All Time Favorite Bills Moment

too many favorite moments to list.

however some that come to my mind:

Joe Ferguson to Hooks Hail Mary against the Pats.

Jim Kelly running it in against the Dolphins.

And there is another moment that is kind of forgotten. I am almost certain it was 1990....the Bills kinda of made a lot of noise in the off-season and pre-season games about going into the regular season not using the Hurry Up Offense quite so extensively. Then in the opener against the Colts, before the opening drive Kelly brings the team almost in slow motion out to the first huddle...they break the huddle even slower....and from the first snap on they run the opening drive in the "No Hudlde".....the fans went absolutely nuts and the feeling in the stands was so electric i will never forget it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And then there was this itme in Orlando when JK was tossing a hat to some chump, and I ran in and whammo, It was like I won the lottery!!!!  Just kidding, I have never been to Orlando.

Please, don't kill me.

389298[/snapback]

That's DAMN funny. Good laugh to start the day.

Tell ya what, and I know im going to get hammered, but RJ throwing a bomb to Eric on the first play agaisnt the niners to ignite a home win and get us off the schneid. Yes, Flutie took over from there, but damn seeing that first play bomb from RJ(who I still was very high on) was just awesome.

Remeber so well as that was the only game I got to that year

389320[/snapback]

I saved a picture from the next day's paper.. It's Moulds bringing the ball in w/ Antonio Langham fading into the unemployment line.. :)

The entire second half of the 51-3 game.  The Bills were actually going to the Super Bowl....it was like losing your virginity.

389567[/snapback]

Ya know, taken in its entirity(sp) that whole day probably qualifies. The parking lots were unbelievable ,the extra security at the gate, the flyover, my brother and me both crying at the national anthem and then the game. Can remember walking out of the stadium with a feeling only rivaled when we finally beat the Dolphins

Along the lines of 'moments' and not necessarily plays:

There was a moment during the 51-3 game - I'll never forget just standing there while everybody's just going absolutely bonkers crazy - like a big party (and the game wasn't even close to being over) - looking around amidst all the unbridled joy and thinking "We're going to the freaking Super Bowl!" - it was surreal.

The Thurmanator running for 150+ yards on the fish and running over and knocking down the Fish Defensive coordinator Olivadotti on the sidelines. That was classic.

Me and Jim Kelly playing blackjack together.

Jim Kelly breaking a corner's legs by tackling him after a pick.

Brian Cox unable to stop Thurman on a two yard punch that sealed the game for us.

That was glorious.

December 7, 1980...Freddy Smerlas leads teammates back onto the field to dance with Jills after OT win over Rams. I can still remember the scene at Rich 25 years ago...christ, I'm getting old. Folks dancing in the aisles to the tune of "Talkin' Proud."

That was such a great year...and if Bills win that game in SD, the AFC championship would have been at HOME vs. Oakland...think the Raiders would have had a chance? :)

Alot of "what-ifs" that year...losing to Baltimore twice and Atlanta at home cost all-important home field. Bills win one of those three games, and it would have been off to the Super Bowl.

December 7, 1980...Freddy Smerlas leads teammates back onto the field to dance with Jills after OT win over Rams.  I can still remember the scene at Rich 25 years ago...christ, I'm getting old.  Folks dancing in the aisles to the tune of "Talkin' Proud."

That was such a great year...and if Bills win that game in SD, the AFC championship would have been at HOME vs. Oakland...think the Raiders would have had a chance?  :)

Alot of "what-ifs" that year...losing to Baltimore twice and Atlanta at home cost all-important home field.  Bills win one of those three games, and it would have been off to the Super Bowl.

389578[/snapback]

another grat freakin time at Rich

Some douchebag jumped in front of me and snagged the hat away, then jumped up and down like he won the lottery and took off.  I tucked tail and went home, secretly plotting to kill that person at some point in my life.

It's almost time.

389229[/snapback]

Let me know if you need any help :)

Bebe punching the ball away from Lett. It said to the world that even with defeat all but inevitable the Bills would never quit.

389297[/snapback]

That's my favorite moment. That single play is the essence of the bills super bowl teams... Beaten to a pulp, but never ever giving up. Makes me cry to this day.

Mine was probably Sep 30. 1990. Bills were getting kicked around by Denver down by 3 Td's.

