How do you beat a team...

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - with all the tumult in the last 9 months, I knew I could come back here and it would be like nothing has changed.

Death, taxes and complaining about how the Pats got lucky, paid off the refs, cheated, etc... This has been very refreshing.

Good luck this year - as a Tulane grad, I want nothing but success for JP Losman.

You've officially lost all credibility as a Pats fan who sees things objectively from time to time.

434735[/snapback]

He lost it last night when he claimed that he never saw the ball hit the ground on that "catch" just before halftime.

or the amount of non calls on the patriots oline for blatant offensive holding. Brady is a good quaterback there's no denying that, but the amount of times that oline gets away with holding giving him eons to throw is just assinine

434512[/snapback]

I was wondering in the entire game was a single offensive hold called on the OL of NE? Just amazes me how on the CD TD that the blocker on outside had looked like he made a great block but in replay clearly showed that hands werent just under the shoulder pads but guy had a fist full of jersey in each. As they showed replay Madden was spouting off about what a great block it was and ignored the handful of jersey.

I think the Pats D adjusted well in the 2nd half....I was disappointed that

Turner did not Run Jordan more often in the 2nd half...thereby playing right

into the hands of the Patriots....All they had to do was cover Moss and the

rest was history....Turner coached sort of a Gilbride in the 2nd half...Instead

of mixing things up....

And the Raiders D really stinks.....So many 3rd and longs and Brady was

completing them without any problems.

I agree, it had nothing to do with the refs.  Moss is simply pathetic to watch sometimes.  The play where he drew the offensive interference call in the endzone was a pathetic effort against a small CB.  He basically didn't even try.

Moss is sickening to watch sometimes.

434687[/snapback]

Prior to that, there was a play where Moss was interfered with in the end zone by Punk-ass Harrison, and after the play, Harrison got all up in the refs face about why he didn't throw a flag... on Moss! (P.S. it's ok to browbeat a ref on national TV if you play for New England. If that was London Fletcher, 15 yards for sure). I guess RM figured, you want offensive PI? Here, I'll give you some.

It must be great to be a New England Patriot knowing that the refs will always give you an extra first down or save a touchdown with some horrendous flag out of nowhere.  How many penalties were on Oakland in the second half?  How many of them looked like total made up BS? 

All Assante Samuels has to do is give 'em the "what did I do?" look and the PI flag goes on Moss.

PTR

434507[/snapback]

What about the BS hands in the face penalty called against the Pats in the first quarter that led to the Raiders first score......guess that one doesn't count. :unsure:

By the way, when an WR grabs a handful of jersey a pulls down a DB who is trying to make a play on the ball. It is a penalty.

i forgot about that. COMPLETLY TRUE.

the ref said, "forarm to the head, when the player was on the ground". but the WR JSUT caught the ball, and was simply tackled by the defender.

harrison's ST tackle was INSAIN. i expect a fine.

434644[/snapback]

I thought that play by Harrison should have drawn a flag. Unnecessary roughness, personal foul, clothesline play.

or the amount of non calls on the patriots oline for blatant offensive holding. Brady is a good quaterback there's no denying that, but the amount of times that oline gets away with holding giving him eons to throw is just assinine

434512[/snapback]

are you kidding me??? that raider o-line did more holding in that one game last night then the pats did in all of last year combined. especially robert gallery that overrated sloth. it happened more times then i can remember last night. and dont get me started on the raider receivers giving little bumps and pushoffs last night on nearly every pass attempt..but of course jealous bitter fans will see what they wanna see and say what they wanna here. (well,like you).

I was wondering in the entire game was a single offensive hold called on the OL of NE?  Just amazes me how on the CD TD that the blocker on outside had looked like he made a great block but in replay clearly showed that hands werent just under the shoulder pads but guy had a fist full of jersey in each.    As they showed replay Madden was spouting off about what a great block it was and ignored the handful of jersey.

434757[/snapback]

they won't call holding on anyone as long as he keeps his hands inside the shoulder of the defender. the pats who looked like they were holding did exactly that.

I know facts get in the way when it comes to whining about the Patriots but here's a fact, the most penalized team in the NFL is? The Oakland Raiders.

But I guess its easier to just claim that the refs are in New England's pockets. Whatever works for as you start preparing your excuses for when the Pats whip up on the Bills another 2 times this year.

You've officially lost all credibility as a Pats fan who sees things objectively from time to time.

Take another look at the play. You can't even SEE SAMUEL'S NUMBER at one point because Moss is pulling so hard on his jersey.

As for credibility, you lost it all with me when you TWICE dodged my rebuttals to your falsehoods about Brady's postseason end zone INTs.

If someone could post a screencap of the ball hitting the ground, it'd be much appreciated.  I'm not seeing it, but maybe you guys could point it out for me.

435097[/snapback]

I think Fez offered to make you a DVD.

Check that. A WMV file, I mean.

If someone could post a screencap of the ball hitting the ground, it'd be much appreciated.  I'm not seeing it, but maybe you guys could point it out for me.

435097[/snapback]

The way I saw it the ball did contact the ground but at that time it was secured between his hands... Thus the recent "Tampa Bay game" rule would go into effect.

The way I saw it the ball did contact the ground but at that time it was secured between his hands... Thus the recent "Tampa Bay game" rule would go into effect.

435109[/snapback]

If the ball moves when it hits the ground, it's no catch, right? Because that ball definitely moved, whether it was secured in his hands before hitting the ground or not.