OT help with statistics

hey guys there are a lot of people on this forum so i was hoping someone that was good with statistics could help me with my assignment because im stuck not sure what to do

so if anyone knows how to answer this please reply

a legislator interested in measuring the variability in family incomes between communities. Equal-size samples of n=25 families that were taken from each one of two adjeacent communities showed that community "A" had a standard deviation of s=$2000 and comunity "B" had a standard deviation of s=$2400. Could you determine at a 5% level of significance whether family incomes in community "B" are less homogeneous than those in community "A"

Could you determine at a 5% level of significance whether family incomes in community "B" are less homogeneous than those in community "A"

No, sorry I can't.

Who are three people who've never been in my kitchen, Alex.

Who are three people who've never been in my kitchen, Alex.

376724[/snapback]

One of THE best episodes ever. Do you recall what the categories were before he got to Final Jeopardy? Some were like "Beers of the world" "The US Postal Service" "Mothers and their Sons who live with them".... :doh:

hey guys there are a lot of people on this forum so i was hoping someone that was good with statistics could help me with my assignment because im stuck not sure what to do

a legislator interested in measuring the variability in family incomes between communities. Equal-size samples of n=25 families that were taken from each one of two adjeacent communities showed that community "A" had a standard deviation of s=$2000 and comunity "B" had a standard deviation of s=$2400.  Could you determine at a 5% level of significance whether family incomes in community "B" are less homogeneous than those in community "A"

376715[/snapback]

Oh my :doh::doh:

did Sue re-register? :doh:

376757[/snapback]

no thats not sue...the grammar is correct, no one was called a JERK, and the poster didnt use 8,000 :doh: smilies in their post...

sue did post on the baseball board a few days ago, under a new name, something like "pennsyjp"

no thats not sue...the grammar is correct, no one was called a JERK, and the poster didnt use 8,000  :doh: smilies in their post...

sue did post on the baseball board a few days ago, under a new name, something like "pennsyjp"

376762[/snapback]

good point, and his reply

its funny how you cant ask a question without getting a smart ass answer

u dont wanna help just dont reply stupid sons of bitches

376761[/snapback]

didn't threaten to dump beer on anyone, so maybe its not Sue after all

its funny how you cant ask a question without getting a smart ass answer

u dont wanna help just dont reply stupid sons of bitches

376761[/snapback]

but you hafta expect it, so no reason to get pissed...as for your question, were you given any other information regarding the population and their salaries? seems to me you cant compute the answer without more information...

good point, and his reply

didn't threaten to dump beer on anyone, so maybe its not Sue after all

376764[/snapback]

what happened with being friendly

oh i guess that goes out the window with the internet

must be great hiding behind a computer screen

what happened with being friendly

oh i guess that goes out the window with the internet

must be great hiding behind a computer screen

376769[/snapback]

:doh:

don't take it personal dude, just making a reference to a moment in TSW history involving another poster named NJSue who liked to post her assignments

but you hafta expect it, so no reason to get pissed...as for your question, were you given any other information regarding the population and their salaries? seems to me you cant compute the answer without more information...

376767[/snapback]

its a statistics question

someone with knowledge on the subject will be able to calculate it

im not really good at stats but there are some poeple out there that know this sh-- inside out so i just needed a bit of help

thats all the info i have

a legislator interested in measuring the variability in family incomes between communities. Equal-size samples of n=25 families that were taken from each one of two adjeacent communities showed that community "A" had a standard deviation of s=$2000 and comunity "B" had a standard deviation of s=$2400.  Could you determine at a 5% level of significance whether family incomes in community "B" are less homogeneous than those in community "A"

376715[/snapback]

Dunno, but they might gain weight... :doh:

:doh:

don't take it personal dude, just making a reference to a moment in TSW history involving another poster named NJSue who liked to post her assignments

376772[/snapback]

I'm too cool for school baby. What kind of disaster looks for help from a bunch of stooges like myself and others found on this board?

Also, I have an assignment...A little summer project to score as much tail as possible...Meazza do you have a sister?