Senior Bowl updates

HappyDays

8 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

The more I see, the more confident I am that there is an immediate WR2 and potential WR1 to be had at the back end of the 1st round. Especially with an expected run on QB expected 

Brother this draft will be littered with future WR1's, maybe even some in the mid-rounds. Whoever we get has that #17 advantage as well. Exciting times ahead i believe😊

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

A couple nice reps from Legette here:

JPJ is going to be a plug and play 10 year starter at center in the NFL. If he were to get to us at #60 I'd do it. 

My views on Legette are well known. I was imploring people not to overreact yesterday, I say the same today. His tape is a day 1 player to me. I am resolute on that.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Do you rate him though ? 

I'll admit I have a thing for massive men that play in the trenches. I'm a believer in size. Technique of course matters, but ultimately it's just hard to move a 360+ pound human being multiple times a game. Same reason I liked the Torrence pick last year. And I think large DTs have become even more important these days with undersized LBs becoming the standard across the league.

But as usual it's a matter of the positional drop off from 1st round to later in the draft and in free agency. Capable 1Ts are not that hard to find, and elite 1Ts don't win games on their own. Defensive line is arguably just as big a need as WR right now but if we're going that route in the 1st round it has to be a pass rusher. Not a gap defender. If Sweat can develop into a Vita Vea type where he can dominate both areas then of course it would be a great pick.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'll admit I have a thing for massive men that play in the trenches. I'm a believer in size. Technique of course matters, but ultimately it's just hard to move a 360+ pound human being multiple times a game. Same reason I liked the Torrence pick last year. And I think large DTs have become even more important these days with undersized LBs becoming the standard across the league.

But as usual it's a matter of the positional drop off from 1st round to later in the draft and in free agency. Capable 1Ts are not that hard to find, and elite 1Ts don't win games on their own. Defensive line is arguably just as big a need as WR right now but if we're going that route in the 1st round it has to be a pass rusher. Not a gap defender. If Sweat can develop into a Vita Vea type where he can dominate both areas then of course it would be a great pick.

Yea I'd hate Sweat in round 1 because of positional value. He won't make it to #60 but if he did I'd sprint to the podium. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

JPJ is going to be a plug and play 10 year starter at center in the NFL. If he were to get to us at #60 I'd do it. 

I get it … Positional value …

Someone will say “F it “ though and take him in the first  and have themselves an all pro level player in the next couple of years …

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I get it … Positional value …

Someone will say “F it “ though and take him in the first  and have themselves an all pro level player in the next couple of years …

He will go between 25 and 40. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Steelers could take him at 20

That is high for a 1T who I am not sure rushes the passer all that well. But Pittsburgh is a 3-4 team so taking him as a nose... I can see it. But I wouldn't say that's a great pick.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That is high for a 1T who I am not sure rushes the passer all that well. But Pittsburgh is a 3-4 team so taking him as a nose... I can see it. But I wouldn't say that's a great pick.

I’m talking about JPJ

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.