Interesting Stat: QB's with most INT's thrown that got nullified by penalty

Big Turk

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

This is crazy!

Wonder what the narrative would look like if even half of them haven't.

Some of that is Mahomes seeing the penalty and then making a very risky play because he knows it's coming back. Brady was the master of throwing balls to get DPIs and Mahomes has taken up that mantle. Others are refs bailing him out. 

• Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 4

Just now, Low Positive said:

Some of that is Mahomes seeing the penalty and then making a very risky play because he knows it's coming back. Brady was the master of throwing balls to get DPIs and Mahomes has taken up that mantle. Others are refs bailing him out. 

I've watched plenty that are not of the Offside variety

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

I've watched plenty that are not of the Offside variety

That one against the Jets last year was so obvious. The call was ticky-tack and the INT was game-clinching for the Jets. I don't think that it's conspiracy. I think that the refs are just in awe of his greatness and subconsciously help him out. NBA stars benefit from this all the time.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

That's ridiculous 

That difference has to make you think there's something going on behind the scenes,  there's no chance the difference is that great, it's just statically impossible..

2 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

That one against the Jets last year was so obvious. The call was ticky-tack and the INT was game-clinching for the Jets. I don't think that it's conspiracy. I think that the refs are just in awe of his greatness and subconsciously help him out. NBA stars benefit from this all the time.  

Absolutely,  was at that game , literally happened right in front of me, that was 100% not p.i 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

The one in the Raiders game was pretty bad as well...still ended up losing tho and he already had thrown a pick 6 earlier.

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, Stretch said:

It is a made up stat.  Read just a few replies down and the guy who tweeted it admits it.

i got tricked but I'm almost certain Mahomes leads this stat by alot

2 minutes ago, Stretch said:

It is a made up stat.  Read just a few replies down and the guy who tweeted it admits it.

See, there is an example of confirmation bias. We jumped to respond to this without verifying because it confirms our pre-existing bias. I'll try to be better.

Just now, Low Positive said:

See, there is an example of confirmation bias. We jumped to respond to this without verifying because it confirms our pre-existing bias. I'll try to be better.

I won’t.  I think it is in all likelihood true that he leads on this, just not quite by that much.  I just happened to read a few of the responses.

8 minutes ago, Stretch said:

I won’t.  I think it is in all likelihood true that he leads on this, just not quite by that much.  I just happened to read a few of the responses.

I don;t even know how you could measure this. Plays that result in penalties are not recorded in the stats. Someone would have to go back and watch every game over the past 6 years.

23 minutes ago, Stretch said:

It's a real problem with people. My first thought when I saw this was "where's the link to the stat? Where's the research? Something? Anything?"

Why do people just read a tweet or watch a video and automatically believe it? 

It goes against everything we were thought growing up.

38 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

This is crazy!

Wonder what the narrative would look like if even half of them haven't.

Do you really believe this to be true?

I don’t.

• Simon locked this topic