Per the AP Press: BREAKING NEWS

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the 100th time I posted this- I bike 30+ miles per day and never drive my car.  It must suck to have to wait in line at the pump and it must really suck to pay $3.00+ for gas- I wouldnt know

427231[/snapback]

Good for you, most of us do not have that option, plain and simple. Plus, I ain't bitchin cause it would be too hard for me to have a bud and a smoke on my way from work on a stinkin bike

Even at $4/gallon, gas is a hell of a lot cheaper than realistic alternative energy sources. Many other things are still pie in the sky, and until the oil is completely depleted, you can B word about it all you want, but it is still the cheapest source of energy & plastics.

And yeah, if you buy a car that gets 10MPG, it's not Detroit's fault for your purchase decision. You rolled the dice that there wouldn't be price hikes during your car's life span.

As to the safety of SUV's, please. If people drove SUV like they should be driven (ie trucks not cars) you wouldn't have to worry about the relative safety of SUVs vs small cars.

i'd just like to send out a hearty :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: to all you gas guzzling SUV drivers, filling up your 28 gallon tanks twice as often as I have to fill up my 14 gallon Cavalier

does driving an SUV really compensate your ego for having such a small penis?

427198[/snapback]

Does driving a POS like a Cavalier mean that you have a big penis? You can use it instead of your thumb to hitchhike when your car breaks down. :P

E

And yeah, if you buy a car that gets 10MPG, it's not Detroit's fault for your purchase decision.  You rolled the dice that there wouldn't be price hikes during your car's life span. 

As to the safety of SUV's, please.  If people drove SUV like they should be driven (ie trucks not cars) you wouldn't have to worry about the relative safety of SUVs vs small cars.

427234[/snapback]

Excellant points, and I do agree with both of them

Still, it's kind of ridiculous that people that drive Excursions b!tch about the cost of gas.

You bought the damn thing, live with it.

427215[/snapback]

It's probably a matter of semantics, but I really don't mind people b!tchin' about the price of gas per gallon because it is pretty high these days. What gets me is when people driving a big vehicle (car, pick up, or SUV) start whining about their gas mileage or that they had to fill up twice in 3 days. Now that drives me nuts.

Does driving a POS like a Cavalier mean that you have a big penis?

427237[/snapback]

Big, no. But not small either. And I don't feel the need to show the world how big I am by driving around an oversized station wagon

You can use it instead of your thumb to hitchhike when your car breaks down.  :w00t:mean that you have a big penis?

427237[/snapback]

my 98 Cavalier has outlived quite a few SUVs, and she's still got a couple good years left :P

It's probably a matter of semantics, but I really don't mind people b!tchin' about the price of gas per gallon because it is pretty high these days.  What gets me is when people driving a big vehicle (car, pick up, or SUV) start whining about their gas mileage or that they had to fill up twice in 3 days.  Now that drives me nuts.

427255[/snapback]

Yeah, gotcha.

:P

This is the 100th time I posted this- I bike 30+ miles per day and never drive my car.  It must suck to have to wait in line at the pump and it must really suck to pay $3.00+ for gas- I wouldnt know

427231[/snapback]

Oh, it does suck, but not as bad as taking 2 hours to travel 30 miles. :P

i'd just like to send out a hearty :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: to all you gas guzzling SUV drivers, filling up your 28 gallon tanks twice as often as I have to fill up my 14 gallon Cavalier

427198[/snapback]

I actually have 2 vehicles

I drive a Ford Ranger Pickup

Wife and Kids in a Mitzubishi Montero Sport SUV

Beleive it or not....they use almost the same gas. (Of course I commute but...)

427198[/snapback]

Don't be gay. You have islamic terrorists blowing up people riding trains and holding little kids hostage before they kill them, and people shooting at hospital workers and raping women infront of their kids, and some how some one who drives an SUV it the biggest evil monster in the world.

Again, don't be gay.

427231[/snapback]

You know what must really suck? Smelling your nasty, sweating body odor over the cubicle wall all day.

You bikers are so !@#$ing holier-than-thou it's !@#$ing pathetic.

Last company I worked at, the owner would ride 25 miles every day after work. He's an old, crotchety dude who at least has a good sense of humor. One day he comes outside where a few of us are smoking, and he starts in on us as he typically liked to do. He finally says to me, "I'm going to do something tonight you won't possibly be able to do. I'm going to ride my bike 25 miles tonight. You could never do that."

My response...with God as my witness..."And I'm going to do something tonight you could never do. I'm going to grab a pack of smokes, bottle of tequila, case of beer, and I'm inviting an old girlfriend over to my house so we can sit around and get drunk while we have freaky sex in every room in the house."

Bikers. Get over yourselves. You're like second from the bottom of the tree huggers evolution map...somewhere between people who ride Harleys and people who ride Segways.

And stay on the freakin' sidewalk, wouldcha? And if you're gonna drive on the freakin' street, obey the freakin' rules.

Big, no.  But not small either.  And I don't feel the need to show the world how big I am by driving around an oversized station wagon

my 98 Cavalier has outlived quite a few SUVs, and she's still got a couple good years left :P

Knocking on wood w/fingers crossed......

What SUV's has it out-lived, OJ's slow, white Bronco and John Elway?

You know what must really suck? Smelling your nasty, sweating body odor over the cubicle wall all day.

You bikers are so !@#$ing holier-than-thou it's !@#$ing pathetic.

Last company I worked at, the owner would ride 25 miles every day after work. He's an old, crotchety dude who at least has a good sense of humor. One day he comes outside where a few of us are smoking, and he starts in on us as he typically liked to do. He finally says to me, "I'm going to do something tonight you won't possibly be able to do. I'm going to ride my bike 25 miles tonight. You could never do that."

My response...with God as my witness..."And I'm going to do something tonight you could never do. I'm going to grab a pack of smokes, bottle of tequila, case of beer, and I'm inviting an old girlfriend over to my house so we can sit around and get drunk while we have freaky sex in every room in the house."

Bikers. Get over yourselves. You're like second from the bottom of the tree huggers evolution map...somewhere between people who ride Harleys and people who ride Segways.

And stay on the freakin' sidewalk, wouldcha? And if you're gonna drive on the freakin' street, obey the freakin' rules.

427307[/snapback]

:P:doh::doh: thanks for that, LA.