New uniforms for the Jets in 2024

Gregg

18 hours ago, Gregg said:

What they wore against the Bills when Rodgers got hurt is what they are going back to. Their fans loved those uniforms.

Those uniforms are great! For Jets uniforms, I mean. 

But seriously, this movement to add a gazillion stripes or boxes on jerseys, incorporate black into team color schemes where it doesn't belong, and make the helmets 7 colors of reflective nonsense is all junk. 

I really, really hope the Bills just keep their current uniforms, which are awesome, clean, and classic red, white and blue. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Those uniforms are great! For Jets uniforms, I mean. 

But seriously, this movement to add a gazillion stripes or boxes on jerseys, incorporate black into team color schemes where it doesn't belong, and make the helmets 7 colors of reflective nonsense is all junk. 

I really, really hope the Bills just keep their current uniforms, which are awesome, clean, and classic red, white and blue. 

Agree. The Bills should never change the uniforms as they look great. I would like to see them bring back the Super Bowl era uniforms with the red helmet as a throwback that they wear once a year. 

• Like (+1) 1

I predict the Jets finish #2 in our division and make life difficult for us a bit this season

They won 7 games without a QB. With the Bills and Dolphins in the division. 

Rodgers is still very, very good, and we will see that in 2024. We'll still win the division, but the Jets will be no joke. 

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I predict the Jets finish #2 in our division and make life difficult for us a bit this season

They won 7 games without a QB. With the Bills and Dolphins in the division. 

Rodgers is still very, very good, and we will see that in 2024. We'll still win the division, but the Jets will be no joke. 

He's 40 going on 41 next season and coming off a serious injury. His last season in GB was his worst statistically. Unless the Jets can improve their OL, it will be hard to keep Rodgers healthy. With that said I expect the games against them to be close especially at MetLife which has become a house of horrors recently.

19 hours ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

I'm worried that the Bills are going to change their uniforms for the stadium opening and do something "modern" that looks stupid.

Look no further than the Jets, Falcons, Rams, Lions, etc. -- don't fix things that aren't broken. Less is more.

If they go that route I think it's going to incorporate traditional pilings and colors. I don't think they'll stray much from the formula. Ralph bit on the wave of the late 90s early 2000s of modernizing because of the Titans. I don't see Pegs doing that. I could see us moving closer to the 90s mix with the 60s pipings and possibly red helmets. They've been quiet about jerseys and helmet lately...

21 minutes ago, Gregg said:

He's 40 going on 41 next season and coming off a serious injury. His last season in GB was his worst statistically. Unless the Jets can improve their OL, it will be hard to keep Rodgers healthy. With that said I expect the games against them to be close especially at MetLife which has become a house of horrors recently.

GB was trying to get away without spending resources on offense because Rodgers would make it work was the thought. Now with Love they suddenly start drafting WR in rounds 1 and 2 to surround the kid with talent. 

GB wasted Rodgers prime years. Sure, he's old now but 41 is nothing with the rules these days. He's got the arm and accuracy that he's always had, plus a gigantic chip on his shoulder. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Gregg said:

It is their time to shine. They are the defending offseason champions. Last year it was Rodgers and now it's the uniforms.  I just hope Woody Johnson remains their owner for a very long time.

My uncle always said the Jets go for the headlines and the Giants titles. Hess actually was a good owner, but his passing eliminated the growing consistency and continuity they had.

NY is always rushing the moment they get any glimpse of success or hope for max success it seems. 2019 when they added Bell and never added a center I just sat there like "aren't you going to protect this guy and give Darnold maybe some better pass catches". Until they decide to truly go through a process style rebuild that you've seen the best teams do and not care about the glitzy names it just feels like a group that will keep spinning their tires.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

GB was trying to get away without spending resources on offense because Rodgers would make it work was the thought. Now with Love they suddenly start drafting WR in rounds 1 and 2 to surround the kid with talent. 

GB wasted Rodgers prime years. Sure, he's old now but 41 is nothing with the rules these days. He's got the arm and accuracy that he's always had, plus a gigantic chip on his shoulder. 

It will come down to can they improve the OL. If they can't then Rodgers will get killed playing for them. Zach Wilson is a terrible QB but the one thing he could do was scramble to avoid the rush and create plays by running like Allen does. Rodgers can't do that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.