Rest in Peace Joe Collier

47 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

That is the first game I can remember as a kid.  My parents and older brothers were fixed around the radio.

The start of the 1964 season, I was hooked.

Me too, listenrd to the 1964 Championship on the radio and watched the 1965 on TV. that convinced my family to take me to games in 1966!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Me too, listenrd to the 1964 Championship on the radio and watched the 1965 on TV. that convinced my family to take me to games in 1966!

We drove in the snow to the airport to greet the Bills after the Boston Patriot game that put them in the playoff in '64.

That was nuts.  The Bills moved the flight to Rochester.  Fans were running around on the tarmac.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

We drove in the snow to the airport to greet the Bills after the Boston Patriot game that put them in the playoff in '64.

That was nuts.  The Bills moved the flight to Rochester.  Fans were running around on the tarmac.

Between the old AFL and the 1960's Bills we all had some great times and memories!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

He lived in North Tonawanda (my hometown) a street away from me. I had a crush on his daughter in elementary school and walked her home every day. They had a blue station wagon, adorned with Bills logos. She took me downstairs to her Dads office to meet him as he was watching film of the Bills. Awesome experience for an 11 y/o fan! Sadly, they moved to Colorado the next year.

The One who got away..
R.I.P. Coach. Thank you for the memories.

My grandmother aunt and uncle all lived in NT. Spent most of my summers there. Played Bingo at a church on Oliver St right next to Dom Polski's!!!

• Like (+1) 2

It’s still there.

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

My grandmother aunt and uncle all lived in NT. Spent most of my summers there. Played Bingo at a church on Oliver St right next to Dom Polski's!!!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Your an NT guy!! Now I have to lay off you!

Posted (edited)

GOOD BYE COLLIER,GOOD BYE COLLIER, GOOD BYE COLLIER, we hate to see you go..

You older guys will get it

RIP

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Lol...technically born in Tonawanda and grew up in Lockport.  But like I said spent a ton of time in NT

Tonawanda a great place too, you are a Tonawandan! Love it! 

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Lol...technically born in Tonawanda and grew up in Lockport.  But like I said spent a ton of time in NT

Be proud of it!

1 minute ago, amprov56 said:

Be proud of it!

So is Lockport!

1 hour ago, amprov56 said:

Be proud of it!

So is Lockport!

I am proud of it!!  

One of my best memories is being buried in snow in 1977 and crawling out the window on Burnside Dr.! 

I was born in 1970. I sort of know some stuff about the AFL years. But the late 60's and early 70's are a black hole in my Bills history knowledge.  Must admit I had no idea Collier was a Bills HC. Only knew the Orange Crush story.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/8/2024 at 6:21 PM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I am proud of it!!  

One of my best memories is being buried in snow in 1977 and crawling out the window on Burnside Dr.! 

I was born in 1970. I sort of know some stuff about the AFL years. But the late 60's and early 70's are a black hole in my Bills history knowledge.  Must admit I had no idea Collier was a Bills HC. Only knew the Orange Crush story.  

Burnside is in the Town of Tonawanda, Erie County.  Not North Tonawanda, which is in Niagara County.  

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 10:17 PM, freddyjj said:

In 1967 the Bills only won 4 games, and after an 0-2 start in 1968, Collier was fired.

RIP Joe!

I was there for the 2 on 0-2. Loss to Raiders 48-6 at War Memorial stadium. Collier fired later that night.  

Reading the other posts here, a lot of old guys in this thread LOL

Edited by MarkyMannn
  • Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

I was there for the 2 on 0-2. Loss to Raiders 48-6 at War Memorial stadium. Collier fired layer that night.  

Hey! 🤬 I represent that remark!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, MarkyMannn said:

I was there for the 2 on 0-2. Loss to Raiders 48-6 at War Memorial stadium. Collier fired layer that night.  

I was in Payne’s Pizza North Tonawanda picking up an order when the news flash came on TV that Collier was fired. It was the ugliest Bills crowd I ever seen the day of the 48 - 6 whooping!

• Like (+1) 1