Coleman = Benjamin, Davis = Moss - Beane players

20 minutes ago, mrags said:

I think he’ll likely have his best year. That’s not saying much considering his career best year is 77 rec for 851yrds and 3tds. If Josh can’t help him there we’re in some serious trouble. 

Samual is not a #1 or a deep threat though. Getting someone who is would be nice. Instead we are expecting a guy that’s not really sniffed 1,000 yards in a season to be our #1? God help us 

He was actually over 1000 yards from scrimmage that year

You don't really know what you're complaining about

Just now, LeGOATski said:

I’d like to pay attention to receiving yards. I don’t give a crap about him rushing the ball. He had 851 receiving yards. And it was by far his best he’s ever had 

Just now, mrags said:

I’d like to pay attention to receiving yards. I don’t give a crap about him rushing the ball. He had 851 receiving yards. And it was by far his best he’s ever had 

So you think he can have a career year of 900+ yards receiving, regardless of the other extra yards he can get. He's a versatile speedster. Idk what you're worried about.

So you think he can have a career year of 900+ yards receiving, regardless of the other extra yards he can get. He's a versatile speedster. Idk what you're worried about.

He’s not a deep threat. He’s not a 1. We don’t have either but seem to be expecting him to be something he’s never been? If we didn’t have Shakir he would be our slot 

2 hours ago, harmonkillebrew said:

Beane has a real tendency for a certain type of player.

Ray Davis is a  Zack Moss clone

Coleman isn't too far off from Kelvin Benjamin and Devin Funchess.

None of those guys panned out.

Seems Beane consistently under values speed in skill players.  I was hoping we'd come out of this draft faster and more explosive on O, but instead it's more of the usual.

Coleman would have been a decent replacement for Gabe. Similar skill set. Is Samuel supposed to be the Diggs replacement? Hard to see us being better on offense. 

Or defense for that matter. They don't seem to have a vision or plan for getting better than the Chiefs. Feels like a reset year.

Well, it's McD's team and offensive philosophy, who's to argue with him?  What, Brady, who got the job because of his prior relationship with McD?   Is there anyone even on his staff that knows how to maximize the output of the offensive roster.  Short answer, no.  

This all fits into McD's "complimentary football" methodology and ideology which more or less mimics the '80s/'90s era ball-control football with strong D and a great running game.  Allen's ruining it all.  LOL  

It would all make sense if it worked come January, but the opposite is true.  

Regardless of whether or not we can win one that way stands apart from the fact that we're not getting the utmost from Allen & the passing game.  

1 minute ago, mrags said:

He’s not a deep threat. He’s not a 1. We don’t have either but seem to be expecting him to be something he’s never been? If we didn’t have Shakir he would be our slot 

No one's expecting Samuel to be the #1, but if you think he can have a career year with Josh, that's an objectively great year. Coleman as the other outside receiver (who's also plenty versatile as a big, explosive receiver), plus Kincaid, Cook, Shakir, and Knox. Brady's going to get similar if not better production out of those guys than he did with his 2020 Carolina weapons (four 1000+ yarders! with the ghost of Cam Newton and Teddy Bridgewater as his QBs).

You don't really have a leg to stand on when complaining about this. It's okay to be realistic and take a wait-and-see approach, but the dooms day posting that some people are doing is absurd.

4 hours ago, mrags said:

Ya know, all the support from a forum that cringed and griped incessantly about that.  

For better or for worse Shakir's our top WR right now and will be our #1 whether we like it or not or whether he's up to it or not.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

No one's expecting Samuel to be the #1, but if you think he can have a career year with Josh, that's an objectively great year. Coleman as the other outside receiver (who's also plenty versatile as a big, explosive receiver), plus Kincaid, Cook, Shakir, and Knox. Brady's going to get similar if not better production out of those guys than he did with his 2020 Carolina weapons (four 1000+ yarders! with the ghost of Cam Newton and Teddy Bridgewater as his QBs).

You don't really have a leg to stand on when complaining about this. It's okay to be realistic and take a wait-and-see approach, but the dooms day posting that some people are doing is absurd.

