Think You're Down ? Try Being There

Mark VI

I May be the odd man out. I still believe... Had we got the "breaks" to go our way ie. Moulds does not fumble in the redzone, We have a kicker who can make kicks longer than 35yrds, we run the football 1yrd outside the end zone on 1st down, we dominated this game. Also what every1 fails to remember is the stupid reaction by london fletcher, kicking the ball from the line of scrimmage after the big pass by leftwich with less than 2mins remaining. Not only did he bring the ball 5yrds closer to the goal line, but he stopped the clock at a critical time for JAX.. Our Defense looks stellar, with the exception of one 35yrd pass given up by Nate, we smothered them today. Props to Izell for being the 1st safety in 3 yrs to get a pick. ANother note... I miss Milloy. I for one STILL see the glass as half full. Mularkey and Co do not seem like losers to me, they will not accept it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...I'm not sure it's a long limb, but even though Drew was certainly not the reason the Bills lost today, I think after a certain time (and a certain amount of frustrating losses) change for the sake of change is warranted. And if in fact the Bills falter often early this year, I think you'll see JP get some PT rather quickly when healthy...

28118[/snapback]

KOK--I would disagree with you on this one..Although DB was not bad---he didn't do anything extra to get the job done.Thats what a QB/leader is for--to will the team into the endzone and to show savvy and leadership.Just because he didn';t screw up that much doesnt take the burden off of him.It is the QBs responsibility to lead and to make things happen.

I May be the odd man out.  I still believe...  Had we got the "breaks" to go our way ie.  Moulds does not fumble in the redzone,  We have a kicker who can make kicks longer than 35yrds, we run the football 1yrd outside the end zone on 1st down, we dominated this game.  Also what every1 fails to remember is the stupid reaction by london fletcher, kicking the ball from the line of scrimmage after the big pass by leftwich with less than 2mins remaining.  Not only did he bring the ball 5yrds closer to the goal line, but he stopped the clock at a critical time for JAX..  Our Defense looks stellar, with the exception of one 35yrd pass given up by Nate, we smothered them today.  Props to Izell for being the 1st safety in 3 yrs to get a pick.  ANother note... I miss Milloy.  I for one STILL see the glass as half full.  Mularkey and Co do not seem like losers to me, they will not accept it.

28124[/snapback]

Thats what is so bad about this loss and shows just how lacking this team is. We DOMINATED the entire game, but ended up losing. Good teams find ways to win, bad teams find ways to lose. Guess what we are?

Guest BackInDaDay

You guys are off your collective nut!

These are pros. They're getting paid because they've been they're the Parade HS All-Americans, the sought after 'letter of intent' that every University hopes to land. They're the best players in a country that fields hundreds of thousands of players a weekend! You don't think these guys got the will to win? You don't think there are players as fast, as strong, as intense, that these guys have faced and beaten on a consistent basis since they've been 10-14 year-olds?

Every guy in the NFL has what it takes to overcome the competition. Case freekin' closed! Don't come here with that weak, 'we don't care enough about winning' BS. Sit on your stool, drink your beer, and fantasize how you would lead the lads to victory. What a sorry bunch.

dude we've been through an AWFUL lot of very close losses in the past couple years...given up several 4th qtr leads...at some point you have to question the testicular fortitude of the core players on the team.

what do you attribute all the close losses to?

dude we've been through an AWFUL lot of very close losses in the past couple years...given up several 4th qtr leads...at some point you have to question the testicular fortitude of the core players on the team.

28135[/snapback]

I really thought Milloy would make a big difference...

Granted, he didn't play (can't blame him for today),

but he's the only player on the team that I can really say

is a true, bonafide 100% winner.

Fletcher & Adams both won rings, but they were complementary players

(almost along for the ride)...

Bledsoe was a winner a long, long, long time ago.

TKO knows nothing but losing.

Vincent knows all about coming up short in NFC Championship games.

Chris V came from the Bears, say no more.

And as for our home-grown talent, the Super Bowl years are long gone.

Badol hit the nail on the head...hopefully some of these guys step up QUICK!

Mark and Badol... you hit the nail on the head. Great posts.

