Problem with Pats fans

AKC, your question is loaded, how many times do I have to say it. NONE of the other "dynasties" played during the salary cap era.

But we'll take your word over Troy Aikman's.

Maybe if YOUR Bills didnt phone in their last 3 Super Bowls and get totally EMBARRASSED, some of those other dynasties wouldnt have measured up to your criteria.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AKC, your question is loaded,

363642[/snapback]

Where "loaded" means you don't like the answer!

So you concede my original point to another Bill's fan by admitting that Thurman's Helmet cannot name one single consecutive championship team in NFL History with less compelling margins of victory than the Pats.

Thanks for playing ;-)

AKC, your question is loaded, how many times do I have to say it.  NONE of the other "dynasties" played during the salary cap era. 

Maybe if YOUR Bills didnt phone in their last 3 Super Bowls and get totally EMBARRASSED,  some of those other dynasties wouldnt have measured up to your criteria.

363642[/snapback]

Wining an argument on a Bill's Board as a Pats fan doesnt help your cause. Regardless of AKC post, you got sucked in, and you're looking like an ass, IMO.

Right or wrong about the Dynasty, you were wrong to engage. There are a few here that will remember your shots. You've been warned. :blink::w00t:

Well my one mans opinion is your an idiot for labeling us Sox fans as anal and idiots. Not all fans are the same. Yes there is a few in every bunch that are complete idiots. Every team has a few.

361204[/snapback]

First of all, let me qualify my response by the fact that I go to college with a ton of New Englanders, most of the m!@#$s, and I do have to condemn them. They know absolutely nothing about football. My roomate last year was from Providence, he was more than willing at any time to trash the bills and sing the praises of the Patriots, but he knew absolutely nothing about any other team on the league. I might add he knew close to nothing about the Pats as well. I had to give him most of his info about his own team. By no means do I mean to say the entire Pats fan base are disrespectful know-nothing trash-talkers, but a good 90% of them are. I met a kid from Boston who stuck up for the Bills occasionally, but the fact of the matter is Pats fans are like Yankee fans prior to 2004. They never get called on trash talking. They don't have to know anything or come down from their enormously cocky attitudes because the day has yet to come where they get humbeled. Until that happens we should not expect much of a change.

AKC, your question is loaded, how many times do I have to say it.  NONE of the other "dynasties" played during the salary cap era. 

Maybe if YOUR Bills didnt phone in their last 3 Super Bowls and get totally EMBARRASSED,  some of those other dynasties wouldnt have measured up to your criteria.

363642[/snapback]

You are, without question, the BF of Pat's Fans, you know that? Regardless of what is going on around you, the only thing in your holster is the Incoherent Babble Card. The reality is, he's making some very good points, and the very best you can come up with is the most elementary of arguments about wide right and four losses and mailing it in, etc.

You know the difference between people like you and people like us?

We're still here. When you jump back to 3-13, and you WILL jump back to 3-13, you will be gone from this sport faster than you can say "Why did the Pacers suck so badly?" Then you'll idly keep an eye on the day when your team may have a winning record, jump to the top of the bridge, kick the three billy goats Gruff into your moat and yell "But I was here all along!"

You are, without question, the BF of Pat's Fans, you know that? Regardless of what is going on around you, the only thing in your holster is the Incoherent Babble Card. The reality is, he's making some very good points, and the very best you can come up with is the most elementary of arguments about wide right and four losses and mailing it in, etc.

You know the difference between people like you and people like us?

We're still here. When you jump back to 3-13, and you WILL jump back to 3-13, you will be gone from this sport faster than you can say "Why did the Pacers suck so badly?" Then you'll idly keep an eye on the day when your team may have a winning record, jump to the top of the bridge, kick the three billy goats Gruff into your moat and yell "But I was here all along!"

363689[/snapback]

Nice post. It seems that Red Sux fans and Panzy fans get star struck. But yet they have to find themselves on a Bill's board to give themselves some kind of power feeling. Such small people. Maybe they have been kicked out of their Sux and Panzie fourms because they bring nothin to the discussion, makes sense.

Its like the last guys picked for a pick up game of football, pats fans on a Bills board get picked last on their own board so they have to find somewhere else to go. Well, you're still a loser. Sad. Probably got hit first in Dodge Ball too :w00t:

Nice post. It seems that Red Sux fans and Panzy fans get star struck. But yet they have to find themselves on a Bill's board to give themselves some kind of power feeling. Such small people. Maybe they have been kicked out of their Sux and Panzie fourms because they bring nothin to the discussion, makes sense.

