Sanders doesnt like the idea of warm weather players going to cold weather teams

Einstein

19 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Yup that fantasy world of being a three sport college star, then the fantasy of playing at the highest level in football and baseball, and then the fantasy of winning championships, and then the fantasy of getting elected to the college and pro football HOF, then the fantasy of being selected to the all tiem top 100 NFL players of all time, and then the fantasy of raising a son good enough to play major college football, and finally the fantasy of being able to coach your son along the way...

Yup he sure does live in a fantasy world...

Bro chill, he isn't going to sleep with you. I really missed where that has anything to do with his coaching and current take on the landscape of football.... 

His current views are absolutely fantasy and outrageous takes, nothing was stated about his accolades as a player but GOO OFFF MY BOI. 

Edited by warrior9
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Bro chill, he isn't going to sleep with you. I really missed where that has anything to do with his coaching and current take on the landscape of football.... 

His current views are absolutely fantasy and outrageous takes, nothing was stated about his accolades as a player but GOO OFFF MY BOI. 

You miss my point.  You said he lives in a fantasy world. My point is for Deion and many others like him in and out of sports, the things they want are not fantasies.  They make things like this happen.  Eli forced his way out of San Diego.  Did anyone say Eli or Archie were living in fantasy? Lebron is going to get some GM to draft his kid and then trade him so they can play together.  If Sanders wants his kid to play in a warm weather site, he can probably make it happen.  It's not an absolute of course.  San Diego drafted Eli.  They could have played hardball but they chose not to.  Baltimore could have drafted Elway but they chose not to because Elway didn't want to play there.  

19 hours ago, SoTier said:

Teams that play in the domes frequently have trouble winning when they play outside, especially in the playoffs.

I disagree.  Top FAs look at the compensation and the organization before they consider weather in potential landing sites.   I think that the Bills would have no trouble attracting top FA WRs if they pursued one.  I suspect that most NFL WRs would love to have Josh Allen throwing them the ball even in cold weather.  

Agree.  When have the Bills ever not been able to attract free agents?  Oddly it's been players like Kelly and Cousineau that were the top draft picks that chose not to play in Buffalo. I don't think weather factored into either of those decisions.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

He is one of the greatest professional athletes of the past 100 years.  An amazing football player.  A showman who has always been entertaining.  And a D 1 football coach.  Not s bad resume.  Watch the 30 for 30 show on him playing for the Braves and the Falcons at the same time in the early 90’s.  Pretty interesting. 

react_haha.png

Now we know your job - his press agent.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

You miss my point.  You said he lives in a fantasy world. My point is for Deion and many others like him in and out of sports, the things they want are not fantasies.  They make things like this happen.  Eli forced his way out of San Diego.  Did anyone say Eli or Archie were living in fantasy? Lebron is going to get some GM to draft his kid and then trade him so they can play together.  If Sanders wants his kid to play in a warm weather site, he can probably make it happen.  It's not an absolute of course.  San Diego drafted Eli.  They could have played hardball but they chose not to.  Baltimore could have drafted Elway but they chose not to because Elway didn't want to play there.  

Agree.  When have the Bills ever not been able to attract free agents?  Oddly it's been players like Kelly and Cousineau that were the top draft picks that chose not to play in Buffalo. I don't think weather factored into either of those decisions.

I didn't miss your point. You spouted his athletic accolades like it has anything to do with an absolutely god awful take. 

What you said above doesn't correlate to this at ALL, either. NBA is not the NFL. You're comparing a team with 5 ppl who play with 15 on the team vs 53. You're also comparing a person that didn't want to play for a franchise with Deion who said warm weather QBs shouldnt play in the cold.. 

So... we should just cancel games that are cold if the QB is from a warm weather state? Again, it's a fantasy world / take. Tua was drafted to a warm weather team and played in a VERY cold game vs KC, does Deion think that shouldnt happen? 

PS Rodgers. Brady and Josh Allen all played in California... Mahomes, Texas..

Yes, Deion lives in a fantasy world and he will STILL not sleep with you. 

Edited by warrior9

1 hour ago, Punching Bag said:

react_haha.png

Now we know your job - his press agent.

Thank you.  I have always liked Deion.  He talked the talk.  But backed it up on two different playing fields.  He calls himself Prime.  Have to love that.  And talks about himself in the 3rd person.  Jim Kelly used to do that if I recall.  Does anyone even do that anymore?  I think Andre "Bad Moon" Rison was on too.  He was nut back in the day.

I just watched the 30 for 30 about him a couple weeks ago.  He is sitting in an airplane hanger in a backwards chair just talking away.  It was pretty cool.  Brought back a lot of memories.  

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Many of the Bills first round picks after the AFL/NFL merger in 1966, held out ... starting out with OJ Simpson, first pick in the 1969,  Cousineau, #1 pick in 1979, and Bruce Smith, the #1 pick in the 1985 draft.   Cousineau played in the CFL until the Bills' rights expired and allowed him to sign with the Browns.   Kelly chose to play in the USFL and finally signed after the USFL folded.   The primary reason for all of these hold-outs was money first and the Bills organization second since the Bills were largely uncompetive for most of the 1970s as well as in the 1980s after Chuck Knox departed and before Marv Levy was hired as HC.

14 hours ago, SoTier said:

Many of the Bills first round picks after the AFL/NFL merger in 1966, held out ... starting out with OJ Simpson, first pick in the 1969,  Cousineau, #1 pick in 1979, and Bruce Smith, the #1 pick in the 1985 draft.   Cousineau played in the CFL until the Bills' rights expired and allowed him to sign with the Browns.   Kelly chose to play in the USFL and finally signed after the USFL folded.   The primary reason for all of these hold-outs was money first and the Bills organization second since the Bills were largely uncompetive for most of the 1970s as well as in the 1980s after Chuck Knox departed and before Marv Levy was hired as HC.

Bruce was signed before the draft started. He didn't hold out