It was an ugly game. At post game wind down, it was pretty much agreed that 1-0 is better than 0-1, but even if they reversed the decision on the final touchdown, we were still not impressed. The Bills lacked spirit and the Jags never gave up. THAT was the difference in the game.

Oh yeah -a tight end that can catch and hold the ball would be nice. :blink:

NG, I will go out on a limb too. Moulds has lost his spark. He needs to find it and pass it along to some of the younger players who have not experienced wining teams. On one play, he caught the ball, turned to see the 1st down marker and stepped out of bounds. Had he turned back onto the playing field, he would have deeked his defender and the way was clear for 20 more yards at least. I said to my friend them that Moulds is done. I hope I am wrong.

On the positive, the Bills were winning for 59 minutes and 56 seconds of the game.

TKO made a hit to rival Stratton's 'hit heard around the world'. When that helmet was rolling ten yards back up the field we looked to see it there was a head in it!

I am still optimistic about the season, just a bit deflated this evening.

Fantastic tailgate. This was the best yet. When it comes to fans, "nobody circles the wagons like the Stadium Wall".

Guest BackInDaDay

28135[/snapback]

Last year the athletes were hijacked by a worm of an OC, who would rather watch his team fail, than admit his mistakes. Check Mr. Sam Gash's quote below.

As far as this year's team...

If the O-line looks sound, if DB is getting the ball away quickly, if our D is turning the ball over... This is the foundation of a good team.

Brother, I'm 48 years old. I've been rooting for the red/white/blue since '64. There weren't many bright spots back then.. nothing to hitch your wagon to. But that was a different time. Bad teams often stayed bad for years. It took a collection of players to change that. In today's NFL, that collection can be had over the counter in one off-season, but it still takes time to 'jell'.

You watch. I'm confident that this coaching staff has enough sense to let their players play. And they can play!

THURMAN--I would agree with you---but we have DB at QB....there is no hope with him in there.And the sooner Donahoe admits his mistake and gets rid of him the better off we will be.

28121[/snapback]

This loss had NOTHING to do with Bledsoe. I am not a big DB fan (nor a DB basher) but I cannot understand how anyone who watched this game could put the blame for the loss on him!

'Splain it to me, Lucy!

I'm really not sure which game you watched Rockpile or where your seats were, but the effort was there in spades. To see that commitment to the run against the best Run D in the league was a thing of utter beauty. It's a different offensive philosophy than some have seen here in a LONG time. Maybe that's it. I don't know. If you weren't impressed you're probably in for a long boring season. Me, I've been waiting to see this approach to our offense for a long time. The D was all over the field except for 2 prayers and that is a lack of effort? Moulds looks like he's back in ProBowl form but the fumbles he had were indeed inexcuseable. I agree on the TE hands comments :-).

Someone please refresh my memory...

When was the last time we won a game in crunch time,

either by the offense scoring at the end of a game

or by the defense holding on for dear life???

The last game I remember was the Minnesota OT game

a couple years ago...

28077[/snapback]

I guess you missed the cincy game last year....... :blink:

Guest BackInDaDay
To see that commitment to the run against the best Run D in the league was a thing of utter beauty. It's a different offensive philosophy than some have seen here in a LONG time.

I love it. Thanks 34.

One loss out of sixteen. That's all this is. We're not going undefeated. Now our new coaches can look at the film and figure out how to accentuate the positive, and correct the mistakes that cost us this game.

My observation is that this team has no heart.  The stars of the team are losers who come up small when it matters.  I repeat what I said a month ago, the team is not fun to watch and I would be happy if they could just blow it up and start from scratch because there isn't a player on the team who I would be upset to see leave.  Fans get attached to players who come up big when it matters, and guys like Moulds, Spikes, Clements and Henry repeatedly come up small in the clutch.  Everyone keeps trying to project victories upon this team based on talent and matchups, etc., but the reality is that they are losers who don't know how to win.  What's worse, they are established veteran losers, not young kids.    Gonna' be another long year of bewildered fans wondering how a fairly talented team can be so bad.

28046[/snapback]

You are a very wise sage, my man. Glad to have your analysis after these games. It makes me feel a heluva a lot better with a decent perspective. Your glasses are always very clear. Thanks BADOL.

