WM a serious holdout?

:( I do not check the Wall daily, so this may have been discussed ad nauseum. But, how many of you who follow this much more closely than I do are thinking that just MAYBE Willis' threats to hold out are more serious than we initially thought (remember his agent), and that TD's reluctance to just give Travis away for whatever he can get is because he thinks there is a real possibility that we will need him as our starting back? Sorry if this is an old idea, but maybe it's worth revisiting during this no-news time.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( I do not check the Wall daily, so this may have been discussed ad nauseum. But, how many of you who follow this much more closely than I do are thinking that just MAYBE Willis' threats to hold out are more serious than we initially thought (remember his agent), and that TD's reluctance to just give Travis away for whatever he can get is because he thinks there is a real possibility that we will need him as our starting back? Sorry if this is an old idea, but maybe it's worth revisiting during this no-news time.

372336[/snapback]

If TD doesn't give Willis WHATEVER he wants, I will never defend him again.

McGahee has potential to break 1800 yards (2000?????) and be league MVP. I know, I know, it's early, but he will be amazing.

TD:

GIT R DONE.

McGahee has potential to break 1800 yards (2000?????) and be league MVP. I know, I know, it's early, but he will be amazing.

TD:

GIT    R    DONE.

372339[/snapback]

If WM wants to sit out this year, let him. He doesn't deserve a ton of cash this year after playing less than a full season last year and not a single snap the year before.

If he performs well this year, then work out a long term deal. Not before, not for 3/4 of a season.

CW

Bills took a HUGE chance on this kid, knowing he would miss the entire

2003 season, which he did rehabbing and getting paid for it.

Played very well in, like, twelve starts last year. He he 4.0 yards/carry.

He's getting paid high first round money, correct?

How many years is he signed for?

Bills took a HUGE chance on this kid, knowing he would miss the entire

2003 season, which he did rehabbing and getting paid for it.

Played very well in, like, twelve starts last year.  He he 4.0 yards/carry.

He's getting paid high first round money, correct?

How many years is he signed for?

372357[/snapback]

Don't put much into the thing about bills picking him....If not the bills,

someone was going to pick him in the 1st round....The guy has already

missed out close to 10M signing bonus by not being a top-5 pick.....

2nd point is valid....Willis needs to prove himself for a full season before

signing a cotract extension and I hope he does with the bills...

The bills were ready to wait for him because they knew he was a special

talent....and they were willing to pay him to wait.....If he was a average

joe-schmo, he probably would have been cut and moved on.

TD:

GIT    R    DONE.

372339[/snapback]

Just wondering? Hows the posse? :(

Don't put much into the thing about bills picking him....If not the bills,

someone was going to pick him in the 1st round....The guy has already

missed out close to 10M signing bonus by not being a top-5 pick.....

372372[/snapback]

And this is the Bills' fault because...? TD is supposed to give him a contractual sympathy !@#$ b/c he dropped out of the Top 5? That DT from Wisc. who was expected to go in the first-second and got picked in the 6th.... should he get first round money? It went the way it went, he gets paid what he gets paid, and he agreed and signed to two(!) years ago. If he holds out, I think and hope TD has the stones to hand Rosen-ass a note reading, "G_ F_ck Y__rs_lf" and asking if he wants to buy a vowel. Willis is not the end-all, be-all of the Bills O, and unlike the Dolphins and RW, I don't think they'd bat an eyelash.

Interesting posts (about WM ), but am I the only one who wonders about a connection between threats by WM's agent and TD's reluctance to give up TH for a bargain basement price? Does it make sense to anybody?

I have not heard or seen any theats from WM to hold out at all. As best as I can tell some folks looking for something to B word about in these dog days may be ranting about this because WM has Rosenhaus as his agent,

If anyone has links to some actual threats from WM, I'd love to see them (its certainly possible as I do not see everything and my wife will tell you for sure i don;t know much at all, but the concerns some folks seem to have of this alleged holdout seem little more than folks getting their panties into a wad over something way down the pike if it happens at all.

What threats to hold out?  He needs to start/play a whole season and put up monster numbers before he starts thinking about holding-out.

372352[/snapback]

You got that right. If Willis were to hold out, I'd tell him to screw himself. His chances of busting his knees again are as good if not better than his busting out.

TD:

GIT    R    DONE.

372339[/snapback]

You're the type of guy who runs a stock up on speculation. Make the man earn his money. He aint sh-- yet, just a 3rd yr NFL back, with 1 yr experience under his belt. Most of his stats such as TD's were accumulated in games against crappy teams ala san fran, cleveland etc...

I thought Willis was signed to an incentive laden deal that had him paid top dollar if he performed well. If that’s not the case then I really have to question why we even took a shot at him.

We did him a favor drafting him so high, and he should be paid according to wear he was selected. He might have been top 5 talent before the injury, but the injury happened, and the risk a team would assume by drafting him lowered his draft position and should lower his salary. It's not like its common practice to demand more money before your first contract expires, and it shouldn't be any different because Willis looks recovered.

By the way I think Willis will have a huge year, I'm not knocking him. I just think it would be wrong to hold out after just a couple seasons given his situation. Then again it's all about the money so I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if this happens.

ALL this talk about Willis holding out is SURELY just guanranteeing a hold out come the start of next preseason?? I mean if we expect him to do it he may as well right? That was everyone will go, yeah ok we get thet he is holding out cos he's our superstar...

We all need to chill out and take what comes. Willis goes like a powerhorse this year and we'll worry about it then. Until then, relax, enjoy the knowledge that we have a quality running back that is ready to take the weight of the team on his shoulders and smack our opponents in the face with his stiffarm.