Hunter's service was beautiful

I had a sick feeling inside since the news of his death on Friday. just an empty gut or butterfly effect. My head could not get the thoughts of Hunter and his grieving family out, he was being thought of constantly. I had to go for the term closure.

Surprised that I had not shed a single tear usually I cry at sad events. Heck I cry when a person wins a car on a game show. (Yet nothing for Hunter. Strange and unusual for me.)

I was there early and the Hunter's Hope workers were their usual compassionate and professional people. Hugs and good thoughts were exchanged. I went back outside to wait for the doors to open at noon. Alex VP was the first to come over for a hug and greeting. He was one of the Ushers. Soon some of the older players stopped by Jim Ritcher, Frank R, Tasker, Mohr. Steve's wife Sarah and their 5 children. The oldest a Senior in HS his daughter is stunningly beautiful(like her mother) a JR in HS. Where has the time gone? I remember them when they were 2 yrs old. Thankful that his family is healthy.

Inside there was music - very beautiful music and you were handed a program of Hunter's life. As the church began to fill and the music was being preformed there was a sense of Peace. I had a box of tissues just in case. One must always be prepared. Boomer E his blonde hair a sure give away went to sit with Frank.

A man walked down the aisle and I knew that I knew him but it wasn't until I saw his wife Beverly that It clicked that it was BRUCE. Shaving his head to hide the gray and balding :(:( -Thurman, Kidd, Talley and others in the section assigned to them. Then the service started.

The procession of the Shiny Hunter Green casket with the brass handles. Oh, So small and the uncles and Godfather fighting back the tears carrying Hunter's remains to the alter. Followed by Jim, Jill, his Sisters and the rest of the immediate family. The Tears came and never stopped until the service was over.

What a generous thing for the Kelly family to do. To share the grief with us all and help us cope at the worse time of their lives. They had a slideshow of pictures and videos clips. Hunter's family and caregivers saying a few words about Hunter and Jill and Erin spoke in their clips.

Singing and pictures that showed us all in attendance that Hunter lead a wonder life. His daily routine and how he communicated with his blinks. His crippled body playing in the textures of whipped cream and finger paints. One picture got a chuckle out of us through our tears. It was a Halloween and Hunter was dressed like Woody from TOY STORY hat and all. A memory that I will treasure for sure.

Amazing grace was being sung when the casket was once again carried this time outside and the procession to the private cemetery in Attica. I left a happier more settled person. I did not hang around and talk more with the player that I had not had conversation with. Many of them did go to the news crews to express their thoughts. I watched that part on the 11:00 news.

Just a recap of a most spiritual day. Sorry for the length.

Don't apologize for the length. I wish I could have been there, but I don't think I could handle it. When a child dies, everyone grieves. I feel terribly for Jim and his family, but Hunter is in a better place. He is happy now.

Thank you for sharing Cindy.

I might sound weird here but I have been fighting back tears every time I read something about Hunter. I have a 22 month old daughter and a son on the way in September, who has already been diagnosed with a Heart Transposition. I can't imagine what Jim and Jill and the whole Kelly family is going through but everything they have done with Hunter has already made the world a better place for children. God Bless them.

Cindy..

I could not have written it better. It was so kind of you to be there and I was glad I could give you a hug! The service was so moving...what most did not see was all of the HH volunteers and ushers in the hallway prior to Hunter coming into the church. Per Dan Kelly's instructions, we formed an honor guard line for Hunter and his family to pass through. I was fine until I saw Camryn...she was crying her heart out! We then all followed them into the church and sat together.

What an amazing tribute to a little boy, whose life said so much...without him saying a word.

We love you Hunter boy!

I had a sick feeling inside since the news of his death on Friday. just an empty gut or butterfly effect.  My head could not get the thoughts of Hunter and his grieving family out, he was being thought of constantly. I had to go for the term closure.

Surprised that I had not shed a single tear usually I cry at sad events. Heck I cry when a person wins a car on a game show. (Yet nothing for Hunter.  Strange and unusual for me.)

I was there early and the Hunter's Hope workers were their usual compassionate and professional people. Hugs and good thoughts were exchanged.  I went back outside to wait for the doors to open at noon.  Alex VP was the first to come over for a hug and greeting. He was one of the Ushers. Soon some of the older players stopped by Jim Ritcher, Frank R, Tasker, Mohr. Steve's wife Sarah and their 5 children. The oldest a Senior in HS his daughter is stunningly beautiful(like her mother) a JR in HS.  Where has the time gone? I remember them when they were 2 yrs old. Thankful that his family is healthy.

Inside there was music - very beautiful music and you were handed a program of Hunter's life. As the church began to fill and the music was being preformed there was a sense of Peace. I had a box of tissues just in case. One must always be prepared. Boomer E his blonde hair a sure give away went to sit with Frank.

A man walked down the aisle and I knew that I knew him but it wasn't until I saw his wife Beverly that It clicked that it was BRUCE. Shaving his head to hide the gray and balding :blink:  ;)  -Thurman, Kidd, Talley and others in the section assigned to them. Then the service started.

The procession of the Shiny Hunter Green casket with the brass handles. Oh, So small and the uncles and Godfather fighting back the tears carrying Hunter's remains to the alter. Followed by Jim, Jill, his Sisters and the rest of the immediate family. The Tears came and never stopped until the service was over.

What a generous thing for the Kelly family to do. To share the grief with us all and help us cope at the worse time of their lives. They had a slideshow of pictures and videos clips. Hunter's family and caregivers saying a few words about Hunter and Jill and Erin spoke in their clips.

Singing and pictures that showed us all in attendance that Hunter lead a wonder life. His daily routine and how he communicated with his blinks. His crippled body playing in the textures of whipped cream and finger paints. One picture got a chuckle out of us through our tears.  It was a Halloween and Hunter was dressed like Woody from TOY STORY hat and all. A memory that I will treasure for sure.

Amazing grace was being sung when the casket was once again carried this time outside and the procession to the private cemetery in Attica.  I left a happier more settled person. I did not hang around and talk more with the player that I had not had conversation with. Many of them did go to the news crews to express their thoughts. I watched that part on the 11:00 news.

Just a recap of a most spiritual day. Sorry for the length.

403562[/snapback]

Thank you so much!

Jeff