Breaking News from FoxNews.com......

zow2

The animal was a "downer," meaning it was unable to walk. Such animals are banned from the food supply.

Too bad we can't classify some human's as "downers" so we could ban them our food supply. Maybe our oxygen supply as well.

Let's see: potential "downers....."

Michael Jackson

Scott Peterson

Ron Artest

Paris Hilton

Are you a downer?

If you think that's just the second, or that the first was the first....

Farmers stood/stand to loose a lot even with the utterance of 'Mad Cow' and its symptoms. Swept under the rug, never happened, whistle a little ditty and they're Sgt. Schultz. Standards and tracking still aren't what they should be.

I buy a 1/4 cow from a local farmer I trust and watch the butcher cut it while I Ziploc my hamburger and steaks.

If you think that's just the second, or that the first was the first....

Farmers stood/stand to loose a lot even with the utterance of 'Mad Cow' and its symptoms. Swept under the rug, never happened, whistle a little ditty and they're Sgt. Schultz. Standards and tracking still aren't what they should be.

I buy a 1/4 cow from a local farmer I trust and watch the butcher cut it while I Ziploc my hamburger and steaks.

367379[/snapback]

Do you wear your tinfoil hat when you're doing that?

Do you wear your tinfoil hat when you're doing that?

367381[/snapback]

No, but I carry something else if the PETA/militant vegan people ever show up.

I know people who work in the industry. You know that phrase of things you don't want to know how they're made? Add beef and milk. I'm not tin-hat paranoid about it, but I like to know where my food comes from. Plus, doing it like that is cheaper per pound, it's great tasting meat and it supports a local farmer.

No, but I carry something else if the PETA/militant vegan people ever show up.

I know people who work in the industry. You know that phrase of things you don't want to know how they're made? Add beef and milk. I'm not tin-hat paranoid about it, but I like to know where my food comes from. Plus, doing it like that is cheaper per pound, it's great tasting meat and it supports a local farmer.

367399[/snapback]

When I was growing up, we raised Black Angus (before they were "cool"). I wish I had the room to raise a small few. Grass and grain fed, without any additives. Man, you talk about a great steak.

I'd like to raise some cows in the "Kobe" style.  Or at least find someone locally who does, and buy from them.

367408[/snapback]

First of all, you have the wrong moniker for this...lay low for a day or two. They'll forget. Second of all, I'd love to be a Kobe Beef until the point where they killed me.

Get fed good beer all my with a two-a-day full bodied massage?

Bad cow, BAD!

Nowhere near there.  But out of curiosity, do they have Kobe beef, or an equivalent?

367467[/snapback]

Yes, the equiv. Some farm in Virginia makes it, and then they pack it in seal packs that last two weeks, A friend of mine, great cook, sent himself through some chef schools for fun, swears by it.

Yes, the equiv.  Some farm in Virginia makes it, and then they pack it in seal packs that last two weeks,  A friend of mine, great cook, sent himself through some chef schools for fun, swears by it.

367470[/snapback]

Seal packs? Can't you for just a minute get over Darin?

Too bad we can't classify some human's as "downers" so we could ban them our food supply. Maybe our oxygen supply as well.

Let's see: potential "downers....."

Michael Jackson

Scott Peterson

Ron Artest

Paris Hilton

Are you a downer?

367269[/snapback]

Like your new hottie. Too bad her sundress is falling off. :ph34r:

Points for creativity, at least...but could their propaganda get ANY more heavy-handed?

367678[/snapback]

Very true. I just thought the whole thing was funny.

Besides, we like to buy our own cattle for slaughter. The meat is better and we get the cow tongue! :angry: