(OT)NewOrleans has no one to blame but...

DeeRay

I've been quiet as long as I can be, but when I heard the mayor of NO go off on the Feds, well, that set me off.

First of all, Mr. Mayor of NO, and Gov. of La.... Where the hell was your disaster preparedness program to begin with? Why do you blame the Feds? Do you expect them to keep a vigil on your stinky, filthy, city every minute of of every day? You expect them to have a disaster plan for you? What the hell is your responsibility? Let me see if I understand this. Your town is on the gulf coast, below sea level and you've got no plan for a disastrous flood occurence? No boats? no choppers? no amphibious vehicles? No plan to house cops, firemen and have them ready to roll? What the F*#k are you thinking? You must be extremely proud of the lawfulness of many of your citizens Mr. Mayor... shooting at rescue teams, helicoptors.... high jacking cars trying to bring aid to them. Oh yeah, I can see why you need the Feds... cuz you and your lazy ass cronies couldn't manage for just a couple of days til the Feds got there. Where was your La. National guard. Where was your Civil Defense teams. As a taxpayer, I'd be real upset at the thought of this city (on the coact and below sea level) being rebuilt, only to have the keys handed over to lazy do nothing, whiney ass folks like you. You could learn a good lesson fronm the folks in Mississippi, who got hit harder than you did. they're not whining... they're tending to their loved ones, picking up the pieces and moving on with their lives... just like the folks in Homestead, Fla and the Tsunami victims. They're not blaming people for doing what you should have been prepared for.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I agree. I was in south florida last year when we were devistated by back to back hurricanes. It was awful. We stayed for the first one and left for nc for the second. I think residents in the danger zones of hurricanes become complacent of the impeding danger. We were without power for a month-no water for the same amout of time. 95 degree weather. Our house was an island for about a week, could not come or go. Where was cnn then? Fema is a farce. Red cross the same. Yes FEMA and the red cross help but not nearly fast enough or timely enough to be a great benefit in the short term.

I'll repost this. Many of the locals ARE the problem right now.

Then there's this......

Police outnumbered and outgunned

Overnight, police snipers were stationed on the roof of their precinct, trying to protect it from gunmen roaming through the city, CNN's Chris Lawrence reported.

One New Orleans police sergeant compared the situation to Somalia and said officers were outnumbered and outgunned by gangs in trucks.

"It's a war zone, and they're not treating it like one," he said, referring to the federal government. (Watch the video report on explosions and gunfire -- 2:12)

The officer hitched a ride to Baton Rouge Friday morning, after working 60 hours straight in the flooded city. He has not decided whether he will return.

He broke down in tears when he described the deaths of his fellow officers, saying many had drowned doing their jobs. Other officers have turned in their badges as the situation continues to deteriorate.

In one incident, the sergeant said gunmen fired rifles and AK-47s at the helicopters flying overhead.

He said he saw bodies riddled with bullet holes, and the top of one man's head completely shot off.

Lt. Gen Steven Blum of the National Guard said that as many as 2,600 National Guard troops were expected to arrive in Louisiana Friday to join the nearly 2,000 who went in Thursday.

You could learn a good lesson fronm the folks in Mississippi, who got hit harder than you did.

427097[/snapback]

Is that right? Did they have to completely evacuate a city of 469,000 people that sits below sea level and is one of the nation's most important commercial ports?

Biloxi has 48,000 people. Gulfport, 71,000. Maybe Katrina hit them more directly than it did New Orleans, but I hope you're not saying that it had a bigger impact on them than it did on N.O.

Is that right?  Did they have to completely evacuate a city of 469,000 people that sits below sea level and is one of the nation's most important commercial ports?

Biloxi has 48,000 people.  Gulfport, 71,000.  Maybe Katrina hit them more directly than it did New Orleans, but I hope you're not saying that it had a bigger impact on them than it did on N.O.

427131[/snapback]

No but I think his point is how they deal with the event itself. They did issue an evacuation prior to the storm.

DeeRay - You may have noticed that New Orleans is underwater and you cannot drive in or out of town for the most part. In the other places the hurricane hit, it ripped sh*t apart, but there is not much flooding and most roads are open. Big difference.

Deeray,

This is called a National Disaster.

Thank you

427133[/snapback]

Amen. Finally a voice of reason amidst the stupidity.

Maybe people will blame the NO sewer department for their toilets not flushing!

They should have prepared for that too I guess? Flushing toilets is not the Feds responsibility either. DUH!

Wow.  I love the Bills, I like talking football.  But it's really hard to respect some people on this board.

It's a friggin NATIONAL disaster.  While you're at it why don't you blame the people in Tower 2 for not evacuating before the second plane hit.

427178[/snapback]

Imagine Hurricane Andrew, a Biblical flood, and the L.A. Riots all rolled into one and squared. That's approximately what's going on in New Orleans right now.

