Some very funny bledsoe comments

georg793

Quarterback Drew Bledsoe has been criticized throughout his career for being a statue in the pocket. But the 33-year-old Bledsoe proved he has some speed during Friday's conditioning test.

"He was running with Reggie Love," said safety Roy Williams, referring to the Cowboys' speedy rookie free-agent linebacker who played basketball at Duke. "You've gotta get excited about that."

Bledsoe has been sacked 140 times the past three seasons, but those sacks are often the result of him sacrificing his body to let a play develop rather than a lack of speed. Parcells called Bledsoe one of the three best-conditioned players on the team.

"People have this misconception of him not being able to run," Parcells said. "He actually is a pretty fast runner. He'll fool you."

maybe he can run, but the sacks are mostly from the lack of a thing called "pocket presence"

394806[/snapback]

Exactly. It's not about speed - he could outrun 99. 99% of the "athlete/critics on this Board, with or without a beer in their hand. But. does he "see it coming"?

you know I gotta admit, Drew was pretty fast when he was our QB. I've never seen a guy go from vertical to horizontal quicker.

394846[/snapback]

Without sounding like a troll, when we Patriots fans said the same things when DB first came to Buffalo (statue, lack of pocket presence) we were roundly criticized. Now you know what we talking about and soon so will Cowboys' fans.

Just my $0.02,

I live in Texas and have to hear about how Drew is going to save this team and take them back to post-season glory everyday. I am just glad we Bills fans never thought Drew was the second coming 0:) I love the fact that the Cowboys 26-38 record over the last four years is going to be turned around by a guy whos teams have gone a stellar 28-36 during his last four years as a full time starter.

Quarterback Drew Bledsoe has been criticized throughout his career for being a statue in the pocket. But the 33-year-old Bledsoe proved he has some speed during Friday's conditioning test.

"He was running with Reggie Love," said safety Roy Williams, referring to the Cowboys' speedy rookie free-agent linebacker who played basketball at Duke. "You've gotta get excited about that."

Bledsoe has been sacked 140 times the past three seasons, but those sacks are often the result of him sacrificing his body to let a play develop rather than a lack of speed. Parcells called Bledsoe one of the three best-conditioned players on the team.

"People have this misconception of him not being able to run," Parcells said. "He actually is a pretty fast runner. He'll fool you."

394802[/snapback]

Yeah, well Parcells is right about one thing, he'll definitely "fool you."

More funny Drew stuff for your entertainment.

Need BugMeNot for this link

Posted on Sun, Jul. 31, 2005

Bledsoe eager to create own Cowboy legend

By Jennifer Floyd Engel

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

OXNARD, Calif. - Quarterback Drew Bledsoe looked like John Wayne as he took the field for the Cowboys' first practice of training camp Saturday morning.

He didn't so much walk as swagger.

<snip>

"When he is the coolest and best is when he is getting beat up," said UT-El Paso coach Mike Price, who coached Bledsoe at Washington State and remains a good friend.

<snip>

"I am motivated by trying to do everything I can here, do that for three or four years, tip my cap and ride off into the sunset with my Super Bowl ring," Bledsoe said.

It is an exit worthy of The Duke himself.

Maybe we should have been letting him run more on third and three situations!

394978[/snapback]

one of teh best plays from last year played to Drew's tendencies.

On short yardage, Drew took a few steps towards teh line and looked like he was stumbling (which for Drw was very believable) then pitched to Willis for a long gainer.

one of teh best plays from last year played to Drew's tendencies.

On short yardage, Drew took a few steps towards teh line and looked like he was stumbling (which for Drw was very believable) then pitched to Willis for a long gainer.

395549[/snapback]

Yeah, that and the fake time out, direct snap trick. I wonder what gadget plays we'll get from Mularkey this season.

you know I gotta admit, Drew was pretty fast when he was our QB. I've never seen a guy go from vertical to horizontal quicker.

394846[/snapback]

maybe you were, but not by me. I always knew his talents/tendancies. I took a "wait and see" approach with DB.

Now, may I cross this here bridge???? :doh:

Without sounding like a troll, when we Patriots fans said the same things when DB first came to Buffalo (statue, lack of pocket presence) we were roundly criticized. Now you know what we talking about and soon so will Cowboys' fans.

Just my $0.02,

394856[/snapback]

thats just because Patriot fans aren't welcome here!

Just my $0.02,

394856[/snapback]

No... I still think he (DB) can make things happen.

It might be the "Plunkett curse"... Except this time it may skip a generation (Buffalo).

Why would you not want the man to do well?

Flame away! I am such a cassandra!

:doh: