TSW Apology Board

Fake-Fat Sunny

Alright posters. Which of you are fan enough (or man enough since a lot of the whining about players this pre-season seemed fairly testotorone laced) to admit you were wrong in your complaints or predictions about players or Bills schemes.

I'm down here in DC and will not see the actual game until I get home and review the tape middle of this week. However, there seems to be from the game descriptions and a few posts I have read several players that some repetitive posters on TSW owe some props and/or apologies to after their performances yesterday.

You can ignore this opportunity if you choose (all Americans are given the right under the Constitution to be idiots if they choose as long as they do not hurt anyone). Since nothing on the web rises to the level of sticks and stones folks are not hurt by complaints anyway.

However, if folks want their future whines on TSW to be taken even half seriously they might want to take this opportunity to apologize for their predictions (we're DOOMED) being proven untrue yesterday.

I will start by giving some props to Losman. I had predicted we would run and then run again and totally rely on the run and conservative ball to make things work and not call/demand that JP perform. While no one should have a wetdream about this QB whose not good 3rd down and redzone production showed he still has some to learn, I do give him some props for the command he showed from the press reports that seems to indicate he may actually be a lot more vet as a performer than a rooke even though this is his first year starting.

I will say for sure after I see the tape, but other candidates for apologies (at least for this game though if folks see the error of their ways in terms of broader trends this notice will be appreciated) seem to be:

A. Lindell- It is probably a bit early to declare him a savior as a placekicker since his longest hit yesterday was 42 yards. However, 5 for 5 is 5 for 5 and he clearly was a difference maker scoring 16 points in a game we won by 15. You would think that from some of the rants this past few weeks that this stiff was out the door as he could do no right. However, this attitude has proved to be in terms of a broader view a non-football but popularity based summary as it ignores the outstanding work he does on kickoffs which he repeated yesterday as apparently the coverage team shut the opponent down. Add to this his 5 for 5 day added necessary gravy to make the mashed potatoes of the game not only palatable but downright savory. Lindell will need to prove it 15 more times this regular season but those who ranted about him loudly the last couple of weeks should be ranting good word about him somewhat as loudly this week. If not finr, but if he continues his performance it will certainly be legit for folks to resurrect some their past Lindell sucks post from the archives and demand that they eat a little crow.

B. Posey- he has been ragged on consistently by folks who said he took bad tackling angles, turned the wrong way or other problems (though these observations were never matched by folks also being able to claim this led to specific opponents scoring or even getting big yardage due to these supposed Posey errors). Yet, I have seen a few observations that he played very effectively and even like a man possessed on Sunday.

I'm curious how those who found shortcomings in Posey's game previously view his performance yesterday (c'mon you know who you are and you include some folks whose views I for one respect on a lot of issues). Perhaps they make a judgement that he FINALLY played like he should have played (though if he was somehow markedly difference in performance yesterday it does not explain how the D was just as productive last season as yesterday with Posey being so bad or why the Bills braintrust started hm 32 straight times in our previous D).

At any rate Posey seems to deserve some props or apologies after yesterday's game.

C. Fletcher- The badmouthing of Fletcher seems to have died down a bit this year, but there were certainly posters who advocated cutting him last year despite the fact he led the 2004 Bills in tackles, he played a critical and reliable role as a short return guy on ST last year, and he is a clear team leader who knows what is going on in the game almost all the time.

Fletcher once again led the team in tackles and I think recovered the ball after a Kelsay strip and there are some folks who owe him props or apologies as well.

I have not seen the game yet so there may be others that folks can name, but the apologies and duscussion can start here and i will repetively put up similar posts as I see things after wins this season and also will provide an opportunity to identify goats after some losses.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its week one, too early to call it either way. You had a good first week, enjoy it for what it was and hope for the best next week, but you cant forecast the season from the first game. Otherwise, it'd be Bills-Fins in the AFC Championship game.

It's just one game...That said, I will say the following with regards to previous predictions on my part:

* Losman will outgain Willis...well...I was right for about 1 quarter....Then Duke got on the field and Willis was able to run...Losman is much better than the preseason showed.

* The O-Line - the left side was not a problem at all - Gandy won't be confused with Jonathan Ogdan...but he's serviceable at a fair price.

* Play calling - Great and not gimicky as I thought they would be.

