Is it just me

dib

I watched the delayed broadcast yesterday and Losman seems like a spider on a gridle. Run Forrest run. Oh look a reciever.

On the other hand Holcomb drops, plants, and fires.

OK, I'll duck now.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might as well duck and cover! I'll agree that holcomb is more of a pocket passer than jp, but holcomb is a career backup. JP has upside. I'd rather have an unconventional guy who has upside than a "normal" guy who is "ok" at best. Think Dominik Hasek

I watched the delayed broadcast yesterday and Losman seems like a spider on a gridle. Run Forrest run. Oh look a reciever.

OK, I'll duck now.

415093[/snapback]

No need to duck, you just have to get a clue.

JP- 2nd Season

Kelly- 9th Season

When you figure out why one would be more comfortable then the other, let me know.

No need to duck,  you just have to get a clue.

JP- 2nd Season

Kelly- 9th Season

When you figure out why one would be more comfortable then the other,  let me know.

415095[/snapback]

DiB has been here for many, many years and he does have a clue. Although you are correct about the experience factor, DiB is not wrong either. My personal opinion is that JP needs work, but will be a good qb.

It really is OK to post something that is not great about a Bills player. At least I THINK it is.

OK, I'll duck now.

415093[/snapback]

The boy just needs to get the Tulane experience out of him... :huh: I hope he continues to gain confidence in his O-line protection this Friday.

actually from just watching the game once i noticed a different JP depending on the drive that was going on. early on he looked to stay in the pocket a little and escape when needed. it was a take what is given to you approach. then he started feeling some heat or receivers weren't open when they were supposed to be and it was almost like once he got flushed out of the pocket once or twice he forgot that he could stay in the pocket after that. he was running everytime he felt wind of a defensive player within 5 yards of him. after one or two drives of that "attitude", i do believe he calmed down a bit and found some receivers the more conventional way, but he was still a little skittish in the pocket for my liking.

all that aside though, the man played the position of qb and played it well. 3 scoring drives is impressive, but even more impressive was the time taken off the clock during the drives because of 3RD DOWN CONVERSIONS. watch the cowboys and see the difference between how they fail to convert 3rd downs and compare it to us and you will see exactly what i am talking about.

if we can score 17 points in the first half every game and add 7-14 in the second half, our defense will do the rest and i guaruntee a perfect season. will we score 17 and 7-14 in every game? no. but if we did, the rest of the teams in the league might as well forfeit the season and start next year right now cause the bills have the superbowl locked up.

DiB has been here for many, many years and he does have a clue. Although you are correct about the experience factor, DiB is not wrong either. My personal opinion is that JP needs work, but will be a good qb.

It really is OK to post something that is not great about a Bills player. At least I THINK it is.

415100[/snapback]

I know how long he has been here, I've been around since 1998 myself. I usually agree that he knows what he is talking about, but that post was just ignorant.

Obvoiusly JP needs work, but after two starts I'm really encouraged.

I know how long he has been here, I've been around since 1998 myself. I usually agree that he knows what he is talking about, but that post was just ignorant.

It was an observation. Not an opinion. Ignorant is not being able to tell the difference.

It was an observation. Not an opinion. Ignorant is not being able to tell the difference.

415116[/snapback]

doh! Good burn. :huh:

I know how long he has been here,  I've been around since 1998 myself.  I usually agree that he knows what he is talking about,  but that post was just ignorant.

Obvoiusly JP needs work,  but after two starts I'm really encouraged.

415111[/snapback]

In your opinion perhaps ignorant. In my opinion a valid perspective. You appear to be saying that in seven years JP=Holcomb.

No need to duck, you just have to get a clue.

JP- 2nd Season

Kelly- 9th Season

Is that an accurate assessment of your intelligent post?

Great.  Now you're going to be burned at the stake by the "JP Losman is the Messiah" club...  :huh:

415130[/snapback]

That's O.K., as Harry S Truman once said "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

what i don't understand (among many things) is why people continue to post about losman as if he is already supposed to be a polished, finished QB? he's a friggin' first year starter and is constantly learning.

anyone who expects JP to "light up" the league this season is fooling himself. are there veterans who could be good fits for the bills' offense (including holcomb)? of course. but the constant "JP looks uncomfortable," "JP takes off to run too quickly," "JP is staring at his receiver" commentary from the worry warts is getting a bit old. i'm GLAD losman has the awareness to get himself out of trouble right now. he will learn to stick around in the pocket more as he plays more. he has terrific coaches watching film and teaching him how to do things differently the next time.

you know what JP HAS done? he has led three TD drives and two FG drives in his last seven drives of work. he has shown in-game ability to learn from mistakes. he looks like he's taking control of things on the field. in just two lousy preseason games, he looks a zillion times more polished than kyle boller.

ask yourselves this question -- do we as bills' fans want production, or are we only interested in perfection in technique, savvy, and what we think a starting QB is "supposed" to look like?

i certainly encourage, and enjoy reading, posts that offer analysis and critique of players and coaches. i'm not an "everything has to be positive" guy, even though i am more optimistic than a lot of you. i just view a lot of the losman posts as wheel-spinning.

flame away.

OK, I'll duck now.

415093[/snapback]

No worries. When Holcomb becomes the starter at the beginning of October you can now offically be the frst guy to say, I told you so. Save this thread to your favorites.

I thought Holcomb looked pretty good. We should consider ourselves fortunate to be able to have a competent QB step in if there is ever the need for him to. JP is the starter no doubt, but nothing wrong with a good back-up. See F Reich

No worries. When Holcomb becomes the starter at the beginning of October you can now offically be the frst guy to say, I told you so. Save this thread to your favorites.

415156[/snapback]

I want what's best for the Bills period. So there would never be an "I told you so" I believe Losman should 'play within himself' until his confidence in his o-line grows. However he can't play 'street football' and expect to stay healthy. One of these times he takes off and doesn't slide he's going to get ear holed and carried off of the field on a stretcher.