Any feedback about the Pick' em contest?

SDS

Points changes, Rule changes, etc...

Speak now as I am getting ready to setup the pool again and I want the rules set for the welcome email messages that get sent.

410608[/snapback]

The only question is when, with your busy schedule

The only question is when, with your busy schedule

410980[/snapback]

It would have been last night, but I wasn't about to delete every player one by one, so I emailed support on it. Meanwhile there are a lot of options that need to be set, so I wanted to get the rules straight.

we had +3 for MNF

+5 for OT

+3 for perfect week.

what do you suggest?

410994[/snapback]

How about a handicap so I can finish on the first page. :D:doh:

I think it is pretty fair but I hate when people who miss weeks of games finish in front of me :doh::P

we had +3 for MNF

+5 for OT

+3 for perfect week.

what do you suggest?

410994[/snapback]

Was it +3 just for getting the game correct? If so, I don't like that, the MNF game shouldn't be worth more than the other games IMO. I seemed to remember that there were major points for hitting the score right (or close). To me, that's more luck than anything else. It could be worth an extra point or two, but not more than that.

Perfect week bonus is good.

I don't think too many people try for the OT....but it's kinda like a Hail Mary so that's fine.

Was it +3 just for getting the game correct?  If so, I don't like that, the MNF game shouldn't be worth more than the other games IMO.  I seemed to remember that there were major points for hitting the score right (or close).  To me, that's more luck than anything else.  It could be worth an extra point or two, but not more than that.

Perfect week bonus is good.

I don't think too many people try for the OT....but it's kinda like a Hail Mary so that's fine.

411053[/snapback]

MNF score was a bonus +3 points. So, I guess that is a 4 point game if you hit it.

How about a handicap so I can finish on the first page. :devil:  :blush:

I think it is pretty fair but I hate when people who miss weeks of games finish in front of me 0:)  :P

411015[/snapback]

Yea, get rid of the option where if you haven't entered your picks before the cut-off, the system automatically picks them for you.

MNF score was a bonus +3 points.  So, I guess that is a 4 point game if you hit it.

411071[/snapback]

You can call me a purist (among other things), but I would like to see the OT bonus go away. How can anyone with any skill tell me a game will go into OT? That has to be luck.

Yea, get rid of the option where if you haven't entered your picks before the cut-off, the system automatically picks them for you.

411893[/snapback]

I agree. If I remember correctly that was new last year, and was in response to people forgetting to make their picks, or being unable to make them etc. I would recommend dropping that option (no, not just because I finished below dem guys lots of times :devil: )