP had words about it -- looked to me like Reed started the dialog, not JP ripping into Reed as others characterize it, but I just have what I could see on DirecTV.

I'm not apologizing for not saying anything good about DB's play yesterday.  I don't like Jones, I don't like the Tuna and I don't like anyone who plays for the Cowboys including DB!

Therefore, when DB s-h-i-t-s the bed(and you know he will), I will come out guns a blazin' and when he plays well, I'll just store up the venom for the next week! :(

437961[/snapback]

LMFAO! I'm with you, brother! 0:)

I'm not apologizing for not saying anything good about DB's play yesterday.  I don't like Jones, I don't like the Tuna and I don't like anyone who plays for the Cowboys including DB!

Therefore, when DB s-h-i-t-s the bed(and you know he will), I will come out guns a blazin' and when he plays well, I'll just store up the venom for the next week! 0:)

437961[/snapback]

I just removed SD from the ranks of teams with good defenses. Let's what old mutton head and cinder block feet do against the Redskins.

I just removed SD from the ranks of teams with good defenses.  Let's what old mutton head and cinder block feet do against the Redskins.

438033[/snapback]

SD had a nice run last year, but was 1 - 4 in the regular season against teams that ended up in the play-offs.

I wouldn't call them bums, but they are IMO not a proven powerhouse. They could win that division, but the AFC West crown might end up being a pretty good fight.

I'm a bit more concerned about your self-appointment as Father Confessor... 0:)

This is quite a cheek you espouse, saying that other's opinions have to pass your personal filter.

Your "Fan enough...Man enough" are historical mob and gang rallying points.

437667[/snapback]

On th contrary:

1. I do not put myself above others as I flat out say I have not seen the game and only know what the press has said) which given the press is not saying much but even this says more about their stupidity than declare any brilliance from mr.

2. I started this off with my own apology.

3. I make few declarations beyond the relatively obvious three I mention and try to substantiate the claims by citing the general posting style which causes me to wonder whether folks are reconsidering their opinions of Lindell, Posey and Fletcher based on reality. I do not tell folks to apologize to the others but merely ask folks to take this opportunity it they choose.

Quite frankly I do not plan to get snotty about things until after midseason, Until then I think my posts are relatively mild.

There was not one moment yesterday (at the Bills game, or watching the 2nd half of the Dallas game afterwards) where I wished the Bills still had Bledsoe.  Good for him if he plays well, but good riddance.

437624[/snapback]

Honestly, me neither. But if he's outplaying Losman...well, that doesn't say much for Losman, does it?

I definitely did not think that Preston was ready to play based on the preseason games.  I'm thrilled he did well, and did not stand out as a weak link at all.

Also, I thought the release of Dorenbos was BS (unless they knew something I didn't -- drug use, other issues).  But, the snaps from Shrek looked great, not as fast as Dorenbos, but really smooth.  After watching the game, I found it very plausable that Lindell can be more consistent because of the better snaps.

Also, Bennie Anderson performed better than his recent press here (and Gandy too).  I also agree w Denney, Posey, McGee at CB, Vincent, and JP.

437931[/snapback]

The Dorenbos cut is interesting in that it coincided with a big improvement in Lindell production, I am one who believes that the placekick does involve the performance of 11 people and specifically good performance by 3 (snapper, holder, kicker) so merely blamig one person is not necessarily the whole story, but the idea that merely by changing snappers we could get such a large difference in production.

The nice thing for me about his FINALLY showing some good production at placekicking is that it looks less stupid to emphsize wha I see as great performance by him in a critical part of his game kickoffs. The point remains the same but it simply comes off as less of a lame apology for his horrible long distance placekicking.

I'm still not much of a believer that a snapper can make that big or immediate a difference but Lindell and Shreck can prove that to this fan over the next few weeks.

I apologize for.......NOTHING.

I said 31-0 Bills. It was 22-7 and should have been at least 30-0. Carr didn't score but the Bills blew all their timeouts and couldn't challenge it.

I said Willis for 120 yards, most late in the game. He had 117, most in the 2nd half.

I said MVP of the game would be Mike Schenk. Lindell was 5-5 on FG's. Maybe the problem was the long snapper and not Lindell.

Nobody should ever have to apologize for wrong predictions. Predictions are just a guess on what will actually happen. Nobody is always right and nobody is always wrong.

There was not one moment yesterday (at the Bills game, or watching the 2nd half of the Dallas game afterwards) where I wished the Bills still had Bledsoe.  Good for him if he plays well, but good riddance.

437624[/snapback]

There was a defining moment for me. I was watching the Losman interview on NFL Network, and flipped over to the Dallas game to see Bledsoe get sacked. Fortunately for him they hit his head and it drew a flag. I predict that Dallas will not make the playoffs, and Drew Bledsoe will remain one of the most sacked qb's in the game. If I am wrong I will gladly admit it. Drew had a good game and the Boys won. I am not a Bledsoe hater, but I am not sorry he's gone either. Antowain Smith won the Super Bowl after leaving Buffalo, would you have taken him back, even over Henry?

Honestly, me neither.  But if he's outplaying Losman...well, that doesn't say much for Losman, does it?

438120[/snapback]

Actually, I think that they have no relationship to each other.... Stats might make for interesting comparison for a while, but if the Bills win consistently, it will make no difference to me if Drew's rating is twice Losman's. Drew is a good man, and I am really sorry that it did not work out in Buffalo, but it was time for him to go. I won't pull for him because I hate the Cowboys, but I will not begrudge him his success. I do hope that within a few weeks we will all be so fixated on the Bills' winning that we will not have constant statistical comparisons between two qbs who play completely contrasting styles and thus cannot easily be compared... but that's just me.

Go Bills!