Are you better off today than you were four years ago?

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Can you imagine what will happen to these individuals if Republicans regain control and cut programs like Medicare, Medicaid, and ObamaCare, which assist people with fixed incomes?

I think you're a lunatic who has no real understanding of any of this, so I'll refrain.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I think you're a lunatic who has no real understanding of any of this, so I'll refrain.

That's because you can't square it.  Don't you love when you step in 💩?

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

And I’m not well off. I haven’t gone on vacation in 15 years. I just don’t base weather I’m better off than 4 years ago based on some idiot politician of what makes one better off. 

Well people tend to have different priorities…but make no mistake, cost of living is definitely top of the list for most people…👍

On 3/21/2024 at 1:08 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

Hah.

I've always been kind of a centrist on the whole COVID response thing. It's fair to say that Biden (and a lot of governors) kept distancing/masking/remote schooling/whatever rules in place far too long.

But it's also fair to say that Trump's initial response to COVID was comically bad, ending in the perfect comeuppance: he gets COVID himself and has to be airlifted to Bethesda.

I give him credit for Operation Warp Speed for the vaccines though.  A massive success that saved a lot of lives and we may still be wearing masks without it.  Ironically, the moronic faction of the Democrat party don't want to give Trump any credit for it while the idiot faction of the Republican party thinks it was unnecessary.

• Agree 1

⬆️🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡⬆️

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Trump first three years debt rose $3.3 trillion.

Biden first three years debt rose $6.25 trillion.

Edited by US Egg

49 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I'm not sure what this sentence is trying to convey, but that's another issue.

Retirees, or people on fixed income might have a different view re inflation of the past couple years.

I don't blame any politician for all of it, but they all share in the blame for crazy fiscal policy.

I fixed it. Damn phones. 
I’m sure it’s tough on people with fixed incomes. 

worse off than 4 years ago and the pandemic was just getting going and the Orange Jesus was in office? I doubt it. But even then I was having a good time. I had fun during the pandemic, I feel for people who got seriously ill or died. And no I don’t think it was all a hoax, I have a cousin that was in the hospital, almost died and will have complications from it the rest of his life. 

l just say back and laughed at everyone fighting and did what I could to have fun with my family. I enjoyed having extra time with them. I figured people must really hate their families. Everyone was crying having to spend time with them.

38 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

I fixed it. Damn phones. 
I’m sure it’s tough on people with fixed incomes. 

worse off than 4 years ago and the pandemic was just getting going and the Orange Jesus was in office? I doubt it. But even then I was having a good time. I had fun during the pandemic, I feel for people who got seriously ill or died. And no I don’t think it was all a hoax, I have a cousin that was in the hospital, almost died and will have complications from it the rest of his life. 

l just say back and laughed at everyone fighting and did what I could to have fun with my family. I enjoyed having extra time with them. I figured people must really hate their families. Everyone was crying having to spend time with them.

You "had fun" while the government restricted yours and other citizens freedoms?

JFC.

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

You "had fun" while the government restricted yours and other citizens freedoms?

JFC.

It’s your fault you let them restrict yours. I did what I wanted. I just didn’t stand on the street corner screaming at the top of my lungs trying to draw attention to myself. There is plenty to do in this country. If I couldn’t do one thing I found something else to do. I didn’t cry about not being able to do something because it was closed. Stop looking for problems to cry about and look for solutions. No wonder I don’t vote and I don’t come over to this side of the message board. 

21 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

JFC.

Well, you're having fun with blaming Biden for the $6 trillion trump giveaway.  

But the president’s rosy economic picture hasn't reached everyone.

Two years of steep inflation has hit working families hard, especially those living paycheck to paycheck.

4th&long says no. 

2 hours ago, 4th&long said:

It’s your fault you let them restrict yours. I did what I wanted. I just didn’t stand on the street corner screaming at the top of my lungs trying to draw attention to myself. There is plenty to do in this country. If I couldn’t do one thing I found something else to do. I didn’t cry about not being able to do something because it was closed.

2 hours ago, 4th&long said:

Stop looking for problems to cry about and look for solutions. No wonder I don’t vote and I don’t come over to this side of the message board. 

:lol:

Yeah, that's exactly what I was talking about. Stuff to do.

:doh:

How much IN SCHOOL learning did your kids miss out on?

I'm going to assume that you're not a church going person, but how long were your local churches closed to your friends and neighbors?

How many local small businesses in your area that were thriving pre March 2020, are now closed because the government said they couldn't do business?

How many vaccinations did you need to get in order to not lose your job? Congrats if you didn't fall into this category,  because many did.