Best movie you never seen?

Justice

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going down the top 100 grossing films of all time, adjusted for inflation, these are the films I haven't seen:

The Ten Commandments (1956)

Thunderball (1965)

Love Story (1970)

Cleopatra (1963)

Around the World in 80 Days (1956)

The Bells of St. Mary's (1945)

The Passion of the Christ (2004)

The Greatest Show on Earth (1952)

House of Wax (1953)

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (1921)

Of course, today not all of these films are "famous", even though they obviously were back when they were released. The two films that are still considered "big" films today on that list (not counting the ones that are recent releases) are The Ten Commandments and Cleopatra...so I guess that's my answer.

Okay.  It'll go in my cue @ Blockbuster online.  I still haven't watched The Passion of the Christ, which has been sitting in my house for about 2 months now.

364098[/snapback]

Don't watch both of those the same day. You'll be melancholy for a month.

That Don Cheadle movie from last year, the one he was nominated for an Oscar for.  I haven't seen that.

364064[/snapback]

it was quite good

if you like that one, also check out "The Killing Fields"

same movie, just showing genocide and how stupid hatred and petty differences can be in different parts of the world

tie - Starwars (any of them) and Titanic

no desire to see them.

363970[/snapback]

man, thats just not right, even if you're not a huge Star Wars fan, I think you're one of maybe 2 people I've ever heard say has never seen them, and the first to say he/she has no desire too.

Personally for me ever since I've signed up with Netflix I've been renting a lot of older films that I have always wanted to see but just never got around to watching before. Recent favorites for me that I got to see for the first time have been The Graduate and Midnight Cowboy.

Of the best movies I have not seen, I would have to say Casablanca and Citizen Kane. Also I would throw in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy because I just haven't mustered up the energy to sit through the whole thing yet.

man, thats just not right, even if you're not a huge Star Wars fan, I think you're one of maybe 2 people I've ever heard say has never seen them, and the first to say he/she has no desire too.

Personally for me ever since I've signed up with Netflix I've been renting a lot of older films that I have always wanted to see but just never got around to watching before.  Recent favorites for me that I got to see for the first time have been The Graduate and Midnight Cowboy.

Of the best movies I have not seen, I would have to say Casablanca and Citizen Kane.  Also I would throw in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy because I just haven't mustered up the energy to sit through the whole thing yet.

364254[/snapback]

How can you badmouth someone for not seeing Star Wars and then turn around and say you have not seen Casablanca and Citizen Kane, which are arguably but probably the most famous and best films ever made?

ET

Midnight Cowboy

Taxi Diver - Just never got the chance, and now would have to find a time when my wife was busy because she would never watch it.

In repsonse:

Casablanca and Pulp Fiction are two of my favorite movies of all time...

I admitt much to my shame, that I have never seen The Godfather Part II.... :D

364123[/snapback]

You have to rent GF 2...or see it on HBO or other premium cable channel..Robert DeNiro as young Vito Corleone is excellent...

I have yet to see ANY of the Lord of the Rings trilogy..