Hi, from the new guy!

I think you better change your name, because *I* am the #1 Columbus Bills Fan.

But welcome anyway.

384330[/snapback]

Great, got the queen B ticked off already. :doh: Been nice knowing you new guy formerly known as #1 Columbus Bills Fan. Your stay was short, but your worth immeasurable. RIP

Great, got the queen B ticked off already. :doh:  Been nice knowing you new guy formerly known as #1 Columbus Bills Fan.  Your stay was short, but your worth immeasurable.  RIP

384360[/snapback]

Well, I WAS here first.

Hi, I am new to this MB.  I have read many funny posts and replies and have decided to join the action.

384324[/snapback]

Welcome to the board. Your Buckeyes have some very talented players that should make things interesting this season. Ted Ginn is quite an athlete! But, I think my Penn State Nittany Lions got themselves a great one also in Derrick Williams. I'm interested to see if he can have the kind of impact for PSU that Ginn had for OSU last year.

The best band and the best team?  A USC Trojans fan I see.

384421[/snapback]

Best band? Hardly. Both OSU and USC have great bands, but if you've ever seen bands from Texas Southern, Florida A&M, or Bethune Cookman, you'd know they are far superior to either OSU or USC's band. Their teams aren't as good, but their bands are better, because in most cases, the bands are the main reason people go to their games.

Best band?  Hardly.  Both OSU and USC have great bands, but if you've ever seen bands from Texas Southern, Florida A&M, or Bethune Cookman, you'd know they are far superior to either OSU or USC's band.  Their teams aren't as good, but their bands are better, because in most cases, the bands are the main reason people go to their games.

384459[/snapback]

Every band is different, so you can't judge them all in one group. FAMU, Grambling and Southern and traditional audience dancing bands, OSU is a drum corp military band. These two are so different its night and day. But here's my short list of great college bands:

OSU (Dot that i)

FSU (Marching Chiefs, and my alma mater, the original Seminole Chop)

FAMU (Marching 100 is a great show, and with all their proabtion, the only reason to go to games)

Tennessee (Rocky Top!)

ok... I'll put it here reluctantly UM (Michigan, ever see Miami's band? You can laugh them off the field)

USC Trojans (Hail Troy)

Texas

If I left off anyone, my apologies, but I'm working off memory...and pain killers.

Welcome #1Columbus. saw your team in person at the '98 Sugar Bowl... The one play I remember is seeing Joe Germaine get laid out byAndre Wadsworth... blindside hit. Gotta love those.

Every band is different, so you can't judge them all in one group. FAMU, Grambling and Southern and traditional audience dancing bands, OSU is a drum corp military band. These two are so different its night and day. But here's my short list of great college bands:

OSU (Dot that i)

FSU (Marching Chiefs, and my alma mater, the original Seminole Chop)

FAMU (Marching 100 is a great show, and with all their proabtion, the only reason to go to games)

Tennessee (Rocky Top!)

ok... I'll put it here reluctantly UM (Michigan, ever see Miami's band? You can laugh them off the field)

USC Trojans (Hail Troy)

Texas

If I left off anyone, my apologies, but I'm working off memory...and pain killers.

Welcome #1Columbus. saw your team in person at the '98 Sugar Bowl... The one play I remember is seeing Joe Germaine get laid out byAndre Wadsworth... blindside hit. Gotta love those.

384535[/snapback]

Point taken. They are different, but I prefer the bands like FAMU'S Marching 100 or Texas Southern's Ocean of Soul because it's not only good instrumentalists, they put on shows that far surpass anything USC or OSU does. To each his own, I suppose.

Point taken.  They are different, but I prefer the bands like FAMU'S Marching 100 or Texas Southern's Ocean of Soul because it's not only good instrumentalists, they put on shows that far surpass anything USC or OSU does.  To each his own, I suppose.

384580[/snapback]

IIRC the Warren G. Harding High School Marching Band from Warren, Ohio was the halftime feature in the early days at War Memorial Stadium.

IIRC the Warren G. Harding High School Marching Band from Warren, Ohio was the halftime feature in the early days at War Memorial Stadium.

384584[/snapback]

I can't recall if it was when Psycho Ward 86 and I attended the Browns @ Steelers game or if it was one of the Bills games @ RICH that I went to last year, but there was a band from around this area that played. I think they were from Milford Mill Academy, which is in the Baltimore area.

Speaking of bands in stadiums:

The Who has to rank as the greatest stadium band of all time. Sure they have no "i" to dot, but I don't see OSU smashing instruments when they're done.

Also, Duke's band at hoops games has some decent tricks when the other team is shooting free throws, but it's still Duke so you have to hate 'em.

I'm from Columbus and a music education major at THE Ohio State University. Yes, Spoons is a Bills Backers Club but it is a 21 only bar. I am under 21 so I am out of luck. Oh, and by the way...they don't call the OSUMB "The Best Damn Band in the Land," for no reason. :doh:

You have been officially welcomed now....

But....

Do we know who you REALLY are?

(It's a little too quiet - might be a trick)

384639[/snapback]

:lol:

Glad you didn't say anything about me flirting with fresh meat. :doh:

........'cause my heart belongs to you. :lol:

Speaking of bands in stadiums:

The Who has to rank as the greatest stadium band of all time.  Sure they have no "i" to dot, but I don't see OSU smashing instruments when they're done.

384603[/snapback]

We used to do that, but it gets expensive... 400+ band members and a 12 game season. And we dont get pais like the Who either.

Also, Duke's band at hoops games has some decent tricks when the other team is shooting free throws, but it's still Duke so you have to hate 'em.

384603[/snapback]

Basketball bands are a whole different animal, and one I love as well. In that case, Duke ranks up there... Hell, the whole Cameron experience is crazy.