The Terrel Owens thread

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sal Palentonio just reported that Owens wouldnt interact with teammates last week when Sal was at eagles camp for 6 days. Sal said and i quote the atmosphere was "Poisonousness" and also went on to say that he could see this blow up coming a mile away.

I would prefer if the Eagles kept him for all 6 years of his contract, and fined him/withheld salary for every day out of training camp/not with the team. Then, after six years, he would be a washed-up nobody.

404146[/snapback]

Well, the report says TO was asked to leave. Now they can't fine him because they kicked him out.

Well, the report says TO was asked to leave.  Now they can't fine him because they kicked him out.

404157[/snapback]

I'm not sure about that. If a guy violates team rules and he's kicked out or suspended, the team, I believe, can still fine him. Of course, it's not going to be the daily fine the team could impose on a player for missing training camp---but they might be able to fine him one large sum.

I can't believe anyone around the league would want this guy! That is, except for the Raiders and dolfelons. He would be a cancer the moment he stepped off the plane in the new team's city. He'll be nearly impossible to trade. Reid will want to get value for the talent, but the other teams aren't going to want to give up much, knowing TO's attitude and the Eagle's will be desperate to get rid of him.

Not saying that's the situation now, but it looks like its headed that way. I doubt TO plays for the Eagles this year.

watched something last week that said he should not go to camp and then leave, cause once you report and are there at least five days, there is something in the contract that makes it very bad for the player. What that is I forget, so this post is rather useless, but will dig for some info

Yeah, if a vested veteran (more than 4 years in the NFL) does that, the team can put him on the "reserve/suspended" list or something like that, prevent him from playing the whole season, and still get to keep him for the same remaining number of years after that. But I don't know if that applies when the teams kicks the player out.