Its like the last guys picked for a pick up game of football, pats fans on a Bills board get picked last on their own board so they have to find somewhere else to go. Well, you're still a loser.  Sad.  Probably got hit first in Dodge Ball too :w00t:

363711[/snapback]

I will bet you $100 right now that this insecure troll can not go without posting again on this thread. $100 dollars, right now. I gurarantee you that he is stomping his foot right now, trying desparately to craft a comeback that includes the either the word "hot pockets" or "ding".

Probably got hit first in Dodge Ball too :w00t:

363711[/snapback]

I'm guessing the kid with the inate ability every game to catch the ball with his neck ;-)

the most pathetic thing about the patsies is that with the other dynasties, a few bounces dont go those teams way, they still romp to their victories...a few bounces dont go the pats way, and they are 0-5 in super bowls, or they dont even make it to the big game...

<cough> tuck rule <cough>

a few bounces dont go the pats way, and they are 0-5 in super bowls, or they dont even make it to the big game...

<cough> tuck rule <cough>

363742[/snapback]

That's exactly right- they've dominated no one, unlike the NFL Dynasties. Take Green Bay and San Fran- both with an average margin of score in Super Bowls of +19 - and they've won in multiple generations of their team to qualify as a Dynasty. This versus a negative margin of score for the "anything but a dynasty" Pats who can't qualify for the dynasty designation since they've won only in a single generation of the team.

That's exactly right- they've dominated no one, unlike the NFL Dynasties. Take Green Bay and San Fran- both with an average margin of score in Super Bowls of +19 - and they've won in multiple generations of their team to qualify as a Dynasty. This versus a negative margin of score for the "anything but a dynasty" Pats who can't qualify for the dynasty designation since they've won only in a single generation of the team.

363757[/snapback]

I'd have to agree, you make a strong argument. I've never looked at it like that before. Your football knowkedge is unsurpassed. !@#$, to be able to stastisticly break down the past SB winners like you have is a testement of your football knowledge. Thank you my Bill's brother!!!!

We as Bills fans have to over look the sometimes idiot poster of the Patriot kind here, but we'll survive.........

We as Bills fans have to over look the sometimes idiot poster of the Patriot kind here, but we'll survive.........

363759[/snapback]

Either that or simply revel in how warmly they receive being slapped silly in public!

Probably a childhood thing ;-)

Rename this thread, Sour Grapes, Buffalo Style.

The Patriots are 34-4 in the last two seasons. Let's just say in the age of parity in the NFL that 34-4 is pretty good and leave it at that.

The best thing about being a Pats fan is knowing the edge they have in every close game. It's the poise of Brady, the right leg of Vinatieri, the mind of Bill Belichick, and talent, character, and playmaking abilities on defense.

I could care less about point differential or Peyton Manning's records. I just assume count Super Bowl titles. As Herm Edwards say, "You Play to Win the Game".

Sorry some Pats fans are trolling your board. But every team has fans that troll message boards. The Patriots have a great fan base and have sold out the stadium on an annual basis long before Tom Brady came to Foxboro.

Rename this thread, Sour Grapes, Buffalo Style.

The Patriots are 34-4 in the last two seasons.  Let's just say in the age of parity in the NFL that 34-4 is pretty good and leave it at that.

The best thing about being a Pats fan is knowing the edge they have in every close game.  It's the poise of Brady, the right leg of Vinatieri, the mind of Bill Belichick, and talent, character, and playmaking abilities on defense. 

I could care less about point differential or Peyton Manning's records.  I just assume count Super Bowl titles.  As Herm Edwards say, "You Play to Win the Game". 

Sorry some Pats fans are trolling your board.  But every team has fans that troll message boards.  The Patriots have a great fan base and have sold out the stadium on an annual basis long before Tom Brady came to Foxboro.

363786[/snapback]

No one is questioning whether they were a good team, Thurmal. Christ, how many time do we have to explain this to you. The topic is "Are they a dynasty?," and the answer is simply "no." Regardless of your username, the answer is still "no." Joan Collins was closer to a dynasty then the Pats.

Today's Pats would get killed by Montana.

Oh, right. This is the cap era. So you all feel special being the lone clothes contraption on top of a pile of one-armed paper hangers? And wanna call it dynasty? Please. Why not just rename the Super Bowl Trophy. Instead of the Vince Lombardi, we'll call it the "I'm a !@#$in' Pats fan so suck my cokc" trophy.