I’ll make a bet we don’t have a single 1,000 receiver 

Honestly, I think it’s as simple as McD and Beane valuing intangibles like character, toughness (physical and mental), and intelligence over raw physical abilities like speed. Is that right? I don’t know. But I suspect it’s their general MO.

Edited by Slack_in_MA

2 hours ago, harmonkillebrew said:

Seems Beane consistently under values speed in skill players.  I was hoping we'd come out of this draft faster and more explosive on O, but instead it's more of the usual.

Coleman would have been a decent replacement for Gabe. Similar skill set. Is Samuel supposed to be the Diggs replacement? Hard to see us being better on offense. 

Or defense for that matter. They don't seem to have a vision or plan for getting better than the Chiefs. Feels like a reset year.

This post really troubled me because I had a hard time deciding on which emoji to use on it.  I settled on "Dislike" but "Vomit", "Eyeroll", "Disagree", and  "HaHa" were all good candidates, too.   Apparently, the Bills not drafting the prospects they wanted has unhinged numerous members of TSW.

3 hours ago, harmonkillebrew said:

GIF by Amazon Prime Video

This board  ...

30 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I could agree but I would have to dismiss Beasley, Brown, Shakir, etc. I think in the scheme of things he’s actually been fairly balanced.  Albeit without seeming to highly value a burner. 

I don’t think the point was that he only gets one type for all 6 slots all the time always so much as he actively seeks a certain type as one of the starters 

3 hours ago, harmonkillebrew said:

Just curious, how many games have you watched that Coleman and Davis played in?  Davis is a much different runner and Coleman will surprise you.  

Feels like a reset year because it is - Diggs, Davis, Morse, Poyer, Hyde, Williams and Floyd are all gone.  We are taking a $30M+ cap hit on Diggs so there was no room for free agent help, and little room for trades.   You cannot replace all these guys in one draft, especially when you pick 28 out of 32.  

The vision and plan is to still compete and win games while retooling - so getting younger, and better, and building cap space for the future.  

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Honestly, I think it’s as simple as McD and Beane valuing intangibles like character, toughness (physical and mental), and intelligence over raw physical abilities like speed. Is that right? I don’t know. But I suspect it’s their general MO.

Oh it’s definitely their MO. 

for once maybe we’ll get some seriously talented kids instead of good character kids. 

16 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’ll buy you a beer at a game sometime 

I'm willing to bet up to $50 ( that's like buying someone dinner at a decent restaurant), but if a beer is all it is, I'll honor it too. I guess 1 beer is almost $50 at the stadium, anyway....

38 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

You don't really know what you're complaining about

I'm looking forward to seeing what Samuel does with Josh, but that said he was the 3rd option in Wash and they passed a lot.

He had a good year, but he averaged 9.9 yds/catch. 

He's more a secondary slot guy or competition for Shakir, rather than an outside down the field threat.

I'm not upset with the Coleman pick. It's not my favorite. But I'm probably more upset with not doubling down.  We needed an influx of youth and our depth is rough.

I'm willing to bet up to $50 ( that's like buying someone dinner at a decent restaurant), but if a beer is all it is, I'll honor it too. I guess 1 beer is almost $50 at the stadium, anyway....

I don’t even want anything from you when you’re wrong. I just want you to bow down to my greatness 

1 minute ago, harmonkillebrew said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what Samuel does with Josh, but that said he was the 3rd option in Wash and they passed a lot.

He had a good year, but he averaged 9.9 yds/catch. 

He's more a secondary slot guy or competition for Shakir, rather than an outside down the field threat.

I'm not upset with the Coleman pick. It's not my favorite. But I'm probably more upset with not doubling down.  We needed an influx of youth and our depth is rough.

We are pretty young in the WR/TE/RB department for what it's worth. I mean, if Kincaid, Coleman, and Shakir end up being our top three receivers, that's a super young group. Then you have the developmental guys like Shorter....Cook and Davis at RB....this is a young skill position group.

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

I don’t even want anything from you when you’re wrong. I just want you to bow down to my greatness 

More like giving in to your sadness

• Like (+1) 1