Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

6 hours ago, Peter said:

I will not individually embarrass them, but several of the posts of the Diggs' sycophants who steadfastly defended his "cryptic" social media posts and actions certainly did not age well.

How toxic must a player be for a team to trade him for a future second round pick and take such a cap hit.

Some of us tried to warn people.

Oh well, we move on . . . .  

I put a bunch of time into transcribing the Cosell interview on OBL.

Fundamentally, Cosell's take seems to be that he was not (what Cosell calls) a #1 WR in terms of Cold Hard Football Facts driven by watching tape at this time, and was not going to be able to live up to his contract with the Bills.

And Cosell's take is, that's what other teams see when they value him in a trade -a 30+, declining possession receiver.

There may have been stuff that happened within the building that was a factor, but I think it would be a naive take to view his social media posts as pivotal or even significant contributions to the decision to trade him.  Stuff like being a Captain but huffing out of the building after a playoff loss and refusing to talk to the media, may have contributed.  Stuff we don't know about, may very well have contributed.

Now if I were Diggs, I'd be sleeping with a transcript of what Cosell said under my pillow and reading it before every workout and every game, letting it fire me up and seeing what I could do to make him munch his words.

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I put a bunch of time into transcribing the Cosell interview on OBL.

Fundamentally, Cosell's take seems to be that he was not (what Cosell calls) a #1 WR in terms of Cold Hard Football Facts driven by watching tape at this time, and was not going to be able to live up to his contract with the Bills.

And Cosell's take is, that's what other teams see when they value him in a trade -a 30+, declining possession receiver.

There may have been stuff that happened within the building that was a factor, but I think it would be a naive take to view his social media posts as pivotal or even significant contributions to the decision to trade him.  Stuff like being a Captain but huffing out of the building after a playoff loss and refusing to talk to the media, may have contributed.  Stuff we don't know about, may very well have contributed.

Now if I were Diggs, I'd be sleeping with a transcript of what Cosell said under my pillow and reading it before every workout and every game, letting it fire me up and seeing what I could do to make him munch his words.

Weren't you the want that posted that Diggs was screaming insults at Allen at halftime of games?  If that was not a one or two time occurence and Allen couldn't take care of it himself man to man, then the Bills had to either trade Diggs or Allen and clearly they weren't going to trade Allen.

5 hours ago, Billy Claude said:

Weren't you the want that posted that Diggs was screaming insults at Allen at halftime of games?  If that was not a one or two time occurence and Allen couldn't take care of it himself man to man, then the Bills had to either trade Diggs or Allen and clearly they weren't going to trade Allen.

I got told at the end of the 2022 season that the Diggs - Allen relationship had broken down and they were barely on speaking terms. I don't think that was really the reason for the downturn in performance in late 2023 though, because the previous 12 months they had managed to co-exist successfully on the field. 

I think it is a combination of it all. The fact he was no longer best buds with his QB and had the explosive temper moments were sufferable while he was producing at the level he was up to halfway through 2023. Once that production disappeared it was no longer worth the wedge. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• SDS locked this topic