Michael Moore's Minute Men Strike Again

I guess the "insurgents" have more on their agenda than getting the U.S. to leave Iraq:

"At least 26 Iraqis, almost all of them children, have been killed by a suicide car bombing in south-eastern Baghdad. A US soldier is also said to have died in the blast. Another three US soldiers are reported to have been injured.

A car drove up to a US army vehicle and blew up as troops gave sweets to the children, a witness said.

Hundreds of Iraqis have died in attacks by militants opposed to the US presence and a Shia-led government that took charge in Baghdad earlier this year.

"Many Iraqi civilians, mostly children, were around the Humvee at the time of the blast," US military spokesman Sgt David Abrams told the Reuters news agency.

"Suddenly a suicide car bomber drove round from a side street and blew himself up," he said."

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Googled Michael Moore minute men and got this :

In his own words

"...The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not "insurgents" or "terrorists" or "The Enemy." They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow -- and they will win. Get it, Mr. Bush?..."

This is directly from michaelmoore.com.

I Googled  Michael Moore minute men and got this :

In his own words

"...The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not "insurgents" or "terrorists" or "The Enemy." They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow -- and they will win. Get it, Mr. Bush?..."

This is directly from michaelmoore.com.

380987[/snapback]

Michael Moore = France

I wonder if young kids died during the upheaval we call the American Revoultion?

Think the Tory/loyalist families still in the colonies were met with peace?

Judging from human nature, I bet they were terrorized.

Not saying it is right... Just saying this sh*t has been going on forever.

To only think that this stuff is new is quite naive?

While I despise Michael Moore, and what he said was collosally stupid, ill-advised, and ignorant, what he said and was talking about were the Iraqi citizens, not the terrorists and al qaeda guys and foreign fighters in Iraq. These blasts look like the terrorists, although one cannot tell.

I assume from your title that MM actually refered to the insurgents as minute men?

380960[/snapback]

Yep. Right there on his website. Right before he was given a seat of honor at the Democratic National Convention next to Jimmuh Cartuh.

The only thing worse than MM is people who embrace him.

While I despise Michael Moore, and what he said was collosally stupid, ill-advised, and ignorant, what he said and was talking about were the Iraqi citizens, not the terrorists and al qaeda guys and foreign fighters in Iraq. These blasts look like the terrorists, although one cannot tell.

:) Thank you. It's so important to understand the nuances by parsing his ignorant rantings to explain he didn't mean the terrorists were minutemen, he didn't mean the AQ were minutemen, he didn't mean the foreigners fighting US troops in Iraq were minutemen, no no - he meant the Iraqis who are fighting US troops who are not bombing mosques and killing civilians are the modern day equivalent of revolutionary war minutemen, throwing off the yoke of an imperialist government.

It's all so much clearer now. Good point, keep up the good work.

Yep.  Right there on his website.  Right before he was given a seat of honor at the Democratic National Convention next to Jimmuh Cartuh.

The only thing worse than MM is people who embrace him.

381008[/snapback]

Wow!

I knew the guy was rabid anti-Bush, but that is a little too much...

:) Thank you. It's so important to understand the nuances by parsing his ignorant rantings to explain he didn't mean the terrorists were minutemen, he didn't mean the AQ were minutemen, he didn't mean the foreigners fighting US troops in Iraq were minutemen, no no - he meant the Iraqis who are fighting US troops who are not bombing mosques and killing civilians are the modern day equivalent of revolutionary war minutemen, throwing off the yoke of an imperialist government.

It's all so much clearer now. Good point, keep up the good work.

381046[/snapback]

Actually, it is important. It's important because the idiots on the other side of the aisle, almost as big of idiots as MM himself I might add, will use his criminally stupid comments to say things like "liberals think terrorists are minutemen" - when as far as I can tell, exactly NONE of them think that or have said that, and as far as I can tell, only ONE of them think the Iraqi nationals blowing up people are minutemen.

So, yes, it is very important to make the distinction of what one assshole said, when you asssholes misquote him, and apply what he said to 100 million people who don't believe they are minutemen as much as you don't believe they are minutemen.

Actually, it is important. It's important because the idiots on the other side of the aisle, almost as big of idiots as MM himself I might add, will use his criminally stupid comments to say things like "liberals think terrorists are minutemen" - when as far as I can tell, exactly NONE of them think that or have said that, and as far as I can tell, only ONE of them think the Iraqi nationals blowing up people are minutemen.

So, yes, it is very important to make the distinction of what one assshole said, when you asssholes misquote him, and apply what he said to 100 million people who don't believe they are minutemen as much as you don't believe they are minutemen.

