ANTI-WAR PROTESTORS

Code Pink Women for Peace, one of the groups backing anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan's vigil outside President Bush's ranch in Crawford Texas, organizes the protests at Walter Reed as well.

"Code Pink Women for Peace"? Remember when they just called themselves anti-war protesters and didn't have to pick cutesy little code names?

Friggin' pansy-ass society, ours...

Luke accused President Bush of "exploiting American soldiers"

Pot meet kettle. Like this kid isn't taking advantage of the presence of the soldiers. These people give those of us with honest and reasoned dissent of the war a bad name.

I really do feel for the people who have served, especially those wounded. After all they've had to go through, now this. :devil:

Pot meet kettle.  Like this kid isn't taking advantage of the presence of the soldiers.  These people give those of us with honest and reasoned dissent of the war a bad name.

I really do feel for the people who have served, especially those wounded.  After all they've had to go through, now this. :devil:

419069[/snapback]

Louisville slugger....meet cowardly protestors.

These Code Pinkos are lesbian communists. Before someone says I am crazy, I have had a face to face interaction with some of them. All they want to do is disrupt things and upset people.

Just before his election, I went to a rally for Arnold Schwartzeneger at the local fairgrounds. We had to all pass through a metal detector and no signs were allowed. The line was about 10 minutes long. When I was near the detectors, these idiots come up and try to cut in with signs on poles. We told them t get at the back of the line . They let them in. When Arnold started to talk, they started to yell at him about that groping garbage (trust me, none of them would be groped by a man). We were telling them to STFU and let Arnold talk. Medea (Suzie) Benjamin, the leader said he was an idiot. Well, I said if Arnold is such an idiot, let him talk and everyone will see it" I was met with a shocked stare and she resumed her diatribe. There was another one that I almost pushed over. She was the woman that was arrested in the RNC convention when bush came out for his acceptance speach. I yelled at the TV "Oh my god I almost decked that b*tch!".

Benjamin has admitted she helped organize the G8 demonstrations in Seattle where >5 Million in damage was done by protestors. She was one of the idiots that tried to be human shields before the Iraq war ( they should have let them). She has written a book extolling the virtues of Cuba and Castro.

The Cope Pink protests have been happening for about 3 months. The soldiers being treated are taken out for a night on the town of Fridays and return about 9 PM. The code pinkos are there. The busses holding the soldiers turn on the interior lights and the soldiers give them the finger as they pass by. They have been counter protested by the Pro-USA and pro-soldier Freepers (Free Republic). Pictures are posted of the code pinkos on the Free Republic web site. For the last month, the Freepers have outnumbered the pinkos. I think the video being shown was shot by freepers.

Just thought I would let people know exactly what they are, useful idiots.

I'm waiting for one of our fellow posters that are so rabidly anti-war with the "Bush lied" mantra to explain to us why this is a good thing.

419240[/snapback]

Don't think you'll get too many takers for that. You'd really have to be on the lunatic fringe of the anti-war movement to think this is acceptable.

I remember on the football board, the horrible human being thread, these people protesting their belief's that the war is based on a lie in front of a hospital with injured soldiers, needs a thread to describe like said thread, or just nancy kerrigan them all ''whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy'' no offence nancy! We are lucky to be citizens of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA...If these people could stand in the soldier's shoes, unfortunately humbling experiences, can not be enforced!!!!!!!! Like a rolling stone........

These are the people that Sheehan is allying herself with. There is a Code Pink contingent down at Camp Wacko down in Crawford.

419551[/snapback]

Just curious, and I don't think protesting outside of hospitals is at all tasteful, but if you were against this war, what would be the correct way to protest it?

Maybe the story you've posted is not all that it's cracked up to be.  Just like Vietnam, the right tried to paint the anti-war movement as communists and anti-troop.  This story suggests they are using the same tactics this time too.

The real story???

419571[/snapback]

Oh brother...

:D

About this site (mediatransparency.org)...

ABOUT THIS WEBSITE

IN JULY OF 1999, I began investigating a local Minneapolis "Think Tank" called the "Center of The American Experiment." Intuitively I had sensed very close connections between the Center, a 501©(3) charity, and the Republican Party of Minnesota, which set me out to find what actually was happening there.

To make a long story short, what I discovered was an interconnected web of conservative organizations spanning the gamut from academia to law to publishing to politics, all being funded and coordinated by a relatively small but wealthy group of philanthropies, chief among them the Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation, of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Though the Center has only received about $310,000 directly from the philanthropies, nearly every one of its speakers and presenters is in some way connected to or funded by this movement.

The Center, far from being a place where "deep thinking" takes place, can most accurately be called a cog in this movement, both producing content for the machine, as well as providing a local outlet for the rest of the movement's content providers, media faces, ideologues, and last but certainly not least, its politicians.

To accurately gauge the impact of these philanthropies, I felt it necessary to catalogue as many of the actual grants made by them as possible. Others have attempted this job. The National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy (NCRP), which has kindly allowed us to re-use some of their data, reported in 1997 on the grant making activities of 12 foundations over the period 1992 through 1994. That report, titled "Moving A Public Policy Agenda: The Strategic Philanthropy of Conservative Foundations," laid out a fine groundwork for understanding this movement, yet fell short in providing a comprehensive, interactive, open-to-all database that maps out the actual grants, for all to see. People for The American Way accurately described the engine of this movement in the title of another report on the phenomenon called "Buying a Movement."

