Would you be willing to ration gas?

I was in elementary school during the 70's but I remember back then people were only able to get gas on odd/even days on the calendar according to their last digit on the license place number. Your last digit was an odd number...you could get gas on the odd days of the calendar only....even number..even calendar day....

would this be welcome in order to conserve gas and control demand?

Also...how much do you wanna bet SUV sales have hit the crapper because of prices?

I was in elementary school during the 70's but I remember back then people were only able to get gas on odd/even days on the calendar according to their last digit on the license place number.  Your last digit was an odd number...you could get gas on the odd days of the calendar only....even number..even calendar day....

Also...how much do you wanna bet SUV sales have hit the crapper because of prices?

424624[/snapback]

I can't tell you about rationing but SUV sales suck. I can't give mine away!

I was in elementary school during the 70's but I remember back then people were only able to get gas on odd/even days on the calendar according to their last digit on the license place number.  Your last digit was an odd number...you could get gas on the odd days of the calendar only....even number..even calendar day....

424624[/snapback]

Sure, if you can convince the PRC and India to do the same.

424624[/snapback]

This neither conserves gas or controls demand, just makes it a pain in the ass to get gas. All it will do is create lines, as sure as chit, if i got an odd number plate, I'm filling up on every odd day to make sure I'm topped offed.

It could be a problem since I was going to drive (500 miles) to see the Bills, at least 4 games anyway.  Is flying an option?

PTR

424634[/snapback]

maybe coal powered trains will come back into fashion.

anyways.. i don't care my care sits in front of my house and does nothin 4 days a week. you suv people can sort the gas out amongst yourselves.

that's not true...i'll take it if you're giving it away for free  :doh:

424630[/snapback]

Thats about the only way to do it. If I got rid of it in January I probably could have gotten what I need to pay off the loan plus a couple grand more. Now I'd just be happy to get enough to pay it off.

a couple of us TSW geeks should get together sometime and brainstorm how to make a mini nuclear reactor for cars

424646[/snapback]

How about a car that runs on garbage, like in Back to the Future? :doh:

CW

424624[/snapback]

I know this was done in the 1970's but it didn’t work. What is to prevent me from slightly changing my habits to make sure I get gas a little earlier (a day earlier) or later (a day later) than when I need it. Besides, if I ran out of gas do you really think they would turn me away? It is kind of like that goofy e-mail that circulates about not buying oil on a particular day. Wouldn't you just buy more the gas on a different day?

I know this was done in the 1970's but it didn’t work.  What is to prevent me from slightly changing my habits to make sure I get gas a little earlier (a day earlier) or later (a day later) than when I need it.  Besides, if I ran out of gas do you really think they would turn me away?  It is kind of like that goofy e-mail that circulates about not buying oil on a particular day.  Wouldn't you just buy more the gas on a different day?

424657[/snapback]

People used to swap license plates when that happened.

I got no problem with them...  How many others here do?

Maybe they can build one in your town?

:doh:  B-)

424651[/snapback]

I live about 100 ft away from an underground jet fuel pipeline that starts at the refineries 21 miles away (there are mile markers along the pipeline). There are several refineries in Martinez, CA. There is a lot of flat land nearby where they could build one or two more.

I live about 100 ft away from an underground jet fuel pipeline that starts at the refineries 21 miles away (there are mile markers along the pipeline). There are several refineries in Martinez, CA. There is a lot of flat land nearby where they could build one or two more.

424707[/snapback]

I hear you.

They really should build more then!

Did I tell you that in my town they make tinsel? Everytime I drive by it I joke to my wife and say that she can't complain because I brought her to "tinsel town." She isn't humored!

:doh:

Eff no!  B-)

Cut back on the family spending and sink it into gas.  There are just so many needless bills in the family budget I can live without.  One of them is right here, the internet.

:doh:

424647[/snapback]

So that means you're leaving us? ;)