What would Losman have to do to...

Is it even possible? I know I am getting WAAAAAAAAAY ahead of myself and I am not saying that he will. Yet, just out of curiousity what would he or any other qb have to do to pass Jim Kelly in your mind as the best ever in a Bills uniform? Statistically jimbo threw for 35,000 yard with 237 tds. I'm pretty sure everyone knows all this but I'm just putting it out there.

What would he have to do?

50,000 Yards and two superbowls? 300 tds? Open a succesful bar downtown? :angry:

Just having some fun. Can it be done?

T-R

Simple: win a ring.

368393[/snapback]

So if Bledsoe would have won a ring he'd of surpassed jimbo in your mind? Or Rob Johnson? Don't you think who Jimbo was in the community made him the that much more popular? The guy would go out and throw for 300 and 3 td's then you'd see him drinking at bar downtown that night.

t-r

Simple: win a ring.

368393[/snapback]

Yep, Kelly will ALWAYS be referred to as the greatest QB in team history until someone comes along and wins a ring. Jim did everything else you could do plus some (no other QB has played in 4 Super Bowls in a row, and won't ever again).

I would keep us in the playoff for a stretch of 5 years or so... Win a Bowl and in that game he has to win it with his arm for the fans to say he is the best bills QB ever.

Otherwise he will be thanked, but not revered like kelly.

So if Bledsoe would have won a ring he'd of surpassed jimbo in your mind?  Or Rob Johnson?  Don't you think who Jimbo was in the community made him the that much more popular?  The guy would go out and throw for 300 and 3 td's then you'd see him drinking at bar downtown that night.

t-r

368400[/snapback]

Kelly was a great QB. The best the Bills have ever had.

But most fans (myself included) don't care about numbers. We care about wins. Kelly was great because he won.

The only way JP (or any Bills' QB) can surpass Kelly is to win the game he couldn't.

Imagine (a very hypothetical situation) if Brady was the Bills QB (with all the same stats and wins). Not many people would be arguing Kelly was the better QB because he has better numbers. Everyone of us would say Brady is the franchise best...and how could anyone argue with 3 rings in 4 years?

Isn't it that simple?

Is it even possible?  I know I am getting WAAAAAAAAAY ahead of myself and I am not saying that he will.  Yet, just out of curiousity what would he or any other qb have to do to pass Jim Kelly in your mind as the best ever in a Bills uniform?  Statistically jimbo threw for 35,000 yard with 237 tds.  I'm pretty sure everyone knows all this but I'm just putting it out there. 

What would he have to do? 

50,000 Yards and two superbowls?  300 tds?  Open a succesful bar downtown?  :doh:

Just having some fun.  Can it be done?

T-R

368382[/snapback]

Lets' see....if Kelly is "ten times" the QB than Bledsoe "could ever be", and most here seem to think that in 2005, without playing a down, the Bills are already better off with Losman at QB than they would be with another year of Bledsoe (everyone says "he can't do any worse") than my math tells me that all JP Losman has to do is start 11 games for the Bills, and he will surpass Jim Kelly as the all-time best Bills quarterback....yeah, that sounds right to me! :angry:

it's a good question. i don't think the answer is as simple as "just win a super bowl" because of kelly's longevity and what he meant to a working-class city like buffalo. nobody will ever go to 4 straight SBs again. we loved jim not only because of his talent, but because of his confidence and never-say-die attitude that would allow him to throw 3 INTS in the 1st half but come back to throw 3 TDs in the 2nd half.

to SURPASS kelly as greatest bills' QB ever, a guy would need at least a 10-year career that includes playoffs in 70-80% of those seasons and at least one SB victory.

my $.02, anyway.