381059[/snapback]

Trying to clarify what MM "meant to say" is different from saying that basically no one (except his retarded fans) on the left agrees with him.

He said exactly what he meant. The guys we're fighting in Iraq, the same people killing kids and people standing in line for jobs, are his "Minute Men". Let him live with it.

Trying to clarify what MM "meant to say" is different from saying that basically no one (except his retarded fans) on the left agrees with him.

He said exactly what he meant.  The guys we're fighting in Iraq, the same people killing kids and people standing in line for jobs, are his "Minute Men".  Let him live with it.

381064[/snapback]

He did say what he meant to say. His opponents, including you, are implying and saying something he clearly didnt say, and he didnt mean to say. He didnt say they they were his minutemen. He didnt say he likes them. He didnt say he wants them to win. He didnt say he thinks they are right, or on the right side. There is a huge difference between saying Iraqi nationals are killing people they think invaded their country because they are patriotic, and saying Al Qaeda and al Zarqawi and foreign terrorists paid to kill Americans are killing people because they are patriotic. There is a very big difference. One may be true, at least to some degree. The other is without question not true.

He did say what he meant to say. His opponents, including you, are implying and saying something he clearly didnt say, and he didnt mean to say. He didnt say they they were his minutemen. He didnt say he likes them. He didnt say he wants them to win. He didnt say he thinks they are right, or on the right side. There is a huge difference between saying Iraqi nationals are killing people they think invaded their country because they are patriotic, and saying Al Qaeda and al Zarqawi and foreign terrorists paid to kill Americans are killing people because they are patriotic. There is a very big difference. One may be true, at least to some degree. The other is without question not true.

381076[/snapback]

I could care less what he didn't say - worry about what he did say. Iraqis who "rise up" against the "occupation." I'd say many of the most murderous people in Iraq right now were there before the war started.

If he wants to compare them to the men who fought to give the U.S. it's independence, that's his problem. I'm glad it's right there on his website for all the world to see.

Holy horrible semantic argument, Batman.

381084[/snapback]

No, you're dead wrong on this one. There is an enormous difference between the two concepts. In fact, they are almost on completely opposite sides of the spectrum. Far, far closer to that, at least, than they are to being on the same side.

I could care less what he didn't say - worry about what he did say.  Iraqis who "rise up" against the "occupation."  I'd say many of the most murderous people in Iraq right now were there before the war started.

If he wants to compare them to the men who fought to give the U.S. it's independence, that's his problem.  I'm glad it's right there on his website for all the world to see.

381085[/snapback]

Yeah, "IRAQIS" who rise up.

Yeah, but he didn't say he liked them.  Like that means anything when he's comparing them to the founding fathers.   :)

381087[/snapback]

You're using his quote to say and imply he supports them. He wants them to kill Americans. He wants these terrorists to win. He thinks of them as heroes. He didn't say that or imply that or infer that whatsoever, and I very, very much doubt he wants that. Regardless of how big a friggin' assshole he is, because I dislike him as much as you do. I wouldn't mind one of those minutemen sticking a musket up his ass. I am responding to your guys misuse of what he said and what he implied and what he meant.

lemme see, take a quote from last year, wait until the insurgency tactics

change to attack civilians, apply them to today, and get mad at Michael Moore

for what he said last year in reference to what happened today.

Can I play too?

381092[/snapback]

Radical Islam was different last year?

Reagan said something favorable about the Taliban RE: the GWOT?  Was it on his website?

Link?

381108[/snapback]

Reagan in the early 80's called Afghans fighting the soviets- who

were a radical islamic Muhajadeen- "Freedom Fighters".

The Muhajadeen now fire at Americans.

Reagan was wrong to call these people "Freedom Fighters"

Where's the outrage!!!

Michael Moore calls Iraqi's fighting the occupation Revolutionaries, or

"Minutemen"(a poor choice of words for connotation), last year and

it is applied to suicide bombers today (isn't it a little hard for a suicide

bomber to be a revolutionary?) and everybody is outraged.

Forgive me if I think this is silly - and of course the Reagan stuff was in

jest - but this is really silly.

...but this is really silly.

It's not silly, it's "important"! Because there's "idiots" who don't like MM, and they quoted something stupid he said! And I won't stand for it! He doesn't actually like the forces fighting and killing our soldiers - he doesn't want them to win, even though he says they will - he just compared them to the heroes who risked their lives to found our nation because, because ... GAAAAHHH! :)

It's not silly, it's "important"! Because there's "idiots" who don't like MM, and they quoted something stupid he said! And I won't stand for it! He doesn't actually like the forces fighting and killing our soldiers - he doesn't want them to win, even though he says they will - he just compared them to the heroes who risked their lives to found our nation because, because ... GAAAAHHH!  :)

381127[/snapback]

The silly part is pairing a story about a suicide bomber killing

26 people TODAY when you really want to discuss what Michael Moore

said 13 months ago. That is my point.

