Willis quotes on T.O.

While many players very likely don't approve of how Owens is conducting business, they don't necessarily disagree with his basic demands.

"You can't fault the man for wanting a new contract," said running back Willis McGahee, adding he doubts Eagles players are bitter toward Owens. "If I was one of them, I wouldn't be."

How it eventually plays out will be very important. A precedent could be set. Hey, he got a new contract. I want one.

"I'm pretty sure some guys think like that," McGahee said. "If I was a receiver, I'd want a new deal, too."

I don't mean to start the "We're Doomed" chorus, but I think we can all expect a contract holdout from Willis McGahee at some point in the next year or two. No problems this season, but if he has a good year, you can bank on it.

I find it curious how WM doesn't rag on T.O. Could it be they have the same agent? SATAN?

PTR

i read that too, and it was very disconcerting...but no reason to spoil this season's hopes...

417751[/snapback]

I am not too woried. If a player has been wotrh it, TD has ponied up the greenbacks.

Yeah, but I think I recall that it was reported (although I don't remember by what "creditable" source) that TD is already looking into extending McGahee's contract in the next off season anyway.

Willis knows he has to produce this season to get paid next season. That is the way the game works. And it works to our advantage this year.

much ado about nothing.  if willis performs the way we're all hoping he does, he will DESERVE a renegotiated deal.

the guy is just being honest.  he's not a distraction to the team.

417758[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong...I'm not harping on WM. I'm just saying his sympathetic stance on T.O, combined with having Satan Rosenhaus for an agent, and some of the things that were said in the past, I am expecting a contract hold out at some point. Not during this season, but at some point after if he has a great year.

PTR

I will bet BIG MONEY that Willis WILL NOT be here past next year, and even next year will be in question if he does well this year ( see T.O. and various other holdouts ).

My enthusiasm for Willis and the prospects of him being here a long time ( ala T.Thomas ) are very low to be honest with you.

With Drew Rosenslut as his agent and Willis's punk-like attitude in general, it will be hard for him to win me over.

Thats not to say I wont be happy if he busts out 2000 yards this year ;)

more often than not, in the NFL, players that hold out are due for a raise...in the last year or two of their contract...TO is an idiot, asking for a slight raise, after just receiveing a large bonus, with 6 years left on a deal...I wish just once someone would just let him rot

I think Willis is guilty here of getting just a tad ahead of himself. He was a great college player, and had a fantastic year for us last year after coming off a major injury/recovery. The sky is the limit for him potential wise. The fact remains though that he has only produced for a very short period of time and really cannot YET be put in the list of guys like Tomlinson, Holmes, Alexander, etc. who have done it over multiple seasons. I am glad he is confident but he seems to consider himself "elite" just a little bit before his time has come. Remember that his contract is full of incentives that will pay him handsomely if he produces again this season. I agree that a holdout next year is highly likely, but it's sure going to be exciting this season!

The biggest issue will be how willis approaches TD about the contract extension...if willis has a great season, TD should and most likely will be considering locking him up long term...then its willis's attitude...if wants a reasonable contract that will pay him big bucks, i dont forsee a problem...but if runs his mouth and wants portis/LT/deuce type money, then we'll have an issue on our hands...

I will bet BIG MONEY that Willis WILL NOT be here past next year, and even next year will be in question if he does well this year ( see T.O. and various other holdouts ).

My enthusiasm for Willis and the prospects of him being here a long time ( ala T.Thomas ) are very low to be honest with you.

With Drew Rosenslut as his agent and Willis's punk-like attitude in general, it will be hard for him to win me over.

Thats not to say I wont be happy if he busts out 2000 yards this year ;)

417770[/snapback]

Do you realize that every holdout of Drew Rosenhaus's is still with their teams right? Willis isn't going anywhere.

The biggest issue will be how willis approaches TD about the contract extension...if willis has a great season, TD should and most likely will be considering locking him up long term...then its willis's attitude...if wants a reasonable contract that will pay him big bucks, i dont forsee a problem...but if runs his mouth and wants portis/LT/deuce type money, then we'll have an issue on our hands...

417785[/snapback]

What if he proves to be as good as LT? Doesn't he then deserve that kind of money?