Since the mere knowledge of who received grants is meaningless without knowing about the recipient organizations and people, this web site has also sought to supply information about both groups. To further users' research, there are four main ways to search the grants database: by grant recipient, by person, by grant purpose, or by a comprehensive All-in-One search.

About the depth of this site

The limitations of this web site are painfully obvious to me. At the very least, it should contain 15 years worth of grants lists from the 12 funders specified by the NCRP. Additionally, it should contain biographies and links for all the people who direct, receive, and/or benefit from the grants, as well as the recipient organizations. We are also trying to put together feature stories that describe the narrative and theoretical underpinnings of this movement, and to point out, when we can, when these figures and their organizations penetrate the popular culture, specifically the news. The organizers of this movement have a world view that is manifested in their system of funding, and we are attempting to describe it.

If you would like to help in any way, including funding our research - we are now a 501©(3) charity, contact media@cursor.org.

Finally, I wish to express gratitude to those people and organizations who/which have already lent their expertise and information to this site, including the National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy, Phil Wilayto, James D'Etremont of the The Boston Coalition for Freedom of Expression for his descriptions of some of the recipients and people, Political Research Associates, and others.

Rob Levine

Media Transparency

2/25/2000

Maybe the story you've posted is not all that it's cracked up to be.  Just like Vietnam, the right tried to paint the anti-war movement as communists and anti-troop.  This story suggests they are using the same tactics this time too.

The real story???

419571[/snapback]

"mediatransparency.org"? Yeah, ok.

Are those writers from the Jason Blair school of reporting?

What a joke.

The real story???

419571[/snapback]

How very interesting. But not surprising.

Now - I think that insofar as these protests may be hurtful to the soldiers inside, they are wrong. Those people have given enough and don't need to suffer any more. In addition to survivor's guilt has to be the need to cling to the thought that it was worth it...some have paid a heavy price.

I don't think that it's the goal of these protesters to HURT the soldiers. They are outraged at the war, the injuries, suffering and pain and it probably seems to them like nothing underscores it better than to have the world's eyes on Walter Reed where these poor damaged people are trying to rebuild their lives. They may have the right message, but their delivery is causing pain they can't intend.

Face it BOTH sides are using these people. The warmongers have taken their arms, legs, and lives. And the peaceniks IN THIS CASE are taking their peace. Two wrongs don't make a right but if the chickenhawks can't be blamed for 4,000+ severe casualties then the peaceniks' irritation of, by this article's count, 2-3 people, is certainly nothing to get upset over.

Unless you have a guilty conscience I suppose.

Some people just don't understand that the greatest threat to freedom of speech is from those who abuse that freedom.  A hospital is no place for politics.  Period.

419625[/snapback]

Works well for tactics, though. Doesn't it? You'll see clips and soundbites in 2008, trust me.

They did it on Friday nights (7PM-?). They Code Pinkos were claiming that the soldiers were being admitted at night so that the public wouldn't see them coming in. The truth is that on Friday nights, they take the ambulatory patients out in a bus for a night on the town. Thees scumbags are protesting soldiers who are ghaving some fun while recuperating. The Freepers (Free Republic readers) on the other corners get waves and thumbs up from the soldiers while the Code pinkos get the finger. A few weeks ago, those idiots were actually arguing with a vet who has two prosthetic legs. He was driving out of the hospital with his girlfriend and stopped to give them a piece of his mind.

Don't any of these people have jobs????? What the hell are they doing just standing around all day anyways????

420369[/snapback]

They must be the ones who have 'given up' looking for a job. I love hearing that nonsense everytime the unemployment figures come out. :(

They must be the ones who have 'given up' looking for a job.  I love hearing that nonsense everytime the unemployment figures come out.    :D

420460[/snapback]

Unemployment figures don't include people who aren't actively looking for jobs. ;)

I'm waiting for one of our fellow posters that are so rabidly anti-war with the "Bush lied" mantra to explain to us why this is a good thing.

419240[/snapback]

That's unfair. It's like asking the anti-gay rights people to justify the protests of these wackos at funerals.

God kills Americans because we harbor gays

Not too many people come to the rescue of their fringe nutjobs except to say they have the right to protest because its America.

Unemployment figures don't include people who aren't actively looking for jobs.  :D

420765[/snapback]

Yes, and the 'blame Bush' lemmings would have us believe those people have not voluntarily taken themselves out of the workforce and instead there are millions of people who have "given up" looking for a job.

Meanwhile, the want ads and job serach sites advertise tens of thousands of jobs daily.

;)

They did it on Friday nights (7PM-?). They Code Pinkos were claiming that the soldiers were being admitted at night so that the public wouldn't see them coming in. The truth is that on Friday nights, they take the ambulatory patients out in a bus for a night on the town.  Thees scumbags are protesting soldiers who are ghaving some fun while recuperating. The Freepers (Free Republic readers) on the other corners get waves and thumbs up from the soldiers while the Code pinkos get the finger.  A few weeks ago, those idiots were actually arguing with a vet who has two prosthetic legs. He was driving out of the hospital with his girlfriend and stopped to give them a piece of his mind.

420432[/snapback]

Something tells me that we're not getting the full story here. :P