Can the Winslow saga get any worse

Just for laughs: :rolleyes:

Browns | Winslow Slowed By Infection

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:46:14 -0700

Zac Jackson, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports Cleveland Browns TE Kellen Winslow Jr. (knee, staph infection) is vowing to make a complete recovery from his torn ACL, but is being slowed by a staph infection in his knee. As a result, Winslow has not been able to lift weights the past six weeks and has dropped from his listed 254 pounds to 225.

Just for laughs: :doh:

Browns | Winslow Slowed By Infection

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:46:14 -0700

Zac Jackson, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports Cleveland Browns TE Kellen Winslow Jr. (knee, staph infection) is vowing to make a complete recovery from his torn ACL, but is being slowed by a staph infection in his knee. As a result, Winslow has not been able to lift weights the past six weeks and has dropped from his listed 254 pounds to 225.

423385[/snapback]

If he's been slowed by a six-week staph infection, it's probably a nosocomial infection with a mutant antibiotic-resistant strain, and he's in serious trouble.

Maybe not so funny after all, if that's the case: :doh:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/eid/vol7no2/wenzel.htm

423403[/snapback]

What, did you google "nosocomial infection" after you read it? :D

I don't know what nosocomial staph infections are like, exactly, but I'd bet it's localized in the knee joint and not a bloodstream infection as in the CDC article. Simply because, if it were a bloodstream infection, he wouldn't have any problems after six weeks, as he'd likely be dead. Google 'MRSA' for more info, or read:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/hip/Aresist/ca_mrsa_public.htm

What, did you google "nosocomial infection" after you read it?  :doh:

I don't know what nosocomial staph infections are like, exactly, but I'd bet it's localized in the knee joint and not a bloodstream infection as in the CDC article.  Simply because, if it were a bloodstream infection, he wouldn't have any problems after six weeks, as he'd likely be dead.  Google 'MRSA' for more info, or read:

423413[/snapback]

Thanks, Doc :D

What, did you google "nosocomial infection" after you read it?  :doh:

I don't know what nosocomial staph infections are like, exactly, but I'd bet it's localized in the knee joint and not a bloodstream infection as in the CDC article.  Simply because, if it were a bloodstream infection, he wouldn't have any problems after six weeks, as he'd likely be dead.  Google 'MRSA' for more info, or read:

423413[/snapback]

This is actually my specialty...dela with these kinds of infections all the time.

There's a good chance it's MRSA, but these days it's really neither surprising nor a sign of disaster, at least not necessarily. They can be frustratingly tough to treat, and can certainly progress to nastiness, but he'll definitely be sidelined for a number of weeks more.

Maybe I'm too forgiving, but why do people want Winslow to fail so bad? I can enjoy the laughs off it, but I'm a little confused as to why people are rooting for guys like Winslow and Clarett? I know they have done and said stupid things but they are 21 years old. I bet alot of us have regrets back when we were that age. It seems people in America lately just want people to fail. I personally would have loved to seen Winslow play. As far as his "soldier" comment, it definitely was inappropiate. however, it was totally blow out of proportion. It was after a football game where a lot of emotion is flowing. I had a college coach who was a paratropper and stated that football was the close to war you could come without enlisting. So, I think it should be taken with a grain of salt.

That said, I think these couple of years are good for him. It definitely will humble him and I believe he will have a successful NFL career. Sorry for the seriousness of the post. There's just too much hate going on lately. :doh: