Pat Williams takes a shot at TD + company

Talonz

Vikings | Super Bowl Here We Come: P. Williams

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 06:14:11 -0700

Paul J. Letlow, of the News Star, reports Minnesota Vikings DT Pat Williams is very confident of the team's chances in 2005. "Oh, we're going to the Super Bowl," Williams said. "Mark that down. Tell everybody. 'We're going to the Super Bowl.' We'll be in Detroit." The team signed him to clog the middle along with All-Pro DT Kevin Williams. Williams was hurt when the Buffalo Bills did not re-sign him. "It was hard when they decided not to re-sign me," Williams said. "They hurt me some. But management there now isn't good." Williams likes the leadership in Minnesota saying the major free agent acquisitions by the Vikings are all leaders. Williams said he signed with Minnesota for a chance to get "the ring."

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't  get too excited yet Pat, last I looked Mike Tice is still the coach. Looking for another .500 season for the Purple People Eaters.

378452[/snapback]

Pat knew that by choosing the Vikes that he'll have a great shot at going to the Super Bowl this year....all he's got to do is buy some tickets from Tice.

Paul J. Letlow, of the News Star, reports Minnesota Vikings DT Pat Williams is very confident of the team's chances in 2005. "Oh, we're going to the Super Bowl," Williams said. "Mark that down. Tell everybody. 'We're going to the Super Bowl.' We'll be in Detroit." The team signed him to clog the middle along with All-Pro DT Kevin Williams. Williams was hurt when the Buffalo Bills did not re-sign him. "It was hard when they decided not to re-sign me," Williams said. "They hurt me some. But management there now isn't good." Williams likes the leadership in Minnesota saying the major free agent acquisitions by the Vikings are all leaders. Williams said he signed with Minnesota for a chance to get "the ring."

378449[/snapback]

Maybe Fat Pat doesn't realize he's in the NFC now! Even if his new team does make it to the SB, they'll just get creamed by whatever AFC team emerges out of the battlefield of a more dominating conference! :D

378449[/snapback]

fat, old , slow and studid is no way to go thru like, son. :D

So what's the big deal? Pat speaks the truth. Bills management sucks!! I mean after 4 years of Donahoe, what do we have? Not even .500. What's to argue? So all you optimists tell me is the glass less than half empty or is the glass almost half full?

If Fat Pat really thought management "was not good" in Buffalo then why would he be hurt when they didn't resign him? You'd think he would want to run as far away from Buffalo as he could. Now he's in Minnesota with an owner that mouths off at the team on occassion and a head coach that got caught scalping tickets for the Superbowl....a big NFL no no.

Fairly certain he's talking about overall record, because what happened years ago is what helps his argument.

So what's the argument dude??? Was Pat Williams talking about management "last year" or during his service under this regime? If his talking about management and the initial post was that he slammed Donahoe, so he was, then let's take a look at Donahoe's record with the Bills... I did the math and it's under .500. So, again, what's to argue?

So what's the argument dude??? Was Pat Williams talking about management "last year" or during his service under this regime?  If his talking about management and the initial post was that he slammed Donahoe, so he was,  then let's take a look at Donahoe's record with the Bills... I did the math and it's under .500.  So, again, what's to argue?

378546[/snapback]

First argument, dude, is that Pat Williams disappointment in management clearly had nothing to do with TD's W/L and everything to do with TD not giving him the money he felt he deserved. So if we gave Williams more money, the'd still be here. And then he wouldn't have a problem with management, would he?

His problem with management, if he really had one at all (which is clearly not evident in a conflicting statement like he made above) was about the money, not the win-loss record. If we gave him the money, he'd be standing in Buffalo right now saying "We're going to the Super Bowl next year."

But you see it as a way to judge TD based on W/L when it has absolutely, positively nothing to do with TD's W/L record. Not to mention that judging TD strictly on his W/L record is a terrible way to judge a football GM.

First argument, dude, is that Pat Williams disappointment in management clearly had nothing to do with TD's W/L and everything to do with TD not giving him the money he felt he deserved.  So if we gave Williams more money, the'd still be here. And then he wouldn't have a problem with management, would he?

His problem with management, if he really had one at all (which is clearly not evident in a conflicting statement like he made above) was about the money, not the win-loss record. If we gave him the money, he'd be standing in Buffalo right now saying "We're going to the Super Bowl next year."

But you see it as a way to judge TD based on W/L when it has absolutely, positively nothing to do with TD's W/L record. Not to mention that judging TD strictly on his W/L record is a terrible way to judge a football GM.

378554[/snapback]

But c'mon now, don't you know? Pat speaks the truth! :D

378554[/snapback]

Not from the paying public's perspective... :D