A few qiuck hits from today's session

1. Roscoe Parrish looks like he is going to be the real deal. He is scary fast and caught every ball thrown his way today. Although, Jabari Greer ran him down on a long pass play.

2. JP still looked rusty to me. He was off on most of his longer passes, but he was also running for his life most of the day in 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 drills.

3. The O-line looked like the O-line has looked, not very impressive as of yet. There does not seem to be much depth there as the backups were getting pushed around by the D during their one on one drills.

4. Willis is looking better than last year from what I can tell. He was just bursting through whatever holes there were and he put one hell of a shake and bake move on a defender out in the open field that would have sprung him for a long TD.

5. Coy Wire looks like a man on a mission. He threw some big hits and especially one on George Wilson where he laid him out just after the ball arrived. Amazingly, Wilson hung on to the ball.

6. On one play where JP was being rushed by 3 defenders, Josh Stamer hit him and the O-line guys were not to pleased by that. Josh went over and gave JP a I'm sorry pat on the head. Thanks Josh, remember TV last year???

7. There were two mini scraps that I saw, but the coaches were very quick to break them up.

8. I say this every year, but this was a very intense practice and the players look very hungry out there.

9. One last note. If Crumrie does not settle down a little, he is going to have a heart attack. He is the most intense guy on the field.

If the O-line can get there poop in a group and JP can shake the rust off, this team will look very good. The O-line is what worries me. I'm just hoping that with the new guys here they will get better with time.

So in your opinion, JP is just rusty.  You are expecting him to improve fairly quickly as camp progresses?

394647[/snapback]

JP himself says he is rusty and it looks like he is. Maybe he just sucks. We will soon find out. Sorry for stating my opinion.

JP himself says he is rusty and it looks like he is.  Maybe he just sucks.  We will soon find out.  Sorry for stating my opinion.

394653[/snapback]

lmao.....thanks for the report!

Thanks for the report. I would be surprised if Losman is very successful in his first go-around. There is just way too much pressure on this kid. This Bills team is built to compete now and patience will be at a minimum from players and fans when Losman struggles early on as all young QB's inevitably do. People want to point to Roethlisberger as a rookie QB that performed well but he was thrust into a starting role due to an injury and had nothing to lose. Maybe I'm just toning down my expectations, but I really think Holcomb will take over early in the season. And I cringe every time I see Losman having to critique and talk about every single pass he throws in practice.

Thanks.  Any impressions of Tony Brown, UDFA WR from Tennessee?

394670[/snapback]

Actually, all the WRs had a pretty good day, but Parrish stood out among them. Brown did have one drop that I saw and you could tell he was upset about it, but all in all he was ok.

If the O-line can get there poop in a group and JP can shake the rust off, this team will look very good.  The O-line is what worries me.  I'm just hoping that with the new guys here they will get better with time.

Hasn't this pretty much been the story of this team for the past 4-6 years (minimum)?

CW

JP himself says he is rusty and it looks like he is.  Maybe he just sucks.  We will soon find out.  Sorry for stating my opinion.

394653[/snapback]

Oh no! Don't take it the wrong way at all. I wasn't trying to be smart or anything.

I was just trying to see if you thought it was just rust, or he wasn't good. I'm very pro-Losman!

>>>>9. One last note. If Crumrie does not settle down a little, he is going to have a heart attack. He is the most intense guy on the field.<<<<

I would not be surprised if Coach Krumrie wore a winter coat on a 90 degree, humid day. He wears no coat on game days when it is 20 degrees.

He is probably the toughest man alive. He is SO intense, I don't know if he will ever move up to be a DC.

What I DO know is that I am delighted to have this maniac as a coach on the Buffalo Bills Football Team. 0:)

Wrong. This has been the story for more than a decade.  0:)

394685[/snapback]

Come on, Bill. You know that you can easily find good OL late in the draft, don't you? Those guys are a dime a dozen. And that coaching staff can make any 300lb fat guy into a quality OL.

Or not. We hear this crap every year and the Bills always field a weak OL.

Oh no!  Don't take it the wrong way at all.  I wasn't trying to be smart or anything.

I was just trying to see if you thought it was just rust, or he wasn't good.  I'm very pro-Losman!

394683[/snapback]

Sorry man. 0:)

I don't see how he could be SO rusty with all the time he has put in. Maybe he was spending too much time studying and not enough time throwing. I really hope he shakes it of and starts to get the timing down with these guys. He definitely has the right attitude.

>>>>9. One last note. If Crumrie does not settle down a little, he is going to have a heart attack. He is the most intense guy on the field.<<<<

I would not be surprised if Coach Krumrie wore a winter coat on a 90 degree, humid day. He wears no coat on game days when it is 20 degrees.

He is probably the toughest man alive. He is SO intense, I don't know if he will ever move up to be a DC.

What I DO know is that I am delighted to have this maniac as a coach on the Buffalo Bills Football Team.  0:)

394687[/snapback]

That's funny because today he was in long pants and a long sleeve shirt, while all the other personell were in shorts and short sleeves .

Sorry man.  0:) 

I don't see how he could be SO rusty with all the time he has put in.  Maybe he was spending too much time studying and not enough time throwing.  I really hope he shakes it of and starts to get the timing down with these guys.  He definitely has the right attitude.

I posted this in another thread, but Tom Brady has looked rusty. It happens.

FWIW I was at the AM practice and atleast what I saw of him he didn't look rusty at all throwing. He did get out of the pocket a little quick on some plays which troubled me but he accurately completed just about every pass play that was attempted in the 7 on 7's, 11 on 11's. He can really fire the ball in there as well.

5.  Coy Wire looks like a man on a mission.  He threw some big hits and especially one on George Wilson where he laid him out just after the ball arrived.  Amazingly, Wilson hung on to the ball. 

394643[/snapback]

Oh, great. So you're saying that Wire covered some guy named George "camp fodder" Wilson about as well as he's covered NFL receivers in the past. Great.

Oh, great.  So you're saying that Wire covered some guy named George "camp fodder" Wilson about as well as he's covered NFL receivers in the past.  Great.

394895[/snapback]

LOL. i love the camp reports, but the cliches and conclusions drawn from these practices are quite amusing.

all i hope to hear from camp on a daily basis is, "no significant injuries to report."

that said, please keep the first-hand accounts coming. 0:)