The Official "Syracuse Stinks" thread

:huh:

Is anyone watchimg the game?  This is just awful the way Syracuse is playing.  There defense is decent but there offense is by far the worst thing I have ever seen in my life! YUCK!

429211[/snapback]

Oh I'm not so sure about that. I've heard the Bills offense is the worst thing since unsliced bread. But then again I get all my Bills updates from The Wall.

this has been quite possibly the most boring game i have ever seen. defenses haven't even been that good. lack of yardage and poeints has been poor execution and playcalling - for both teams. SU was EXTREMELY fortunate that WVU had slippery hands today and almost fumbled the game away.

the most telling stat of the day: there was not ONE single third down converted until the fourth quarter started - for EITHER team. YIKES! ugly ugly ugly football....and this is coming from a fan a defensive minded football. wow. just wow

Is anyone watchimg the game?  This is just awful the way Syracuse is playing.  There defense is decent but there offense is by far the worst thing I have ever seen in my life! YUCK!

429211[/snapback]

C'mon now. Don't say that just yet. It's been one game. My brother-in-law is one of the new coaches. So I may be a little more forgiving.

I agree, they did look ugly today. But with new coaches and a new system, it always takes a little getting used to. Especially by players who were recruited for a different system. And they did just lose their best WR less than a week before the season started.

The defence looked pretty good (caused 5 turnovers) and will keep them in games until the O can catch up.

This was the lock of the year. I'm kicking myself for not putting $ down on it. SU has a long way to go to get back to repectability. They have exactly zero playmakers on offense. They will beat UB with defense and special teams alone. I was leary about placing the bet because I actually thought Robinson could actually make a difference and give them some hope. I should have known better. :huh:

From the college football board:

I liked the defense - even though they could not tackle worth a damn in the first quarter. Wyche will be a monster this year at DE.

But Patterson looked terrible at QB! I don't think he attempted a pass over 15 yds until the INT on the go route late in the third. It seems as though he is scared to go long because he is still learning the west coast offense. Moreover, his throws were all over the place.

The offense has a long way to go. I think the two starting WR's had 4 catches between them last season.

new coach, new administration, new everything. the defence kicked serious ass, we have a weakness at qb. the cuse will be back, just not overnite!!!!

429211[/snapback]

new coach, new administration, new everything.  the defence kicked serious ass, we have  a weakness at qb.  the cuse will be back, just not overnite!!!!

430143[/snapback]

Weakness at QB is very kind. Perry performed like he had cinderblocks tied to his feet. SU's QB of the future is probably starting 10th grade.

Well, the offence wasn't potent, but at least it was offensive. I don't know which was worse, the utter lack of imagination in play calling or the complete lack of execution by the players. I think part of the problem was a complete overhaul of the offensive system using players recruited to play the old system. It just plain didn't work.

The good news is Syracuse plays UB this week, but then again Jim Hoffer's crew might must have seen the Syracuse game and is drooling of the chance to beat a big name college program in a moment of weakness.