It's not silly, it's "important"! Because there's "idiots" who don't like MM, and they quoted something stupid he said! And I won't stand for it! He doesn't actually like the forces fighting and killing our soldiers - he doesn't want them to win, even though he says they will - he just compared them to the heroes who risked their lives to found our nation because, because ... GAAAAHHH!  :lol:

381127[/snapback]

You're right. When you're right, you're right. Reading comprehension and being ingenuous is completely unimportant. Why bother. You clearly don't. :)

You're right. When you're right, you're right. Reading comprehension and being ingenuous is completely unimportant. Why bother. You clearly don't.  :)

What can I say, when the topic is the feather-lightweight intellect of a superheavyweight, I see no reason to take it seriously. Feel the wind, plank! :lol:

381002[/snapback]

The blast look like terrorists? Duh, you think so?

And who do you think the US is fighting over there?

The average Iraq on the street?

Don't think so.

It's all those lovely Jihad Johnies from places like Syria, Yemen, etc...

Isn't lucky for the Iraq people have these !@#$s to come rescue them from US, who were opening a "WATER TREATMENT PLANT"!! My god, we are evil!!

I am sure blwoing up all their kids on PURPOSE will really help them out.

And don't think for a second this sh-- wouldn't be going on if the US wasn't there. It would be ten times worse if Saddam was killed by Kurds or Shites.

If the Iraqs didn't believe in what we we doing, they will be signing up by the thousands to policeman and soliders, risking their lives in the process

Don't think so.

381153[/snapback]

Exactly! The ones that Michael Moore was NOT talking about. Jesus, the retard rodeo is in full swing today.

Don't think so.

381153[/snapback]

I didn't think Kelly was going to get you to agree so quickly.

Reagan in the early 80's called Afghans fighting the soviets- who

were a radical islamic Muhajadeen- "Freedom Fighters".

The Muhajadeen now fire at Americans.

Reagan was wrong to call these people "Freedom Fighters"

381114[/snapback]

Regardless of your being in jest, I have to point out that the Afghan Mujahadeen was a lot more complex than the US supporting everyone against the USSR.

And technically, the Taliban didn't even exist until about 1994 or so...Reagan couldn't have supported them without inventing time travel.

Regardless of your being in jest, I have to point out that the Afghan Mujahadeen was a lot more complex than the US supporting everyone against the USSR. 

And technically, the Taliban didn't even exist until about 1994 or so...Reagan couldn't have supported them without inventing time travel.

381167[/snapback]

Thanks. There was a time I read all I could on the Mujahadeen.

Quite a fascinating war. BTW Rambo was there for a little bit

as well. Was it Rambo 4 or something?

381059[/snapback]

To the extent that one defines a "minuteman" as a patriot who fights to defend his homeland, in THEIR minds these insurgents are just that.

Naturally the right will @$## all over that, because to do otherwise is to admit that we ARE NOT WINNING.

I heard a woman screaming on at the scene today: "MY GOD, THE AMERICANS ARE BLOWING US UP." Doesn't matter that it's not true. It matters that they THINK it's true. And what will follow is more hatred against America and eventually the prophecy that Iraq harbors future terrorists will be very true.

So you wingnuts can take solace in the face that Bush was right after all.

Thanks. There was a time I read all I could on the Mujahadeen.

Quite a fascinating  war. BTW Rambo was there for a little bit

as well. Was it Rambo 4 or something?

381173[/snapback]

Rambo II: First Blood Part III. That's the one where he rams the helicopter with a tank. :D Not the worst movie I've ever seen...but easily the worst movie I've ever seen in the theater. Except maybe Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy this past spring...

Ghost Wars by Steven (or Stephen) Coll is a good read on the US (and Pakistani, and Saudi) involvement in Afghanistan from about '79 to '01. Taliban, by Ahmed Rashid, is another excellent book on the rise of the Tailban (Rashid's an excellent read in particular - he's a Pakistani journalist who's spent maybe two decades covering Afghanistan; great sources, great perspective, and very objective, particularly considering how close he is to events). I'm not going to claim those two books together can explain Afghanistan...but I will say that those books will demonstrate precisely how thoroughly !@#$ed up the politics of that region is.

Naturally the right will @$## all over that, because to do otherwise is to admit that we ARE NOT WINNING.

381179[/snapback]

How do you know what winning is? Or how can you say we are loosing?

Neither has been well defined. It is looking that loosing right now would

mean a failed state building project- and winning a successful state building

project- but I can't speak for my Commander in Cheif.