But Harry Connick jr. says they are all good people in His City.

427132[/snapback]

Interestingly, I say the same thing about Buffalo knowing full well that Buffalo, Erie County, and WNY has their fair share of two-legged turds.

Wow.  I love the Bills, I like talking football.  But it's really hard to respect some people on this board.

It's a friggin NATIONAL disaster.  While you're at it why don't you blame the people in Tower 2 for not evacuating before the second plane hit.

427178[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more

Where was your La. National guard.
Um, most of them are probably fighting Bush's war in Iraq.

Why do you blame the Feds?
Because this is a national disaster, thus, the feds are primarily responsible for acting on it. This is not something that will just affect the people of NO. We'll all pay for it in the long run.

Your town is on the gulf coast, below sea level and you've got no plan for a disastrous flood occurence? No boats? no choppers? no amphibious vehicles?

Um, didn't the president have notice that hijackers were planning on using planes to attack us yet he had no plan in place to deal with it?

cuz you and your lazy ass cronies couldn't manage for just a couple of days til the Feds got there. 

Lazy ass? Wasn't the president on vacation when this went down? Why did he wait until Wednesday to decide to cut his vay-cay short?

There are so many things wrong with what you've said. I've pointed out a few. Get it together dude.

427178[/snapback]

People are dying and all the right-wingers on this board can do is wag their fingers at the dying. FYI: The federal government is the one who cut the funds to repair those levees. Someone please move this crap to the PPP board where it belongs!

PTR

People are dying and all the right-wingers on this board can do is wag their fingers at the dying.  FYI: The federal government is the one who cut the funds to repair those levees.  Someone please move this crap to the PPP board where it belongs!

PTR

427253[/snapback]

For the millionth time, the levee that broke was not in need of repair and there were no plans to upgrade it.

It was a design problem, not a funding problem.

I've been quiet as long as I can be, but when I heard the mayor of NO go off on the Feds, well, that set me off.

First of all, Mr. Mayor of NO, and Gov. of La.... Where the hell was your disaster preparedness program to begin with?  Why do you blame the Feds?  Do you expect them to keep a vigil on your stinky, filthy, city every minute of of every day?  You expect them to have a disaster plan for you?  What the hell is your responsibility?  Let me see if I understand this.  Your town is  on the gulf coast, below sea level and you've got no plan for a disastrous flood occurence?  No boats? no choppers? no amphibious vehicles?  No plan to house cops, firemen and have them ready to roll?  What the F*#k are you thinking?  You must be extremely proud of the lawfulness of many of your citizens Mr. Mayor... shooting at rescue teams, helicoptors.... high jacking cars trying to bring aid to them.  Oh yeah, I can see why you need the Feds... cuz you and your lazy ass cronies couldn't manage for just a couple of days til the Feds got there.  Where was your La. National guard.  Where was your Civil Defense teams.  As a taxpayer, I'd be real upset at the thought of this city (on the coact and below sea level) being rebuilt, only to have the keys handed over to lazy do nothing, whiney ass folks like you.  You could learn a good lesson fronm the folks in Mississippi, who got hit harder than you did.  they're not whining... they're tending to their loved ones, picking up the pieces and moving on with their lives... just like the folks in Homestead, Fla and the Tsunami victims.  They're not blaming people for doing what you should have been prepared for.

427097[/snapback]

DeeRay, you shot your wad when you made it very clear that you hate New Orleans, to begin with. So much for objective commentary.

427178[/snapback]

Well, at least there were no reports of our New York firefighers laying down their badges like the NO cops.

Imagine Hurricane Andrew, a Biblical flood, and the L.A. Riots all rolled into one and squared.  That's approximately what's going on in New Orleans right now.

427192[/snapback]

And that's why its not being instantly fixed...

This disaster is like 300000x bigger than 9/11. If you'll recall, the WTC was on fire for like a week and a half and people were wondering if they were doing everything they could. At least a manditory evac was given to the citizens of the affected areas of katrina. I think that a filled up superdome was a pretty damn good start for these refugees after the abandon ship command was given. This rescue effort will take time, but the survivors knowingly or unknowingly took this risk and they're paying dearly. This is very bad, don't get me wrong, but they'll be saved in due time. It's pretty piss poor that the mayor of NO is tweaking, the FEMA people don't have answers to CNN questioning, and senators are openly calling to wipe new orleans off the map, but this is what happens when Revelations goes down in louisiana. I just hope that the cops that are defending their stations like the alamo are given a hefty christmas bonus and enrolled in the jelly of the month club, cause they deserve it. As for the looters, gangs, and public officials and defenders who have turned in their badges? They should all be tried, convicted, and executed for the crime of treason. And if you have a problem with it, too !@#$ing back.