HOWARD STERN E! R.I.P.

Buftex

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way he's been talking about it, without actually saying anything, I'm sure he's in discussions with someone right now about an alternative to the E show. According to Howard yesterday the Howard Stern show isn't only the highest rated show on E, it's also the second, third, and fourth. Good move E.

The way he's been talking about it, without actually saying anything, I'm sure he's in discussions with someone right now about an alternative to the E show.  According to Howard yesterday the Howard Stern show isn't only the highest rated show on E, it's also the second, third, and fourth.  Good move E.

365161[/snapback]

Doesn't make sense

Doesn't make sense

365170[/snapback]

Sure it does. There's a lot of controversy that goes with having Stern on your channel. Add in the fact that there was a recent changing of the guard at the top of the network and I think it adds up to an executive looking to put their mark on the network and start by getting rid of programming that they didn't generate.

Some of the TV insider blogs said E! didn't want to get into what was surely going to be costly negotiations for a contract extension.

Howard has wanted more freedom for the show for a long time. I see him landing on Skinemax or HBO.

I hope he lands some place else...

365153[/snapback]

Preferably on a pointed fencepost off a 30-story high-dive.

Of course, I'm the only person in the world who thinks Stern is a waste of oxygen and revels in bringing everyone down to their lowest common denominator, so don't go by me. Hell, I don't even have an iPod. How can Generation iPodless even begin understand how to appreciate the genius of Stern.

Of course, I'm the only person in the world who thinks Stern is a waste of oxygen and revels in bringing everyone down to their lowest common denominator, so don't go by me. Hell, I don't even have an iPod. How can Generation iPodless even begin understand how to appreciate the genius of Stern.

365254[/snapback]

No, you're not the only one.

Unfortunetly, far too many people never grow out of the potty humor stage.

365254[/snapback]

Actually, after reading your posts for a couple years, this one shocked me. I am astounded that you are not the sick-bastard-child of Howard himself.

The rumor has it that it will be SpikeTV.  The E! show was ok, but with censorship, it is not different than the radio show.  He needs free rein to be enjoyable.

365193[/snapback]

SpikeTV is network cable as is E! so you wouldn't see any difference in censorship. Though the channel/audience does make sense and I wouldn't be suprised if he tries F/X either since they did broadcast Son of the Beach. Though as others have mentioned if Howard truly wants freedom he'd be best as on an HBO, Skinemax etc but truly don't see any network like that picking him up as it be too contreversial. A station like Playboy TV be his best fit but don't see them picking him either because of him having Penthouse Pets on the show which is in direct competition. If Stern truely believes in himself and what he shouts out, I'm perplexed with all the money and connections he has that he hasn't tried to launch his own network.

The way he's been talking about it, without actually saying anything, I'm sure he's in discussions with someone right now about an alternative to the E show.  According to Howard yesterday the Howard Stern show isn't only the highest rated show on E, it's also the second, third, and fourth.  Good move E.

365161[/snapback]

You mean Gastineau Girls and Dr. 90210 isn't pulling in viewers ;)

:blink:

Actually, after reading your posts for a couple years, this one shocked me. I am astounded that you are not the sick-bastard-child of Howard himself.

365262[/snapback]

I used to listen to Stern, but after a while he just became predictable, and once you're predictable to me I ignore you. He completely jumped the shark for me when he was doing an interview once with Buddy Hackett. Now here's a guy who's been around in an amazing number of movies, shows, etc., and what does Stern ask him?

So Buddy, do you have a big dick? Even Buddy Hackett was kinda put off, and I just kinda felt bad that this is the schtick that will be Howard's legacy. How big is your dick. Followed by the laughter of people he pays to sit around and laugh.

I also think it's pretty stupid having guys on the street interviewing celebrities and just putting everyone in a position of being embarrassed, followed by the mentality that "Oh, that person clearly has no sense of humor."

Why, Howard? Because he doesn't think you're brand of kiddy humor is funny?

Get over yourself, Howard. Fortunately, all it takes is a flick of the switch to make him go away. But you know how sometimes you're hanging out with a bunch of people and some chucklehead in the room says "So does anyone watch 'American Idol?' and everyone in the rooms looks at the person like they passed gas?

It's getting to be the same way with people who say "So, anyone listen to Stern this week." More and more people are like "Uhhh, no, not really."

I used to listen to Stern, but after a while he just became predictable, and once you're predictable to me I ignore you. He completely jumped the shark for me when he was doing an interview once with Buddy Hackett. Now here's a guy who's been around in an amazing number of movies, shows, etc., and what does Stern ask him?

So Buddy, do you have a big dick? Even Buddy Hackett was kinda put off, and I just kinda felt bad that this is the schtick that will be Howard's legacy. How big is your dick. Followed by the laughter of people he pays to sit around and laugh.

I also think it's pretty stupid having guys on the street interviewing celebrities and just putting everyone in a position of being embarrassed, followed by the mentality that "Oh, that person clearly has no sense of humor."

Why, Howard? Because he doesn't think you're brand of kiddy humor is funny?

Get over yourself, Howard. Fortunately, all it takes is a flick of the switch to make him go away. But you know how sometimes you're hanging out with a bunch of people and some chucklehead in the room says "So does anyone watch 'American Idol?' and everyone in the rooms looks at the person like they passed gas?

It's getting to be the same way with people who say "So, anyone listen to Stern this week." More and more people are like "Uhhh, no, not really."

365337[/snapback]

Buddy Hackett was put off? He may be the only dirtier, sicker, more repulsive entertainer in the country ahead of Stern. :blink:

Howard Stern = David Letterman.

A generation ago, they were "hip", "relevant", "edgy" etc. and college kids and 20-somethings went nuts for them.

Now they're both pushing 60, and the college kids and 20-somethings look at them and what do they see? A person of "Dad's age" trying to be "hip".

Embarassing.

Howard Stern = David Letterman.

A generation ago, they were "hip", "relevant", "edgy" etc. and college kids and 20-somethings went nuts for them.

Now they're both pushing 60, and the college kids and 20-somethings look at them and what do they see? A person of "Dad's age" trying to be "hip".

Embarassing.

365355[/snapback]

Good analysis hopefully the same fate doesn't bestow Conan O'Brien, as this 20 something still enjoys Conan but finds both Letterman and Stern passe.