WR then BPA

7 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Weren’t 3 safeties drafted in the first in 2022?  I mean it’s definitely not out of the question. 

Yea but two of them were 31 and 32 and the other was Kyle Hamilton who is generational as a safety.

And there is not even a Daxton Hill in this class, let alone a Hamilton.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

With the addition of Samuel and the other receiver we signed we are officially up to our eye brows in slot type receivers, we so desperately need an X / boundary / speed guy as our WR2, I sure hope we don’t go all Billsey and pretend we are all set at WR, talk about hanging Allen out to dry for yet another season…, 

I hope this doesn't go the way of Rodgers where they just disrespect the position until the guy wants to leave. Luckily he isn't even a fraction of that kind of crazy. 

25 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I hope this doesn't go the way of Rodgers where they just disrespect the position until the guy wants to leave. Luckily he isn't even a fraction of that kind of crazy. 

They have had Diggs who has been top part of the league and they added Kincaid last year.  I know the narrative is that they have ignored Allen, but those two were big investments and an argument can be made that you are paying Allen to be able to elevate lesser receivers.  

I am not saying that they should not draft a receiver early, only that the cupboard hasn’t been completely empty.

5 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

They have had Diggs who has been top part of the league and they added Kincaid last year.  I know the narrative is that they have ignored Allen, but those two were big investments and an argument can be made that you are paying Allen to be able to elevate lesser receivers.  

I am not saying that they should not draft a receiver early, only that the cupboard hasn’t been completely empty.

I'm not going to argue what he should do, just that other teams would probably be willing to spend on more than one quality option at a time. Diggs is dropping off and I don't think Kincaid will be Gronk or Kelce soon. 

BPA vs quantity of quality talent at position vs quantity of quality talent at position in next years draft, vs quantity of quality at position in follow years free agencyand vs need.

18 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Weren’t 3 safeties drafted in the first in 2022?  I mean it’s definitely not out of the question. 

Not this class.   2 rbs went top 5 and had productive years last year.  This year you might not see one drafted til the 3rd rd.  There is not a safety worth drafting at 28, and I would argue 60, worth drafting this year.

BPA at 28 will be Thomas Jr or either Texas wr, either Robinson at edge, Murphy or Newton at DT, and Jackson Powers at C or Guard.  Those are the guys in the running imo.  

• Like (+1) 2