Guest BackInDaDay
You are a very wise sage, my man.  Glad to have your analysis after these games.  It makes me feel a heluva a lot better with a decent perspective.  Your glasses are always very clear.  Thanks BADOL.

28203[/snapback]

It makes you feel better to hear that your team has no heart? :blink:

Or do you presume his opinion to be the more credible one because his pessimism echos your own?

I love it. Thanks 34.

One loss out of sixteen. That's all this is.  We're not going undefeated.  Now our new coaches can look at the film and figure out how to accentuate the positive, and correct the mistakes that cost us this game.

28169[/snapback]

Hopefully taking some shots down the field is one of the mistakes Mularkey and Co. intend to address. We lost today because we didn't make any big plays.

Guest BackInDaDay
Hopefully taking some shots down the field is one of the mistakes Mularkey and Co. intend to address. We lost today because we didn't make any big plays.

28223[/snapback]

Why?

Not to bust your ball$, but this exactly the type of thing that Mularkey & Co. will have to have an answer for.

Im NOT one to argue with folks like Mark and Tom who have watching this team for MUCH longer than I have and were there (I wasnt).

BUT IMHO, YOU GUYS ARE WAY OFF HERE.

What was seen on TV was MUCH different. What I saw on my TV was a team that played hard. The playcalling was solid and the team gave effort. Mularkey and his new staff seemed to be in control. It got sloppy in parts and obviously, the defense on the last drive was not good. But the team WAS playing...the effort WAS there....at least where I was watching from, 300 miles away. :blink:

And frankly. Im a little sick and tired of the Chuck Dickerson-type "The Bills suck, fire everyone, the NFL is against us, bench the QB for ANYONE else, I wish it was 1991!!!" posts that seem to follow every_single_loss this team endures from a myriad of folks. And GUARANTEED that if that last play wound up as an incompletion, this thread wouldnt even exist.

Just my 2 cents.

Guest BackInDaDay
Im NOT one to argue with folks like Mark and Tom who have watching this team for MUCH longer than I have and were there (I wasnt).

BUT IMHO, YOU GUYS ARE WAY OFF HERE.

What was seen on TV was MUCH different. What I saw on my TV was a team that played hard. The playcalling was solid and the team gave effort. Mularkey and his new staff seemed to be in control. It got sloppy in parts and obviously, the defense on the last drive was not good. But the team WAS playing...the effort WAS there....at least where I was watching from, 300 miles away.  :blink:

And frankly. Im a little sick and tired of the Chuck Dickerson-type "The Bills suck, fire everyone, the NFL is against us, bench the QB for ANYONE else, I wish it was 1991!!!" posts that seem to follow every_single_loss this team endures from a myriad of folks. And GUARANTEED that if that last play wound up as an incompletion, this thread wouldnt even exist.

Just my 2 cents.

28244[/snapback]

Refuse to quit on your team after one loss? Don't you know we're DOOOOOMED?

It makes you feel better to hear that your team has no heart?  :blink:

Or do you presume his opinion to be the more credible one because his pessimism echos your own?

28222[/snapback]

Thank you! Give this man a harrrumph!

I cannot believe all this bullshiet about this team being populated with losers and having no heart.

The effort was definitely there throughout this game.

The offense will improve. For crissake, this is a brand new offense with a brand new OC and a brand new philosophy. I am as unhappy as anyone over the mistakes by the offense and the seeming inability to recover from them. But like it or not, this is one of the hazards of a new HC and a new offensive coaching staff. It is going to take some time for Clements to get comfortable with what this offense can do in what situations. It is going to take Bledsoe time to know which options are likely going to be there under what circumstances. It is going to take time for the individuals on the offense to become comfortable with what these plays look like against unpredictable live defenses as opposed to our defense. It will take some on-field trial and error to work out kinks and adjust blocking when a defense does something unpredictable. etc. etc.

The problem with any offense is to find a rhythm of plays that are complementary and are particularly effective against defensive alignments. In the second half, there was a definite opening up of the offense as time went on, but I still felt they lacked confidence when something went wrong from which they had to recover, such as Villarial's holding penalty.

Drew has clearly bought into this philosophy and offense, even though he is still not totally comfortable in it. But I find it incredibly encouraging that he is getting that damn ball out of there quickly. When the plays and their options become more second nature to him and the receivers, look out!