What the heck is 'Retatta'?

Peace Frog

sh-- man, it just takes 20 minutes to boil the water.  Another 30 to cook the pasta, then 10 minutes to strain.

430249[/snapback]

Ten minutes to strain?? I said it in the orignal thread to BF and I'll say it again. What the !@#$ are you doing, sucking the water out of each individual piece of pasta??

Uh-oh, here we go again. I think I just started another 40 page monster.

Ten minutes to strain??  I said it in the orignal thread to BF and I'll say it again.  What the !@#$ are you doing, sucking the water out of each individual piece of pasta?? 

Uh-oh, here we go again.  I think I just started another 40 page monster.

430255[/snapback]

I was being sarcastic. :D

Well dammit, use one of those sarcastic smilie thingies.  How the hell am I supposed to figure that out.  :D

430263[/snapback]

Juicing the pickles for the retatta could take a good ten minutes. And of course you don't start the water for the pasta until you're sure you have enough pickle juice. Otherwise you end up looking around for more pickles. In order to best prepare, you'll probably want to make some trial runs

Juicing the pickles  for the retatta could take a good ten minutes.  And of course you don't start the water for the pasta until you're sure you have enough pickle juice.  Otherwise you end up looking around for more pickles.  In order to best prepare, you'll probably want to make some trial runs

430274[/snapback]

Could you save 10 minutes if you boiled the noodles in the pickle juice? Or would that just be wrong?

Dave.

Boiling in the pickle juice doesn't give it that special flavor that makes retatta a delicacy.

430282[/snapback]

And because of the diluted effect you need to juice three times as many pickles. Unless you have an automatic pickle juicer it's really impractical.

You mean it doesn't take you guys three hours to make Kraft Macaroni & Cheese? My God, everytime I decide to fire up the Kraft, it's like friggin Thanksgiving. All the preparation work, followed by the boiling, the straining, the mixing...that is a tough dish.

And don't even talk to me about Kraft Cheesier Macaroni. Sometimes it's not even worth it.