If they continue with the defensive play and the offense can continue to spread it around and punch it in the endzone with some frequency...I'll swap the bills for a wildcard in place of the Jets...

I'm eating crow...happily...

Gandy won't be confused with Jonathan Ogdan...

Jonathan Ogden got whipped over and over last night. That happens when you are going up against Freeney, so I don't have a problem with that. But getting whipped is one thing....getting rattled is another. And Ogden was clearly rattled and let that affect his play with false starts and blown assignments.

But nevertheless, you are right...Ogden is a great tackle. Just had a bad game last night.

I'd like to apologize to Drew Bledsoe...

Bledsoe: 143.4 rating, 18/24 for 226 yards and 3 TDs.

Losman: 89.9 rating, 17/28 for 170 yards and 1 TD.

Guy gets run out of town because "he" sucks...and now that he's got good pass protection, he's outplaying his golden-boy replacement. Looks like TD cut the wrong QB... :doh:

B. Posey- he has been ragged on consistently by folks who said he took bad tackling angles, turned the wrong way or other problems (though these observations were never matched by folks also being able to claim this led to specific opponents scoring or even getting big yardage due to these supposed Posey errors).  Yet, I have seen a few observations that he played very effectively and even like a man possessed on Sunday.

I'm curious how those who found shortcomings in Posey's game previously view his performance yesterday (c'mon you know who you are and you include some folks whose views I for one respect on a lot of issues). Perhaps they make a judgement that he FINALLY played like he should have played (though if he was somehow markedly difference in performance yesterday it does not explain how the D was just as productive last season as yesterday with Posey being so bad or why the Bills braintrust started hm 32 straight times in our previous D).

At any rate Posey seems to deserve some props or apologies after yesterday's game.

437569[/snapback]

I've been on and off the Posey bandwagon a few times, but what I keep coming back to is that in 2003(?) we held the Indy Colts/Manning in check until Posey was injured. I think he is more valuable to our D than we realize. He doesn't make big plays and that's what we want. Alongside Spikes & Fletch, Posey doesn't seem to make any big plays. I think his consistency is what we're missing in evaluating him. There was a reason he was the first FA signing that year.

...and now that he's got good pass protection, he's outplaying his golden-boy replacement.  Looks like TD cut the wrong QB...  :doh:

437613[/snapback]

There was not one moment yesterday (at the Bills game, or watching the 2nd half of the Dallas game afterwards) where I wished the Bills still had Bledsoe. Good for him if he plays well, but good riddance.

I'd like to apologize to the Texans. It could be argued that if they were reading this board over the past few weeks, it would seem as though there was a lot of doubt as to whether our team was really any good. Even the strongest part of our team - our ominous defense - was seen in an ambiguous light by many of the posters here. So I'd like to apologize to those Texans players who may have read this board and had absolutely no clue whatsoever about the absolute ASS KICKING that awaited them at the Ralph yesterday. I wish them Godspeed in the healing process, both physical and mental.....

Its week one, too early to call it either way. You had a good first week, enjoy it for what it was and hope for the best next week, but you cant forecast the season from the first game. Otherwise, it'd be Bills-Fins in the AFC Championship game.

437591[/snapback]

Yep its just one game. Lets see what happen next week. Still an excellent post started.

Alright posters.  Which of you are fan enough (or man enough since a lot of the whining about players this pre-season seemed fairly testotorone laced) to admit you were wrong in your complaints or predictions about players or Bills schemes.

437569[/snapback]

I'm a bit more concerned about your self-appointment as Father Confessor... :doh:

This is quite a cheek you espouse, saying that other's opinions have to pass your personal filter.

Your "Fan enough...Man enough" are historical mob and gang rallying points.

Edited by stuckincincy

Lindell Sucks, he'll have to go 30/30 with all of them over 40 yards for me to take that back.

437588[/snapback]

A kicker can VASTLY improve in only 1 offseason. I wonder if Lindell did this.

The infamous Mike Nugent... well, I remember when he was a Freshman... and SUCKED!!! Every time there was an extra point, I would hold my breath as a Buckeye fan. 1 offseason later, and he was the best in college football.

Does this transfer over to NFL... absolutely. I remember watching a rookie (or he possibly might have been second year), and laughing at this kicker because he was so poor. It was a joy for me to watch him miss kick after kick.... and that rotten kicker's name is... Adam Viniateri. He improved!

I HOPE... that Lindell has done the same thing.