Is Dorenbos gone? Yes he is...

Albany,n.y.

I think it's a lot easier though, and surely Moorman benefitted from the hard, quick, accurate snaps from Dorenbos. It's a small but very important element of both kicking and punting. You need to have a reliable one, and surely it would be good if a player did something else (like, say, if Preston was able to do it) but a good reliable guy like Schneck apparently is to do both is nice to have.

431293[/snapback]

The B'gals long snapper is Brad St. Louis. He's listed as a TE but in his six years he's never been on the offensive field save kicks. He's relaible with the snaps, on fg's and punts. - in fact has 20 something tackles on ST. That's not much I know, but the job of the snapper is to do whatever to block for the punter. Getting a tackle is gravy.

I'd be careful in ash-canning a good snapper.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The B'gals long snapper is Brad St. Louis. He's listed as a TE but in his six years he's never been on the offensive field save kicks. He's relaible with the snaps, on fg's and punts. - in fact has 20 something tackles on ST. That's not much I know, but the job of the snapper is to do whatever to block for the punter. Getting a tackle is gravy.

I'd be careful in ash-canning a good snapper.

431309[/snapback]

For a better one? That does both?

I don't mind the move, and maybe in order to ensure that he is here for the next few years we had to sign him otherwise somebody else would have, but i wonder about the fact that he has no time to build chemistry with moorman or the holder in the next week. It may not matter, but if i see a punt snap that goes to high or too low, or through moorman's fingers, i will really be bothered by this.

That being said, i wonder if moorman was given a say on this roster move. Think TD and MM said, "We have a chance to get this guy, do you think it will make an impact on you in a negative way?"

For a better one? That does both?

431317[/snapback]

Pardon us dolts who could never arrive at that wisdom without your guidance. ;):doh:

My point was, before you make a change in this critical area, be quite sure the replacement can do job #1 first.

Especially for the Bills organization, who it pains me to say has not been one of the sharpest pencils in the box for a number of years.

Pardon us dolts who could never arrive at that wisdom without your guidance. ;)  :doh:

My point was, before you make a change in this critical area, be quite sure the replacement can do job #1 first.

Especially for the Bills organization, who it pains me to say has not been one of the sharpest pencils in the box for a number of years.

431332[/snapback]

Well, I think that's why they were trying Duke at LS during the pre-season. They seem to be grooming him as the "center of the future," and knew he was going to make the roster. If they could have had success with him long-snapping that saves a roster spot. Guess it didn't work out...

Oh, well, if he doesn't catch on in the NFL will Dorenbos be the only player in the modern big-$$$ NFL to to jump from the NFL into a higher-paying gig? At least he got to play the game. Sorry to see him go, but that's business.

apparently schneck has the best magic trick of all -- he made dorenbos disappear.

truthfully, i wish dorenbos all the best. he has an amazing life story and has proven himself to be an incredible human being. i get the feeling that he will do just fine without an NFL job.

best of luck, jon.

Who the heck is Schneck, and does anybody know more about him... is he a stud field goal snapper to go with France our hopeful new kicker.

431202[/snapback]

My guess is he's someone TD signed or drafted before and therefor must be better than anyone else.

First Haddad, now Dorenbos... oh the humanity of it all! ;)

Look at the bright side, you've still got Leonhard. :doh:

431469[/snapback]

Spoke too soon my friend...from bb.com

Bills release Leonhard

Buffalobills.com

09/06/2005 8:55 PM

Orchard Park, NY – The Bills announced that the team has waived S Jim Leonhard.

An undrafted free agent out of Wisconsin in 2005, Leonhard originally made the team after the final roster cutdown on Sept. 03 2005. However, Leonhard was caught earlier this evening peeing into Bills President/GM Tom Donahoe's personal hot tub and immediately removed from the premises...

Spoke too soon my friend...from bb.com

Bills release Leonhard

Buffalobills.com

09/06/2005 8:55 PM

Orchard Park, NY – The Bills announced that the team has waived S Jim Leonhard.

An undrafted free agent out of Wisconsin in 2005, Leonhard originally made the team after the final roster cutdown on Sept. 03 2005.  However, Leonhard was caught earlier this evening peeing into Bills President/GM Tom Donahoe's personal hot tub and immediately removed from the premises...

431513[/snapback]

Nice.. almost got me there. :doh: