Broncos to cut Maurice Clarett

He's one of the few players still unsigned.  He believes the Rams are insulting him in contract negotiations.  I don't know which is funnier-the Rams wasting a 3rd rounder on him or his threats of going back into next year's draft because the Rams are offering him "4th round money"

421171[/snapback]

Wow, that's a scream.

I remember the baggage Incognito had leading up to the draft. And then to have the genius Mike Martz pick him up in the 3rd. What a friggin' waste.

And now he's insulted by the contract offer... HAHAHAHAHA

the number of 3rd round picks denver had is irrelevant.  they used a 3rd round pick on this guy, and it was a stupid decision.

421245[/snapback]

It's not irrelevant in the fact is they had more then usual and could afford to gamble on a player that might of turned into a big time performer ie high risk/high reward and because they had multiple picks in that round that they weren't foolish to use the final pick of day 1 on him.

It's not irrelevant in the fact is they had more then usual and could afford to gamble on a player that might of turned into a big time performer ie high risk/high reward and because they had multiple picks in that round that they weren't foolish to use the final pick of day 1 on him.

421299[/snapback]

If they could have taken that gamble one or two rounds later is it still a good move? They wasted a high pick on a guy that didn't make the first cut. The Broncos blew this one big time.

421299[/snapback]

i disagree. a 3rd round pick is a 3rd round pick. besides, how many GMs thought clarett had huge upside? not many.

compare and contrast the bills' mcgahee pick. while many thought it was a gamble, most agreed that if mcgahee recovered from the injury he was a top 5 pick.

1st and 3rd rounders are not the same thing, obviously...but the fact remains that you don't last as a personnel man in the league for long if you fritter away 1st day draft picks on longshots.

Shanahan said to Phil Simms that he has taken Clarrett aside at least 10 times and told him to shape up and that Clarrett has no concept of true hard work and preparation in camp. Shanahan also said he (Clarrett) does not get along with the other players.

A lot of people in the media blasted shanahan for picking the guy in the third, (he probably could have had him in the 6th). What I think is funny about this is that now the same media outlets are hoping that Clarrett gets cut to proove they were right in the first place and the broncos were wrong. I've heard a couple of sources say that Shanahan by cutting clarrett will have a great opportunity to proove that he is a great coach without an ego problem if he cuts Clarrett and is able to admit he was wrong to pick him. What a bunch of nonsense. How does cutting a dud make you a great coach, its really just common sense for shanahan.

Shanahan said to Phil Simms that he has taken Clarrett aside at least 10 times and told him to shape up and that Clarrett has no concept of true hard work and preparation in camp.  Shanahan also said he (Clarrett) does not get along with the other players.

A lot of people in the media blasted shanahan for picking the guy in the third, (he probably could have had him in the 6th). What I think is funny about this is that now the same media outlets are hoping that Clarrett gets cut to proove they were right in the first place and the broncos were wrong. I've heard a couple of sources say that Shanahan by cutting clarrett will have a great opportunity to proove that he is a great coach without an ego problem if he cuts Clarrett and is able to admit he was wrong to pick him. What a bunch of nonsense.  How does cutting a dud make you a great coach, its really just common sense for shanahan.

421570[/snapback]

From listening to friends who are OSU fans, the no-hard-work/preparation thing shouldn't have come as a shock to Shanahan.

Speaking of Shanny - amazing how his star seems to have fallen once Elway retired, no? Lot easier to pick up that "genius" label with a Hall of Fame QB running the offense....

From listening to friends who are OSU fans, the no-hard-work/preparation thing shouldn't have come as a shock to Shanahan.

Speaking of Shanny - amazing how his star seems to have fallen once Elway retired, no? Lot easier to pick up that "genius" label with a Hall of Fame QB running the offense....

421593[/snapback]

Terrell Davis helped out a little bit also.

Nice waste of a 3rd round pick.

Still might make it down the line, but a 3rd rounder was definitely a reach for him.

421144[/snapback]

Maurice's string of "good" decisions continues. He signed with the Broncos without any signing bonus. As a result, he only gets the per diem and traning camp pay for 4 weeks.