Gas Prices...

OMFG!

Just went to Stewart's near my house, $3.599 for premium! Just put $20 in (it's my 'toy' car, so I don't drive it much), which only got the tank to 1/4 full (based on the gauge).

That's about enough to get me home & back to the store once the price comes down.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy sh--. We got a poster on our boards that lives in Georgia, near Atlanta and he just reported that they are out of gas at all his local gas stations and they wont have any left until Tuesday. This is NUTS!

Today we got a crazy rush of people trying to beat the weekend gas price raise and literally drained ourselves dry of gas, any place that has any left has been told to sell only for today and close up shop tommorow due to rationing policy. We will again have gas for the 1st time next tuesday. Everybody say a little prayer for me down here, its gonna be one hell of an interesting weekend.

holy sh--.  We got a poster on our boards that lives in Georgia, near Atlanta and he just reported that they are out of gas at all his local gas stations and they wont have any left until Tuesday.  This is NUTS!

424522[/snapback]

With the destruction on the Gulf coastal highway, gas transportation throughout the southeast is all sorts of !@#$ed up. People on the news early this morning actually called this...

Closer to the Griswald mobile, wood panels and all. Road Trip! It might be  coming to the tailgate - Mom won't let me drive the new car.  :doh:

423236[/snapback]

"Now, I owe it to myself to tell you, Mr. Griswold, that if you are thinking of taking the tribe cross country, this is your automobile. The Wagon Queen Family Truckster. You think you hate it now, but wait till you drive it."

None of you will probably want to hear this, I paid 2.19 a gallon this morning, premium is 2.24. This is on the island of St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands. We are home to one of, if not the largest, refineries in the western hemisphere. It is a joint operation between Hess and the Venezualan national petroleum company. All the gas station operators here are independents, no Amoco, BP, Texaco, etc. They all get their gas stock directly from the refinery. It is my understanding that is a pretty unusual arrangement. There are only 55,000 people on the island, so I imagine it is doable because of how little gasoline the whole island uses. Still, people here B word about the price of gas constantly. I am not complaining about gas prices, I know how good I have it.

None of you will probably want to hear this, I paid 2.19 a gallon this morning, premium is 2.24.  This is on the island of St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands.  We are home to one of, if not the largest, refineries in the western hemisphere.  It is a joint operation between Hess and the Venezualan national petroleum company.  All the gas station operators here are independents, no Amoco, BP, Texaco, etc. They all get their gas stock directly from the refinery.  It is my understanding that is a pretty unusual arrangement.  There are only 55,000 people on the island, so I imagine it is doable because of how little gasoline the whole island uses.  Still, people here B word about the price of gas constantly.  I am not complaining about gas prices, I know how good I have it.

424623[/snapback]

There's a somewhat similar situation here in the Cincinnati area. As it turns out, a very large number of gasoline pipelines come to a hub about 25 miles north of the city limits, so the transportation cost for tankers supplying the stations is minimal. So prices do rise, but can fall rather quickly because the distributors and the supplied retail outfits get that benefit of that relative cheap cost of delivery.

Last night in my area....2.67.9

This morning.....2.79.9

OUCH!!!

422795[/snapback]

thats nothing last night I filled up one car at 259 a gallon today 299, now tell me 40 cents over night someone isnt gauging......

Man I wish I didn't need my F-150.  It's becoming a pain in the ass to fill it up.  I'd go with a lower fuel consumer, but I need it for work.

424743[/snapback]

Yeah I have an F-150 too, tell me about it. Gas up here in the mountains hit 3.05.. Thats about 67.00 to fill er up.

On the way home, there are two gas stations at the bottom of the hill by my house. One was $2.99, the other was $2.75. I immediatly filled up at the $2.75 station. There wasn't really a line yet, but there was always one or two people waiting while everyone else pumped (an 8 pump station).