Though I'm sure there would be criticism of that as well. "It should say "so suck the cokc of the Almighty Pats Fan!"

Maroons.

Get over yourselves. You'd get your asses kicked by a real dynasty, and you all !@#$in' know it.

The Patriots have a great fan base and have sold out the stadium on an annual basis long before Tom Brady came to Foxboro.

363786[/snapback]

Bwah-hah-hah-hah!!! You are joking, right?? :w00t:

This is further proof Pats fans have no memory. I live in New England and go to the Bills game there every year for the past 11. You couldn't give a Patriots ticket away before Parcells showed up. The Bills fans used to outnumber the Pats fans at Foxboro!

You want to talk about great fans now? I know a travel agent who does Pats road game trips. He didn't sell out a single game last year. He says that Pats fans stopped following their team around. You win 3 Super Bowls and now you'd rather watch them on TV! Pathetic!

PTR

Its like the last guys picked for a pick up game of football, pats fans on a Bills board get picked last on their own board so they have to find somewhere else to go. Well, you're still a loser.  Sad.  Probably got hit first in Dodge Ball too :w00t:

363711[/snapback]

Uhhhhh Dude, it's Bills' board not bill's board ...... as for the rest of your babble :blink::huh::huh:;) Just put down the crack pipe and walk away.

just so you know, cause I'm sure you are far too dumb to figure this out on your own, not all Sox fans are Pats fans as well.

Uhhhhh Dude, it's Bills' board not bill's board ...... as for the rest of your babble  :w00t:  :blink:  :huh:  :huh:  Just put down the crack pipe and walk away.

just so you know, cause I'm sure you are far too dumb to figure this out on your own, not all Sox fans are Pats fans as well.

363836[/snapback]

Nah, but most of them are douche bags.

I will be spending 4 days with the "Mass. Influence" when I pick up my in-laws at O'Hare on Thursday.

This is the same brother-in law/Pats fan that harbors ill will towards Bills' fans because my clueless mother-in-law said to him: "We won!" When a Jim Kelly led Bills team beat the Pats years ago. The only thing you gotta understand is that my mother-in-law is harmless and never meant any ill will by the statement, probably clueless in forgetting that he was a NE fan. :doh::doh:

I should be able to give you a full critique on Monday after their visit is over.

Maybe I should just leave them on the North Side... I have no doubt they would fit right in... :devil:

:D

I'd have to agree, you make a strong argument. I've never looked at it like that before. Your football knowkedge is unsurpassed. !@#$, to be able to stastisticly break down the past SB winners like you have is a testement of your football knowledge. Thank you my Bill's brother!!!!

363759[/snapback]

I notice he conveniently didnt mention the HUGE margin of victory teams like the Cowboys and Redskins enjoyed over the piss-poor Buffalo Bills.

You want to get into semantics about dynasties being defined by either time or margin of victory, thats fine. It doesnt make your grapes any less sour that you've pretty much been thoroughly embarassed in every Super Bowl you've played in. And yes, Wide Right was embarassing.

I'll continue to enjoy the run this magnificent team is on. IN fact, should the Patriots win the Super Bowl this year, they will be on the same plane as the Greatest Teams of ALL TIME in the NFL. Bet that doesnt sit too well with many of you.

Looking forward to another 2 easy wins at the Jills' hands this year!

I notice he conveniently didnt mention the HUGE margin of victory teams like the Cowboys and Redskins enjoyed over the piss-poor Buffalo Bills.     

You want to get into semantics about dynasties being defined by either time or margin of victory, thats fine.  It doesnt make your grapes any less sour that you've pretty much been thoroughly embarassed in every Super Bowl you've played in.        And yes, Wide Right was embarassing.   

I'll continue to enjoy the run this magnificent team is on.  IN fact, should the Patriots win the Super Bowl this year, they will be on the same plane as the Greatest Teams of ALL TIME in the NFL.    Bet that doesnt sit too well with many of you.     

Looking forward to another 2 easy wins at the Jills' hands this year!

363925[/snapback]

Take it easy. You have you sb wins. They belong to you as a fan. Enjoy them.

If you have forgotten, this is a BILLS board. If you expect us to bow down and tell you that the pats are as good as the Cowboys or Steelers dynasties, you will be in for a long wait.

Certainly you can think of better ways to spend the hours (or decades).