Next year, it’s our Lombardi.

Beast

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

On second down in red zone at the end of the game, you didn't "expect" Allen to get the touchdown?   I did.  

Each season is different.  I didn't expect the Bills to go anywhere in the playoffs last season.  I was prepared for the Bills to lose to the Bengals.   I did expect more this season.  

I don't see why I have to wait for the Bills to prove it before I can expect that they will win.  Waiting for them to prove is taking a negative attitude - "I'll believe when I see it" means, literally, "I don't believe it now."  Why don't you believe it now?   Because you believe that there is something wrong that keeps them from winning, based on previous performances.   I don't believe previous performances control future outcomes.  

Think about this.  Dawkins holds his ground for a fraction of a second longer against Jones and Allen hits Shakir in the end zone.  Chiefs have the ball with a minute 43 and need a touchdown?   Do they get it?   I don't know.  Most people around the league would say, yes, they get the TD.  Why?  Because Mahomes seems to ALWAYS get that score in that situation.  So, if that's true, is it really the Bills fault that they lost?   The point is, losing to the Chiefs is not the measure that something is wrong.  Everyone loses to the Chiefs.  The Bills are the only team good enough to have seen them in the playoffs for three of the last four years.  That history doesn't justify not believing the Bills can win it all.  All that needs to happen is for Dawkins to get a little better or the Bills to get better in some other way, and/or the Chiefs getting past their prime.  

Today, February 13, 2024, I believe they can do it.  I don't have to see it first.  

That show me stuff, what does it really mean? Of course, anyone can say after the fact, I'll believe it, because, frankly, there's nothing to believe, just acknowledge. I'm right there with you. We need to add smartly, and then there is the caprice of the gods, but it's not ridiculous optimism to be bullish on the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Too many holes to fill for that kind of optimism.  

BuffBIlls is right.  What holes?  

I think people have memories that are too short.   People need to remember the drought.   Those teams had holes.   I mean, every year, as free agency and the draft approach, it was completely obvious that the Bills had no one - I mean NO ONE - to play one or two or three positions.  Those were real holes.  

The Bills don't have one hole on offense.  All they have is a position - wide out, where it would be good to get better, but that's not a hole. 

Defensive holes?  Well, if they lose Hyde or Poyer or both, those are holes.  They don't have holes on the D line, at least until they lose someone in free agency.  No holes at corner.   All those positions are just places it would be good to upgrade.  No holes at linebacker. 

This is a solid, championship caliber roster that needs to get better.  

35 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

On second down in red zone at the end of the game, you didn't "expect" Allen to get the touchdown?   I did.  

Each season is different.  I didn't expect the Bills to go anywhere in the playoffs last season.  I was prepared for the Bills to lose to the Bengals.   I did expect more this season.  

I don't see why I have to wait for the Bills to prove it before I can expect that they will win.  Waiting for them to prove is taking a negative attitude - "I'll believe when I see it" means, literally, "I don't believe it now."  Why don't you believe it now?   Because you believe that there is something wrong that keeps them from winning, based on previous performances.   I don't believe previous performances control future outcomes.  

Think about this.  Dawkins holds his ground for a fraction of a second longer against Jones and Allen hits Shakir in the end zone.  Chiefs have the ball with a minute 43 and need a touchdown?   Do they get it?   I don't know.  Most people around the league would say, yes, they get the TD.  Why?  Because Mahomes seems to ALWAYS get that score in that situation.  So, if that's true, is it really the Bills fault that they lost?   The point is, losing to the Chiefs is not the measure that something is wrong.  Everyone loses to the Chiefs.  The Bills are the only team good enough to have seen them in the playoffs for three of the last four years.  That history doesn't justify not believing the Bills can win it all.  All that needs to happen is for Dawkins to get a little better or the Bills to get better in some other way, and/or the Chiefs getting past their prime.  

Today, February 13, 2024, I believe they can do it.  I don't have to see it first.  

Well, maybe some of what they've been doing is working on the wrong stuff.  Or they've been attacking it the wrong way.

But the whole point of the process is to figure it out, whatever it is, and fix it.   Day after day, year after, work at continuous improvement.  And multiple businesses in the US, here and around the world, use this process.   

As you know, many businesses never reach the top and never will the Buffalo Bills if they keep thinking this ‘process’ nonsense is going to give them the answers. At this point in McDs reign it is nothing more than a cliche. Taking the final step is NOT about The Process. It’s about staying in the moment, at the moment of ultimate testing. I’m beginning to think the team needs something akin to a zen retreat, and then that guru needs to walk the sideline during playoff crunch time as a clear visual reminder of what they have hopefully trained their minds to do. Sounds a bit dum for sure but it’s what’s lacking from the entire roster and staff. 

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

As you know, many businesses never reach the top and never will the Buffalo Bills if they keep thinking this ‘process’ nonsense is going to give them the answers. At this point in McDs reign it is nothing more than a cliche. Taking the final step is NOT about The Process. It’s about staying in the moment, at the moment of ultimate testing. I’m beginning to think the team needs something akin to a zen retreat, and then that guru needs to walk the sideline during playoff crunch time as a clear visual reminder of what they have hopefully trained their minds to do. Sounds a bit dum for sure but it’s what’s lacking from the entire roster and staff. 

Don't assume McDermott won't don something like you suggest. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I don't think it is easy. Nothing meaningful in life is easy. They could miss, sure, but this is a deep draft for WR. If they take at least two, one early, there's a reasonable chance they upgrade the WR room in a way that moves the needle. They are replacing a bunch of aging DL that for the most part is mediocre at best. Getting younger is easy; draft some. The hard part is getting good players that fit your system, but I think it's not a very high bar to match what they are replacing. Safety is a harder nut to crack, because Poyer and Hyde are exceptional, though grizzled vets. There's a surplus of good FA safeties this year, and it's a position that often cannot command high numbers. I think we will sign someone there, might keep Poyer one more year, and draft a rookie with promise. I have confidence in the coaches when it comes to safety.

In short, the case for probable is not outlandish, and it does not require replacing Beane or McD.

They've given this several cracks of the whip. 

If the what I highlighted first isn't accomplished like next season, the second highlight shall be required. They are officially on the clock.

2 hours ago, BufBills83 said:

How are there too many holes to fill?  We need help at receiver, safety, Dline, and some depth.  I want to draft a receiver early, and possibly a second one mid-round.  I want to draft at least one Dline and 1 safety.  It will depend on where the value is and who the Bills like on where these players are picked, but these are the positions I would like them to target.  Possibly a center to take over for Morse in a year or two.

For FA I would like a veteran brought in to help with the transition to the rookies playing more, a veteran safety, and maybe Dline.  They would all be mid-range FA obviously, no high priced FA.

The entire Oline is under contract next year.  TE's are fine, RBs we can pick up a cheap FA or draft one in mid to late rounds.  CB is fine, LB is fine as we get Milano and Bernard back.

We're hoping these holes are actually filled with guys who make a difference.  That's no guarantee.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.