Bills windows with Josh

JAX

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

In your opinion, is he on the level with Aaron Donald, Chris Jones, and Quinnen Williams?

I think he is just a tick below Donald and Jones. I think he was better than Q this past year, don't see any reason why he can't be better again. I think he is on that level. Donald and Jones remain a cut above, sure. 

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he is just a tick below Donald and Jones. I think he was better than Q this past year, don't see any reason why he can't be better again. I think he is on that level. Donald and Jones remain a cut above, sure. 

Lol I just read this and we can safely drop this conversation

'just a tick below Aaron Donald and Chris Jones'😂😂

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don't feel like the window is closing at all in the upcoming season.  It's as wide open as it was last September, before all of the injuries hit.

The Bills are a pretty young team.  Whenever I hear an opposing fan say we're getting older, I think it's because of Hyde, Poyer & Miller.  If you look at the rest of the team, it's pretty dominated by guys in their 20's, and many who were just drafted in the past few years.

If Beane can put together another very good draft, we should be in the top tier again this coming season.  And that is repeatable. This has always been a team that Allen basically carries for a large part of the time.  As long as he is surrounded by solid, capable players, with a few star-quality guys in the mix, we can beat anyone.

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2024 at 4:39 PM, Success said:

I don't feel like the window is closing at all in the upcoming season.  It's as wide open as it was last September, before all of the injuries hit.

The Bills are a pretty young team.  Whenever I hear an opposing fan say we're getting older, I think it's because of Hyde, Poyer & Miller.  If you look at the rest of the team, it's pretty dominated by guys in their 20's, and many who were just drafted in the past few years.

If Beane can put together another very good draft, we should be in the top tier again this coming season.  And that is repeatable. This has always been a team that Allen basically carries for a large part of the time.  As long as he is surrounded by solid, capable players, with a few star-quality guys in the mix, we can beat anyone.

Except for the old guys we are young every year. 

• Haha (+1) 1

With the Diggs trade I definitely feel that a window has closed, but another one is opening. It's sad that we'll never have a SB with Hyde, Poyer, White, Diggs, Gabe and Morse - especially Hyde and Poyer, I wanted one for those guys so bad. But with the 2022 draft looking like a really good one, we have another young nucleus to look forward to, with a fully in his prime Josh Allen. Outside of Allen our next window with have a core of Oliver, Bernard, Rousseau, Benford, Kincaid, Shakir, Cook and Brown (with Dawkins and Milano still around), plus whoever we draft this year. Here's hoping that those guys can step up the way we expect them to both on the field and leadership wise, and Beane nails the draft this year. I certainly expect some kind of step back in 2024 (ofc with Josh Allen you're never out of it), but if we can land a few impact players in the draft we're set up really nicely from 2025 on.

Edited by 518Buffalo

I honestly don't think the loss of Diggs is a major setback.  This past season Davis was mediocre at best and was a major non factor in several games.  (Aside from blocking)  Diggs was hot and cold and I believe more of a distraction than we were led to believe, but who knows.  He has definitely lost a step or two and JA forced wayyyyy too many passes his way (because of Diggs' diva attitude).  Samuel will take a lot of those short passes that would've been designated for Diggs.  He was a non factor on deep balls.  Grab speed in the draft, and it couldn't be any worse than Davis.  Kincaid should be even more of a factor in his second year and Knox will hopefully be healthy.  My biggest concern is the defense.  The Bills window could be closed as a result of the defense, not because of the Diggs trade.

to me it is one giant window not a bunch of little ones.  Chiefs fans probably thought a window closed when they traded Hill.  

Players come and go every year, a lot of them.  Sometimes it is more significant guys like this year but the Josh window is still wide open.

• Agree 1

The NFL stands for Not For Long for a reason.  Players come and go all time.  

2024 will be remember for the year the Bills transitioned from older declining players, most of which came from other teams, to younger, cheaper home grown talent.   Out with Poyer, Diggs, Morse, Hyde, Davis and White. Only Davis & White were Bills draftees. Now the core of the team is home grown players like Allen, Cook, Kincaid, Benard, Torrence, Dawkins, Brown, Shakir, Rousseau, Oliver, Benford, Milano and T Johnson.  

This team is younger, cheaper and honestly has more upside than the aging veteran team that was just let go.  Will that potential come to fruition as early as the 2024 season?  Don’t know, but I’m significantly more optimistic about the team’s long-term future today than I was on Tuesday.