What the heck is 'Retatta'?

Peace Frog

It's a regional pasta dish. Served as a side with lamb.

429273[/snapback]

Side dish with lamb!!! What the fu......! Ok, time for a cooking class. Lamb, Jesus H. Christ Paul. If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times Retatta should be served with...................damn, I can't think of anything that crap would go with.

The people in New Orleans were sick of MREs and wanted a hot meal. So the federal government gave them Retatta!!!  Only problem is it takes an hour to prepare.

429331[/snapback]

But... At below sea level... It should have been faster to prepare!

Zing!!!!!!

Lets all give ourselves a pat on the back... Those poor saps down don't even know it takes less time to prepare!

Side dish with lamb!!!  What the fu......!  Ok, time for a cooking class.  Lamb, Jesus H. Christ Paul.  If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times Retatta should be served with...................damn, I can't think of anything that crap would go with.

430183[/snapback]

C'mon.

Pour it over French toast with a pinch of cayanne and cocao powder and then top it with sausage gravy and shredded yellow cheese, adding a pinch of paprika and dried parsley with a crowning dollop of sour cream and a spritz of water. It COULD be a BIG seller.

Think Garbage Plate II...

<_<

Side dish with lamb!!!  What the fu......!  Ok, time for a cooking class.  Lamb, Jesus H. Christ Paul.  If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times Retatta should be served with...................damn, I can't think of anything that crap would go with.

430183[/snapback]

Why would you know? You don't know sh-- about cooking. You don't even know that it's impossible to cook pasta in less than 20 minutes... :D

Why would you know?  You don't know sh-- about cooking.  You don't even know that it's impossible to cook pasta in less than 20 minutes...  :D

430246[/snapback]

sh-- man, it just takes 20 minutes to boil the water. Another 30 to cook the pasta, then 10 minutes to strain.