Putin Has Murdered Alexie Navalny

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Do we know what the actual story is on this guy? I’m seeing conflicting reports…

All the news from our national media says he opposes Putin.  That's good enough for the average American.  I've read assessments of Navalny's positions at one time or another as aligned with "the West" on one side and being an ultra-nationalist on the other. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/18/2024 at 10:03 AM, Joe Ferguson forever said:

it's called "dualist thinking".  You are a master.  But anyone who still supports trump is a moron (there are degrees of stupidity, from idiot to common dolt) or has an ulterior motive

Where does lying fall on that stupid list of yours? What was the name of your friend again?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Crowds of mourners, including opposition figures, chanted “We are not afraid! Don’t be afraid!” as Navalny’s coffin arrived at the church. Thousands waited behind barriers in hopes of laying flowers on the coffin, but the public was not able to enter the church.

Russian authorities exerted tight control on the crowd of public mourners, with metal barriers blocking access to the entrance of the church. Navalny’s team, which operates in exile in Vilnius, Lithuania, broadcast the funeral live but reported interruptions to the internet around the church.

The farewell service for Alexei Navalny that thousands of supporters waited hours for in the Moscow cold was cut short, according to those present, and limited only to immediate family.

During the service, Navalny could be seen lying in the open coffin, wearing a suit and tie, as his mother, Lyudmila Navalnaya, bade him farewell. A priest put a small icon on his chest.

When a few dozen supporters then approached the coffin, the ceremony was cut short, according to Russian outlet Verstka, which had a reporter present, and it lasted no more than half an hour.

“Please let me say goodbye! Well, please, don’t close the coffin!” people pleaded. They beseeched guards to keep the coffin open and let the remaining mourners say goodbye, according to a video posted by RusNews. “He is dear to us! Please let us say goodbye!”

The wardens pushed the crowds aside and shut the casket.

Navalny ally Leonid Volkov said in a live broadcast on YouTube that the authorities pressured the senior priest of the church to limit access to the memorial.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/03/01/alexei-navalny-funeral-moscow-updates/

7 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Gonzalo Lira get the same western reporting?  

Seems like progressives don't care about the murders of Americans anywhere they happen unless doing so supports their politics.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

Seems like progressives don't care about the murders of Americans anywhere they happen unless doing so supports their politics.

Navanly isn't American.  Just American trained and supported.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2024 at 9:29 AM, Doc said:

Interesting.  And Ukraine is the last country to want to lie for Russia.

And it's plausible. I mean, why kill him now?

Now?? They poisoned him in 2020 and he didn't die.  what are you going on about?

why move him above  the arctic circle?

On 3/6/2024 at 7:24 AM, Tommy Callahan said:

nah..

During a court hearing on 21 September, he said: "I don't understand one thing. The army has a million people, Rosgvardia has 350,000 people, the Interior Ministry has another million and a half or two million people, and the Federal Penitentiary Service is full of people. Why are they drafting civilians?"[472] In another court hearing two days later, Navalny said: "You won't shut my mouth with your ShIZO [punishment cell]. This is a crime against my country. I don't relate to it, and I won't be silent. I hope that everyone else who hears me will not be silent about it. Because what's happening now is much more terrible than any 12 or 112 days in a ShIZO [punishment cell]. This is a historic crime, this is involving hundreds of thousands of people in this crime".[473][474]

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Now?? They poisoned him in 2020 and he didn't die.  what are you going on about?

why move him above  the arctic circle?

Yeah, they poisoned him almost 4 years ago and 2 years after the Ukraine war started.  Why now?

Truth be told, I was initially willing to believe Russia had him killed.  And then Ukraine, who has no reason to lie (about this) and in fact every reason to make people believe Russia killed him, said it was due to a blood clot.  Which is why I asked the above.

Edited by Doc

36 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, they poisoned him almost 4 years ago and 2 years after the Ukraine war started.  Why now?

Truth be told, I was initially willing to believe Russia had him killed.  And then Ukraine, who has no reason to lie (about this) and in fact every reason to make people believe Russia killed him, said it was due to a blood clot.  Which is why I asked the above.

he disappeared from a Russian jail for 3 weeks.  Then he appears in this notorious prison death camp.  He was sent  there to wither away and die. And he did.  That’s what Biden has charged.  He was right.  Likely “blood clot” (if true) was the terminal event. 

let me ask you: how many death certificates have you filled out?  And on how many did you list “sudden death syndrome”? 

the Ukrainians were told by the Russians that he died of this.  His mother too. 

Putin sent this guy to die in that prison.-by  natural causes (via starvation, withholding medical care) or otherwise.No sane person disputes this. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

he disappeared from a Russian jail for 3 weeks.  Then he appears in this notorious prison death camp.  He was sent  there to wither away and die. And he did.  That’s what Biden has charged.  He was right.  Likely “blood clot” (if true) was the terminal event. 

let me ask you: how many death certificates have you filled out?  And on how many did you list “sudden death syndrome”? 

the Ukrainians were told by the Russians that he died of this.  His mother too. 

Putin sent this guy to die in that prison.-by  natural causes (via starvation, withholding medical care) or otherwise.No sane person disputes this. 

Like I said, I initially figured Russia did it.  Navalny was a dead man walking once he decided to go against Putin.  Was it was better to go like he did or Prighozin?  I don't know.

But the Ukrainian confirmation of a blood clot came from their "top spy chief" who would be going by more than just Russia's word.  And frankly, that's where my interest ended.  Because despite what Biden has charged, the same thing will come as did when he charged MBS with Khashoggi's death: nothing.

Edited by Doc

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

Like I said, I initially figured Russia did it.  Navalny was a dead man walking once he decided to go against Putin.  Was it was better to go like he did or Prighozin?  I don't know.

But the Ukrainian confirmation of a blood clot came from their "top spy chief" who would be going by more than just Russia's word.  And frankly, that's where my interest ended.  Because despite what Biden has charged, the same thing will come as did when he charged MBS with Khashoggi's death: nothing.

Perhaps nothing, but supporting a guy for US President that actually admires Putin is simply revolting 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Perhaps nothing, but supporting a guy for US President that actually admires Putin is simply revolting 

Even if that were true, the same end result happens: nothing.  Biden talked a good game when he was in his basement about MBS.  When it came time to put his money where he mouth was, he turtled-up.

12 hours ago, Doc said:

"Kyrylo Budanov, chief of the Main Directorate of Intelligence (HUR) of Ukraine's Ministry of Defense has said that Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny died of a blood clot. “I may disappoint you, but as far as we know, he indeed died as a result of a blood clot"

Ukrainian Intelligence, right there....