• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

BREAKING NEWS

Updated: 1:35 p.m. ET Sept. 2, 2005

NEW ORLEANS - A huge oil spill was spotted near two storage tanks on the Mississippi River downstream from New Orleans, state officials said Friday.

The oil was seen in a flyover to the Venice area by the Department of Environmental Quality.

“Two tanks with the capacity of holding 2 million barrels appear to be leaking,” the department said in a statement.

BREAKING NEWS

Updated: 1:35 p.m. ET Sept. 2, 2005

NEW ORLEANS - A huge oil spill was spotted near two storage tanks on the Mississippi River downstream from New Orleans, state officials said Friday.

The oil was seen in a flyover to the Venice area by the Department of Environmental Quality.

“Two tanks with the capacity of holding 2 million barrels appear to be leaking,” the department said in a statement.

427141[/snapback]

Very appropriate avatar sadly

very true, i've already seen $3.19 in some places here.

When I bought my car in 1999, gas was $0.90 a gallon.  Its gone up more than that since july alone

427153[/snapback]

My wife wrote me and said that it was 3.01 yesterday morning when she went to work and when she came home it was 3.89.... A jump of .88 in less than a day... :P

A long line for 2.99 a gallon.

Check this line out

427190[/snapback]

i'd just like to send out a hearty :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: to all you gas guzzling SUV drivers, filling up your 28 gallon tanks twice as often as I have to fill up my 14 gallon Cavalier

does driving an SUV really compensate your ego for having such a small penis?

i'd just like to send out a hearty :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: to all you gas guzzling SUV drivers, filling up your 28 gallon tanks twice as often as I have to fill up my 14 gallon Cavalier

does driving an SUV really compensate your ego for having such a small penis?

427198[/snapback]

I drive a Jeep Wrangler, so I'm not sure if you consider that an SUV or not, but why the hostility toward the consumers? Why not blame Detroit for making them? Or better yet, the fed gov't for not following up on the plan for stricter fuel economy requirements for new vehicles?

427198[/snapback]

Your welcome, and as a bonus i got two, one with a 8 cyl.

I drive a Jeep Wrangler, so I'm not sure if you consider that an SUV or not, but why the hostility toward the consumers?  Why not blame Detroit for making them?  Or better yet, the fed gov't for not following up on the plan for stricter fuel economy requirements for new vehicles?

427203[/snapback]

P-E-R-S-O-N-A-L R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-I-L-I-T-Y

P-E-R-S-O-N-A-L  R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-I-L-I-T-Y

427208[/snapback]

I guess my attitude is that if a person wants to pay for a Hummer, is willing to pay to put gas in them, then what difference does it make?

Going after SUVs seems kind of Hot Pocket-ish to me. Perhaps we should burn all of the SUVs and go back to driving lead sleds - like the old '73 Impala with a 427 that I drove while in college. My point being is that people who choose to buy SUVs are hardly the problem, but they (we?) seem to make pretty convenient targets.

I guess my attitude is that if a person wants to pay for a Hummer, is willing to pay to put gas in them, then what difference does it make?

Going after SUVs seems kind of Hot Pocket-ish to me.  Perhaps we should burn all of the SUVs and go back to driving lead sleds - like the old '73 Impala with a 427 that I drove while in college.  My point being is that people who choose to buy SUVs are hardly the problem, but they (we?) seem to make pretty convenient targets.

427214[/snapback]

Still, it's kind of ridiculous that people that drive Excursions b!tch about the cost of gas.

You bought the damn thing, live with it.

P-E-R-S-O-N-A-L  R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-I-L-I-T-Y

427208[/snapback]

What?????, for buying a car? The first post was crazy, blaming SUV drivers for this mess some how. Tell ya what, it is all about me as SUVs and larger vehicles are proven safer(if driven correctly) than small cars. Call me selfish all ya want, but my kids are riding in whats safer

why the hostility toward the consumers?  Why not blame Detroit for making them?

427203[/snapback]

I don't blame Detroit anymore than I blame Smith and Wesson for gun violence or Phillip Morris for lung cancer. They're just giving the consumers what they want.

Or better yet, the fed gov't for not following up on the plan for stricter fuel economy requirements for new vehicles?

427203[/snapback]

if you've read a few of my PPP posts, you'll see i'm not one of those people who sees a problem and immediately blames Bush/Clinton/Bush/Reagan/Carter or anyone in the government. Its our own damn fault for being so dependant on oil (well, SUV drivers moreso)

The only thing I can fault the government for is not pursuing alternative forms of energy