AFI Top 100 Movie Quotes

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walter Sobchak: He lives in North Hollywood on Radford, near the In-and-Out Burger...

The Dude: The In-and-Out Burger is on Camrose.

Walter Sobchak: Near the In-and-Out Burger...

Donny: Those are good burgers, Walter.

Walter Sobchak: Shut the !@#$ up, Donny.

Tom Hanks has some classics in "A League of Their Own"

Ira Lowenstein: Until you did that, I couldn't tell if you were... drunk or dead.

Jimmy Dugan: It was made very clear to me what I'm supposed to do here. I smile, wave my little hat... I did that, so when do I get paid?

Ira Lowenstein: Now, Jimmy, you have some pretty good ballplayers here. You ought to give them a little bit of your...

Jimmy Dugan: [interrupting] Ballplayers. I don't have ballplayers, I've got girls. Girls are what you sleep with after the game, not, not what you coach during the game.

[spits]

Ira Lowenstein: If we paid you a little bit more, Jimmy, do you think you could be just a little more disgusting?

Jimmy Dugan: [brightly] Well, I could certainly use the money.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimmy Dugan: Uh, Lord, hallowed be Thy name. May our feet be swift; may our bats be mighty; may our balls... be plentiful. Lord, I'd just like to thank You for that waitress in South Bend. You know who she is - she kept calling Your name. And God, these are good girls, and they work hard. Just help them see it all the way through. Okay, that's it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Jimmy has just signed a baseball for a little boy]

Little Boy: [reading] Avoid the clap, Jimmy Dugan.

Jimmy Dugan: Hey, that's good advice!

Jimmy Dugan: All right, everyone, let's listen up now, listen up. Something important has just happened. I was in the toilet reading my contract, and it turns out, I get a bonus when we get to the World Series. So, let's play hard, let's play smart, use your heads.

Doris Murphy: [quoting him] That's that lump three feet above our ass, right, Jimmy?

[laughter]

Jimmy Dugan: Some more prominent than others, there, Doris.

Tom Hanks has some classics in "A League of Their Own"

364562[/snapback]

There's lots of good ones...

Kid: What's your rush, dollbody? What do you say we slip in the back seat, and make a man out of me?

Dottie Hinson: What do you say I smack you around for a while?

Kid: Can't we do both?

Umpire: Perhaps you chastised her too vehemently. Good rule of thumb: treat each of these girls as you would treat your mother.

Jimmy Dugan: Did anyone ever tell you, you look like a penis with that little hat on?

Ernie Capadino: Yeah, I'm just going home, grab a shower and shave, give the wife a little pickle-tickle, and I'm on my way.

Dottie Hinson: You ever been married?

Jimmy Dugan: Well, let me think... yeah, twice.

Dottie Hinson: Any children?

Jimmy Dugan: One of them was, yeah

To be honest, this list has no credibility at all.

No Bruce Campbell lines = worthless

"I got news for you pal. You ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and s---, and Jack left town."

"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."

27. "I'm walking here! I'm walking here!", "Midnight Cowboy," 1969

on the show last nite that did the countdown they explained how this line came to be. Jon Voight & Dustin Hoffman were walking down a NYC street blocked off by cops during filming, apparently one cabbie refused to wait any longer and broke through the barrier, Hoffmann ad libbed the whole thing and both of them remained in character. cool story!

"Losers always whine about their best. winners go home and !@#$ the prom queen."

gotta love connery...

364608[/snapback]

Damn, you put the one in that I was going to. That was a classic line from The Rock!

Damn, you put the one in that I was going to.  That was a classic line from The Rock!

364617[/snapback]

we are on a similar wavelength...i saw your top 10 movie list and that was eeriely close to what mine would have been...must be that great seminole minds think alike :D

one classic missing....Tom Hanks....

Life is like a box of choclates....

364612[/snapback]

40. "Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get," "Forrest Gump," 1994.

i was surprised i didn't see any from Usual Suspects or Pulp Fiction