Better Wings?

Which would you rather have 50 of?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather have 50 of?

• Duffs
    • Anchor Bar

At Pilot Field lasr night (whoops NorthAmericare Park) they were advertsing the National Wing Festival wing is schedule to occur in Buffalo Sept. 2-4.

Perhaps some TSW crew can settle this issue then. Perhaps folks want to set up a table at some nearby public location where designated "flyers" will grab the wings of various restaurants and bring them to the table where our designated taste testers will sample the fare and vote.

Certainly this can be done by TSW if anyone is so moved to organize something as a fundraiser sponsored by TSW for Hunter's Hope in his memory as just because he is unfortunately gone does not mean that we will forget about him or the disease which took him.

I would bet the media might have an interest also in such an event which would help TSW and most of all Hunter's family and the fight against the disease.

I voted for Duff's. Their lunch special is great. There are far better wings available in the area though. Oh, and for the record, the always have honored my requests to have my wings not served swimming in sauce.

I found the Anchor's wings to be a decent size (much bigger than Duff's especially the flats) but they were very soggy and undercooked, even after having request extra-crispy. Also, I think their prices were WAY too high.

If you don't mind occasionaly lousy service (though not a fault of the staff, just the volume of business) I highly recommend The Pub, located on Broadway (near Transit) in Depew. They have some of the best wings I have ever had, and the quality is consistant. They have a great selection of styles and flavors ranging from mild to over-the-top-melt-your-face-hot, jerk style, baked italian pub style, and char-broil bbq on par with La Nova's.

Additionally they have Hi-Def projection screens mounted to the ceilings to provide a great game day experience.

I also recommend their steak fries... :D

Anyone have any wing suggestions for Rochester? All i ever have is local pizaa places and some are so-so.

406784[/snapback]

Yup!

For hot or hotter than hot, the best places are:

Hitchcock's near the intersection of Merchants Rd. and Culver Rd.

Jeremiah's Tavern near Culver and Monroe.

Sports Page on Monroe.

Pittsford Pub & Woody's (same owners)

MacGregor's on Gregory St.

The Elmwood Inn used to have good wings, not sure now though.

The Distillery did too, but the last few times I went there, they sucked royally. The wings weren't completely sauced, they were small, and simply not very good. Someone told me that they were trying to cut costs.

For pizza places, Pontillo's has decent wings, but nowhere near the best, but worth getting.

the BAR BILL in East Aurora has the BEST WINGS IN THE WORLD......................DUFFS=CRAP.....Anchors are good but not BAR BILL great

407002[/snapback]

You are correct. I wouldn't put Anchor or Duff's in the top 10 in WNY even. Gabriel's Gate are great as someone mentioned, but do yourself a favor and get some Bar Bill wings.

Since you are giving me two choices only, I would definitely vote for Duff's. I love the fact that they are dripping in hot sauce. In fact - true story here - we went to Duff's one night and a friend of mine actually drank the sauce at the bottom of basket. Needless to say, he had a rough night (and next morning).

But, Duff's and Anchor Bar aside, my wife does make the best wings around!!! Whenever we are invited to a pot luck, people will ask (actually beg is more accurate) her to make her wings.