It was an unusually cool day, and at one end zone some snow flurries started from a lonely cloud and the stadium just exploded with cheering. It seemed to spark the Bills, they scored 3 TD's in 77 seconds to win 29-28.

At least that is how I remember it.

That's my favorite moment.  That single play is the essence of the bills super bowl teams...  Beaten to a pulp, but never ever giving up.  Makes me cry to this day.

389589[/snapback]

Yea, wish I coulda learned from them. Was at the game but was starting to actually feel ill the way they were playing and left before that play.

The Thurmanator running for 150+ yards on the fish and running over and knocking down the Fish Defensive coordinator Olivadotti on the sidelines. That was classic.

Me and Jim Kelly playing blackjack together.

Jim Kelly breaking a corner's legs by tackling him after a pick.

Brian Cox unable to stop Thurman on a two yard punch that sealed the game for us.

That was glorious.

389576[/snapback]

1. Thurman's run, I'm pretty sure, was on 4th down and sealed a PLAYOFF win against Miami. Also pretty sure that was Shula's last game. Very high up on my list.

2. Maybe even higher: Jimbo's run on the QB draw at the gun to beat Miami down there in '88 (or was it '89?). And if anyone has a tape or DVD of that game, I'd be very grateful to hear about it.

3. Another huge Miami win: Flutie's first year, we're down 24-14 in the 4th quarter in the Ralph, and Miami has the #1 defense in the NFL at that point. Long bomb to Moulds to get close, then that CS Jimmy Johnson goes for it on 4th-and-1 from Miami's own 20-yard-line or so. We stuff them and the Ralph goes crazy. Unbelievable. We go on for a huge win.

4. The great Jerry Butler catching the ball behind a Pittsburgh DB's head in the end zone in the snow.

5. Bills 34, SF 31. Zero punts.

6. A 5-hour tailgate before each home opener, followed by the electric anticipation of walking into the stadium.

2.  Maybe even higher:  Jimbo's run on the QB draw at the gun to beat Miami down there in '88 (or was it '89?).  And if anyone has a tape or DVD of that game, I'd be very grateful to hear about it.

389657[/snapback]

I have a Jim Kelly doll that "talks" about that run. It's cool in that "it's still a doll" kind of way.

Doug Flutie running it into the endzone on a busted play with a few seconds left to beat the Jags.

Neither moment as epic as our SB years...but damn, both were fun.

389216[/snapback]

Yep, I remember that moment like it was yesterday. I was in college at the time and was sitting in the car listening to the game while waiting outside the laundromat. I was yelling so hard the people inside the laundromat were staring at me.

1.  Thurman's run, I'm pretty sure, was on 4th down and sealed a PLAYOFF win against Miami.  Also pretty sure that was Shula's last game.  Very high up on my list.

2.  Maybe even higher:  Jimbo's run on the QB draw at the gun to beat Miami down there in '88 (or was it '89?).  And if anyone has a tape or DVD of that game, I'd be very grateful to hear about it.

3.  Another huge Miami win:  Flutie's first year, we're down 24-14 in the 4th quarter in the Ralph, and Miami has the #1 defense in the NFL at that point.  Long bomb to Moulds to get close, then that CS Jimmy Johnson goes for it on 4th-and-1 from Miami's own 20-yard-line or so.  We stuff them and the Ralph goes crazy.  Unbelievable.  We go on for a huge win.

4.  The great Jerry Butler catching the ball behind a Pittsburgh DB's head in the end zone in the snow.

5.  Bills 34, SF 31.  Zero punts.

6.  A 5-hour tailgate before each home opener, followed by the electric anticipation of walking into the stadium.

389657[/snapback]

I almost forgot: 1989, Rams at Bills on MNF. Bills trail the entire game. Late drive. Andre Reed, at his peak, carries 3 guys on his back for about 10 yards into

the end zone to force OT, where we go on to win.

1. 51-3. Nuff said

2. Kelly's run to the win against the fish.

3. JJ saying on national tv after we spanked them (late 90's, not sure the year or the score) " they just kicked our Butts today."

4. The Comeback. I will never forget the image of my Uncle, a life long bills fan, Pacing back and forth in my backyard for the entire second half. He wasn't watching the game as the comback started, and he didn't want to jinx it, so he never did "see" the comeback. He would jump up and down as I would scream after each score, but he wouldn't come in and watch the game. Very surreal...